Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TalkBears Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who's Online (See full list)

Bearstalk

Are you a diehard Chicago Bears fan? If so, you've found the spot to discuss all things Chicago Bears. Discuss the Monsters of the Midway as the Bears look to repeat their success from last season in 2026! Flaming is not allowed and all such posts will be deleted. Try to keep it clean and most importantly BEAR DOWN! #BEARS #CHICAGOBEARS #BEARDOWN

  1. Started by AZ54,

    St Clair wants to remain with the Bears http://www.chicagobears.com/news/NewsStory.asp?story_id=5511 excerpt: Knowing that Williams likely will be given every chance to earn the starting position in 2009, St. Clair wouldn’t be opposed to moving back inside to guard. In 2007, the 6-5, 315-pounder started one game at left tackle, one at right tackle and the final three at left guard. “I’ve played everywhere,” St. Clair said. “If it fits, I’m all for it. I’ve always been a team player. I can play all the positions. I pride myself on playing everything.” Coach Lovie Smith said last week that it was premature to discuss St. Clair’s role next season. …

    • 24 replies
    • 3.9k views
  2. Started by jason,

    Up until he went on IR, Mitch Unrein was having a career year. In 12 games he had 1.5 sacks and 24 tackles. That's not a joke. That's his career year. Meanwhile, Hicks has 8 sacks, 38 tackles, and is a general terror on the field. The Bears need to upgrade Mitch Unrein more than they need to upgrade OLB. This is something I said last year. The same holds true. I think at this point I would prefer the Bears to start with a trade down then... 1. Mike McGlinchey, OT, ND - Could start LT or RT, whichever. 2. Equanimeous St. Brown, WR, Notre Dame - Great size and speed. #1 immediately. 2. Da'Shawn Hand, DE, Bama - He's got incredible strength and could be a s…

    • 6 replies
    • 1.3k views
  3. Bears bringing in Dont'a Hightower to visit and McIntosh....... they also waived Max Komar, so its going to be a LB in the draft or FA. I told Jason a while back that Komar wont see the roster this year......so who is next Sanazenbacher? Maybe if we are targeting a bigger WR like any one over 6'2 like Cutler has asked for. We brought in Randle maybe Hill/Quick and on the radar as well as Floyd if he slips that far to #19.

    • 11 replies
    • 1.6k views
  4. Started by CrackerDog,

    Not sure I agree with this but it's a "glass half full" take on what many of us are struggling to understand. http://gapersblock.com/tailgate/2014/01/be...iendly-deal.php Again, I don't know what the real contract details are but it seems most are agreeing that first year salary is $22.5. If as this article suggests this doesn't stop them from going after the star defensive FA's out there, it might make sense. I'm still trying to come to grips with it.

    • 22 replies
    • 2.5k views
  5. Started by Stinger226,

    I am trying to do my homework on GM candidates since I have today off. Record since Ross has been involved the drafts 2014- 6-10 2013 7-9 2012 9-7 2011 9-7 won SB 2010 10-6 2009 8-8 2008 12-4 lost division title It the last 4 years of drafts only 2 players arent in the league anymore 19% are primary starters 40% are primary backups Notable picks: Beckhum-WR Richburg-OC Pugh- OT Randle----WR Wilson-----RB Amukamara-CB Pierre Paul-DE Joesph- DT Nicks-------WR Brown------RB Beatty-----OT Until I compare with other GM candidates, not sure it stands up, but to compare to ours…

  6. Started by Stinger226,

    The national press and some locals claim doomsday for this team. Yes we lost Mack and Hicks, but last yr they were hurt more than they helped. This yr we have improved a dismal DB group with the addition of Brisker and Gordon. Johnson has grown one more yr and hopefully the new scheme rejuvenated Jackson. The scheme seems to be more user friendly for Vidor. Graham is expected to take a step forward. We signed Tevon Young, and Clurkshank for added depth. Elijah Hicks seems to be going to make the roster. Smith is back in the fold and should flourish in this scheme. Morrow is running under the radar but was highly productive in LV and has the speed of Smith. SLM…

    • 5 replies
    • 660 views
  7. Started by vegas1211,

    Pro Football Talk is reporting that Malcolm Kelly of Oklahoma ran a 4.63 forty in his latest attempt. Given the fact that there have been rumbling about him possibly dropping into the second round and the fact that scouts tend to in my opinion focus too much on the forty as opposed to game speed, would you consider taking him in the second round if he is there. I like his size 6'3" 218 and he was fairly productive at Oklahoma. Just a thought.

  8. Started by AZ54,

    http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_29553...t-malik-jackson There is no way I want to pay this guy $10mil/yr for 5 years. 45 tackles combined and just 5 sacks considering the outstanding outside pressure he had forcing QBs to step up in the pocket. Especially not when the DT talent in this draft is so good throughout the first two rounds. If that's the Bronco's offer then we'd have to go well above that to get him to sign since his preference is to stay in Denver. Elway knows keeping that defense together is the only way they'll get back. But still that's getting crazy IMO and he's probably got to pay Von Miller $17-20mil/yr.

    • 11 replies
    • 3.3k views
  9. Started by DABEARSDABOMB,

    Will sign tomorrow.

    • 1 reply
    • 725 views
  10. Why the Pats let him go?

  11. Started by nfoligno,

    Sorry for the non-bears post, but crap. Snow is fun. We got a freaking foot of snow in the last 24 hours, and my kids are having more fun that I can explain. I am not sure I have ever seen more than about an inch of accumulated snow in Dallas, but we got 12 inches! I have to go back 30 years to when I was in Chicago to remember similar. And the best part. Tomorrow is supposed to be upper 50s, maybe 60, and sunny. Yea, that's right. We get a great snow day, and two days later can go golfing.

  12. Started by Ed Hochuli 3:16,

    http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Patrio...an-Mankins.html

  13. Started by Ed Hochuli 3:16,

    Somehow this flew under the radar, but Patrick Mannelly signed a 1 year extension today.

  14. Started by Mongo3451,

    Never saw him make a mistake...

    • 6 replies
    • 1.4k views
  15. Started by Ed Hochuli 3:16,

    Despite the horrible Cutler news, the recent news that Mannelly has a torn ACL isn't much better. per everyone

  16. Started by adam,

    It looks like we are going to get Brock Osweiler on Sunday. He led the Broncos on some late garbage time scoring drives, but otherwise he didn't look that good against KC either (58% comp, 1 INT, 3 sacks). Hopefully our internal knowledge of his tendencies will allow us to put in a great game plan against them next week. This is a huge game for Fox and I hope all our player step up for him and show Elway he was dumb to let Fox and Gase go. They also may be without TJ Ward who may be suspended (since he was ejected in the KC game for punch Maclin).

    • 1 reply
    • 951 views
  17. Did you not find it odd that Manning was giving Trubisky pointers about the offense and not Glennon. Even he knows what's up. http://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/bears-m...-some-pointers/

    • 2 replies
    • 840 views
  18. Started by ChileBear,

    Just read this on the Trib site. About time!

    • 9 replies
    • 2.4k views
  19. Started by GakMan23,

    http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/footb...0,7034381.story Bout time our top pick of the 06 draft starting being worth something...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.