Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TalkBears Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who's Online (See full list)

  • There are no registered users currently online

Bearstalk

Are you a diehard Chicago Bears fan? If so, you've found the spot to discuss all things Chicago Bears. Discuss the Monsters of the Midway as the Bears look to repeat their success from last season in 2026! Flaming is not allowed and all such posts will be deleted. Try to keep it clean and most importantly BEAR DOWN! #BEARS #CHICAGOBEARS #BEARDOWN

  1. Started by adam,

    Ok, I am not in this camp, but I thought it was at least an interesting discussion. I saw this brought up before. Just seeing the effort from the O-Line and then the receivers on the scramble drills (or lack of effort), is it possible that some of these guys are purposely half-assing it to undermine Trubisky? The O-Line (at least everyone except Whitehair who is Mitch's friend) are getting run over to the extent that it's almost purposeful. They can't be this bad. Leno has never played worse. Massie is huge and can't move a guy 50 lbs lighter than him? Daniels who was a promising interior lineman is literally whiffing at dudes a the LOS. When have you seen all recei…

  2. I found this guy on Twitter who has compiled some data on college and combine numbers compared to NFL success. Very interesting. https://haydenwinks.com/project-tag/draft-research/ The QB data is here: https://www.rotoworld.com/article/numbers/nfl-draft-analytics-qb The top 5 stats that correlated to NFL numbers were College Passing TD's to NFL TD's and Yds/g; College Passing Yards to TD/g and QB Rating, and College Yds/g to NFL TD/g. Now I know there are top college guys that don't do anything in the NFL, but the odds are that the top QB's will be from the top group of players with high passing yards and passing TD's in college. The odds of them having l…

    • 8 replies
    • 1k views
  3. Started by jason,

    Looks sloppy, slow, Unimpressive. He looks more suited inside as a 4-3 3T than what the Bears need.

    • 2 replies
    • 1k views
  4. OK, Jay has 1,476 passing yards through 6 games. Assuming he continues at the exact same pace of 246 yds/game, he'll get another 2,460 yards for the next 10 games. That would be a total of 3,936. Kramer currently hold the record of 3,838 from 1995. Kramer also has the # of TD's in a season record of 29 from the same season. Jay is only on pace (having just 8 TD's currently) to only get a total of 21. Can't get 'em all Jay! Sid's got the franchise passing record of career yards of 14,866. Jay got 3,666 in 2009 and 3,274 in 2010. With the 1,476 he's got right now, that'll give him 8,416. He'd only need 6,450 more to pass Luckman. In theory…

  5. Started by AZ54,

    It seems there are a few others besides me who felt he played well. Admittedly there wasn't a lot of competition coming out of last years draft but nonetheless there were far lower expectations of Conte in just his second year at FS and first year in the NFL. http://www.chicagobears.com/news/NewsStory.asp?story_id=8589

  6. http://www.suntimes.com/sports/8047874-419...mike-martz.html

  7. Started by CrackerDog,

    He's certainly handed out more big suspensions during his terms than anyone on record. I guess here's how I see the good and the bad... Good Got a long term collective bargaining agreement with the players that puts a little more balance in the negotiations between teams and players. Seems to have gotten players attentions with all of the suspensions. I'd say the league has cleaned up its act pretty well. Obviously there's always going to be issues just like anywhere in society but overall, I'd say the douche quotient in the league is down from when he took over. Set aside more money for retired players via the last deal. Is dealing with the co…

  8. Started by DABEARSDABOMB,

    This is from Biggs trib article, 10 thoughts, which is usually one of my favorite reads. I really like Herring and I said all off-season that our LB corps were total stinkers and was a huge position of need. I'd say it is the weakest position on the entire roster. Herring would seem to agree. I bolded one part for added emphasis.

