Who's Online (See full list)
- There are no registered users currently online
Bearstalk
Are you a diehard Chicago Bears fan? If so, you've found the spot to discuss all things Chicago Bears. Discuss the Monsters of the Midway as the Bears look to repeat their success from last season in 2026! Flaming is not allowed and all such posts will be deleted. Try to keep it clean and most importantly BEAR DOWN! #BEARS #CHICAGOBEARS #BEARDOWN
12,548 topics in this forum
-
So here's an interesting article breaking down Martz's tendencies as a playcaller in every season he's coached. It breaks down everything from the big issues (how many receptions went to each receiver, the carry split between the #1 and #2 RBs, what percentage of pass attempts ended in sacks or interceptions, etc.) to the really minute ones (like percentage of QB runs and TE end-arounds, stuff like that.) Then the writer makes a couple of predictions about the Bears, although he's careful to point out that we won't know much until after training camp/OTAs. It's kind of interesting. The one thing that jumped out at me is this: I was very against moving Hester to th…
-
- 25 replies
- 4.8k views
-
-
I realize that it won't mean much if we can't run the ball or pass protect, but still I'm surprised there hasn't been much discussion here about Martz's passing scheme. I watched the preseason game, and I replayed every passing down the Bears had. The scheme is GREAT. EVERY down had multiple receivers open, sometimes WIDE open. You know how when we play certain teams, you feel so frustrated at our coverage, like "how are THEY always open, and we NEVER are??" I think we're about to be one of those other teams. I'm used to seeing receivers used to clear space and then hitting the guy underneath. I saw similar shapes, but it seemed that in a lot of the pl…
-
- 17 replies
- 3k views
-
-
I know there's a thread for workouts attended by the Bears but this one impacts the first round and I think merits it's own place. Lovie in attendance and Marinelli running the workouts. Watching the NFL Network it seems there's a lot of consensus that Austin has worked his way back into the first round. If that's true we have to start thinking he could end up on our roster. I've read where he was supposed to be a top 5 talent before the suspension. Now the flip side of having another guy enter the first round talent wise is that it makes it more likely an offensive player we like falls to us too. Naturally the coaches watched Greg Little workout too. I…
-
- 6 replies
- 2.5k views
-
-
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/...-marvin-austin/
-
- 10 replies
- 1.9k views
-
-
According to a few draft sites he is rated no higher than the 20th best prospect at his position.The scary part is one person compared him to Roy Williams. I don't agree with that.He is a decent route runner that I believe is similar to Earl Bennett. Thats not bad but thats not what this team needs.A solid go to guy with size and speed to become a constant threat on every down is what this team needs with possible game breaking abilty. I always use an old school approach to big ten schools and their skill position players.When they have transition to the pros what has this school produced at the pro level. Iowa has lagged in those positions but in the trenches on both si…
-
- 21 replies
- 3.3k views
-
-
Jen Lada @JenLada 21m21 minutes ago Hearing the #Bears are close on a 3 yr deal w/ Mason Foster. ILB has been a FA target since beginning. #NFLFreeAgency Jen Lada @JenLada 20m20 minutes ago New Bears DB coach Ed Donatell was Foster's Def Coordinator at Washington in 2008. LB was Huskies defensive MVP that season. Jen had been right about Rolle. Would be a good signing. Read he struggled in coverage last year, but also read somewhere else that he was real good the year before. Young, talented, immediate star…
-
- 31 replies
- 11k views
-
-
Per Jen Leda on Twitter (and a congratulatory tweet from Jarvis Jenkins).
-
- 15 replies
- 3.1k views
-
-
This was posted on PFT tonight. I know Hoof won't be happy to read this, but I can't help being reminded of last year at this time when everyone was debating whether we'd draft Matt Forte with our 2nd or 3rd pick. Massaquoi To Bears? Posted by Aaron Wilson on April 15, 2009, 5:11 p.m. University of Georgia wide receiver Mohamed Massaquoi has been projected as the Chicago Bears’ second-round draft pick with the 49th overall selection, according to Mike Mayock of NFL Network and Mel Kiper of ESPN. During a conference call today, Mayock, citing league sources, told reporters that Massaquoi is one of the fastest-rising prospects in the draft. Massaquoi …
-
- 32 replies
- 7.1k views
-
-
For those interested. Think it's streaming on chicagobears.com
-
- 2 replies
- 1.4k views
-
-
-
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/09/23/bobby-massie-a-surprise-inactive-for-bears/
-
- 2 replies
- 934 views
-
-
Entire starting offense plus WR3, TE2 all return next year. Crazy level of continuity.
-
- 20 replies
- 1.7k views
-
-
I was reading some stats. We had the 11th ranked OL in the league last year . Massie was ranked 29th overall of all OTs. The last 8 weeks of the season, he was the best pass blocking RT in the league. When people mention Massie , we always say we need to upgrade the position. He has actually been playing well. I think we should resign him for 3 yrs, 20 mil with 10 mil G. So in 2 years we can cut him with no dead money. We draft his replacement or give Coward another year to develop , build up our depth. We should draft a RG-RT to take over what ever spot opens up first. I think with the maturation of Daniel's and Whitehair, the line improves.
-
- 13 replies
- 1.5k views
-
-
http://www.chicitysports.com/2011/07/25/ch...rumors-targets/ This is updated as reports and rumors come in. Hope it helps you guys.
-
- 16 replies
- 2.2k views
-
-
https://www.matchquarters.com/p/matchquarters-db-101-technique-analysis
-
- 1 reply
- 398 views
-
-
courtesy of yahoo. http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Auos...ayoffodds113010
-
- 3 replies
- 1.3k views
-
-
Tyrann Mathieu is currently on NFL AM and wow, I don't know what to think of him. He admits he only benched 4 reps at the combine because "his focus was on keeping a tight circle, staying off weed and having a 4.4 40." The issue I have with that is if he has to use so much of himself to just keep normal friends and stay off an illegal drug, that situation is rough. Another issue I have is that he put that put focus into a 40 to run a 4.4 and still couldn't. Mathieu also claims he had to be told a couple times to stop and still didn't. Oh, and he said if he got drafted by New Orleans, he'd have to find a way to stay out of trouble. Ouch. I still think he cou…
-
- 10 replies
- 1.9k views
-
-
m.bleacherreport.com/articles/2462860-rising-nfl-stars-to-keep-an-eye-on-in-2015 Yes, it's bleacher report, an no this isn't really a surprise but times are slow so I'll throw it out there. I tend to agree. I know people don't like the PFF stats, but they are there FWIW. I remember a few years back I brought up the pressure productivity stats and people questioned it because a guy named Jerry Hughes was near the top of that list. A lot of people were like who the hell is Jerry Hughes, and that list lost all credibility with Jerry Hughes being on it. 2 years later Jerry Hughes has racked up 19.5 sacks. Those aren't great numbers or anything but still, it sho…
-
- 8 replies
- 2.5k views
-
-
In the next couple games, Forte could eclipse the 10,000 yards total mark for the Bears. Currently he sits at 6,748 yards rushing and 3.005 yards receiving. That's amazing considering he is only in the beginning of his 7th year and has missed a few games with injury.
-
- 1 reply
- 1.1k views
-
-
This is more along the lines of a leader that we and other players on the team need to see. More Paytonesque where Matt believes actions are louder than words. So true. http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpos...amp;src=desktop
-
- 1 reply
- 898 views
-