    • 2 replies
    • 1k views
  9. Started by ASHKUM BEAR,

    Adam, you usually run this a couple weeks before the draft. We are about 36 days away! Was wondering since it is getting close if we can get something started, would like to see us at least get 4 rounds in or more. A thought I had was instead of picking teams, have a rule in place like you cannot make a selection if you selected 5 picks ago (or any # thought reasonable). That way any member can contibute without waiting. We can tag links to notable boards to find team needs and player rankings. I am getting geeked up already and thought if there are any thoughts we can discuss

  10. Started by adam,

    With the draft complete, using our original picks, what would've been your dream draft knowing who was picked where? Only rule is you must select a player that would've been available at our slot and in the same round. Here would be mine: #3 - Solomon Thomas, DL (SF trades #2 to someone else, Thomas available at 3 since he is there, I take him) #36 - Sidney Jones, CB (wanted Cam Robinson, considered Baker and Jones, and ultimately went with a CB) #67 - Antonio Garcia, OT (the 3rd round looked much different than I expected, could've went several directions here) #111 - Eddie Jackson, S (I actually like this pick here, good job Pace, you got one right…

    • 4 replies
    • 1k views
  11. Bears Offensive Problems: More Than the Players http://chicagobearsfanforum.com/blog/?p=280 It looks to me like the QB question got settled last night. I agree with the writers from both The Chicago Sun-Times and The Chicago Tribune. I think WR Brandon Lloyd stepped up and won a job for both himself and Kyle Orton. In Orton's case, its' like being 3 feet tall in a land of midgets. But for better or worse, I think the Bears made their decision. Its also apparent that the Bears have offensive problems other than QB. No, I'm not talking about the banged up offensive line. I'm not talking about mediocre WRs. Those are big ones but what I'm thinking about…

  12. Started by AZ54,

    I think TE is a position we could address in the 3rd Rd if the right player is there. Dawson Knox has the athletic talent and size you want at the position but he's raw in his route running and blocking. Plus his team and QB didn't utilize him much so the production isn't there. All of which places him as a late 3rd Rd, or maybe even 4th Rd prospect. I had to watch 3 games to see him get some passes thrown his way but he makes several good catches against Kentucky. It's easy to envision him running the same routes as Trey Burton, or running any route faster than Shaheen. https://thedraftnetwork.com/2019/02/12/2019-nfl-draft-player-profile-dawson-knox/

    • 5 replies
    • 1k views
  13. Started by madlithuanian,

    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/...t-this-weekend/ Bears, Forte will meet this weekend Posted by Josh Alper on February 24, 2012, 10:31 AM EST Reuters Contract talks between the Bears and running back Matt Forte will get underway at the combine this weekend. Albert Breer of the NFL Network reports that the team and Forte’s representatives will discuss a long-term contract in advance of Forte becoming a free agent. Forte’s made no secret of his desire for such a deal over the last year, but nothing happened while Jerry Angelo was the team’s General Manager. These will be the first meetings on the topic since Phil Emery replaced Angelo earlie…

  14. Started by balta1701-A,

    — ChicagoBears.com (@ChicagoBearscom) March 13, 2012

    • 6 replies
    • 1k views
  15. Started by GakMan23,

    KC receiver picked up from waivers

    • 8 replies
    • 1k views
  16. Started by adam,

    Poles has no clue wtf he is doing. You trade out of the 2nd and then draft your TE3 with an early 3rd rounder?

    • 28 replies
    • 1k views
  17. online you can listen in

    • 4 replies
    • 1k views
  18. I'm all in on that. As soon as I get back from Thailand, I'm putting 500 down on that. Am I stupid?

    • 5 replies
    • 1k views
  19. Started by Mongo3451,

    Sign him now. He was productive last year. Jags have cleaned house.

    • 7 replies
    • 1k views
  20. Started by AZ54,

    Cutler flips a football at a defender and is fined $10000. No injury whatsoever there. Jared Allen intentionally leaves his feet on an illegal blindside block and drives into the head of his opponent with his helmet, giving him a concussion and tearing his knee apart in the process. Punishment for this is only twice as much as flipping a football at someone: $21000. Nonetheless I'm off to get my flight to Chicago and will be at Sunday's game against Seattle. Thankfully the forecast says this Arizonan will be in 60 degree weather.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.