Who's Online (See full list)
Bearstalk
Are you a diehard Chicago Bears fan? If so, you've found the spot to discuss all things Chicago Bears. Discuss the Monsters of the Midway as the Bears look to repeat their success from last season in 2026! Flaming is not allowed and all such posts will be deleted. Try to keep it clean and most importantly BEAR DOWN! #BEARS #CHICAGOBEARS #BEARDOWN
12,547 topics in this forum
-
I found this article rather interesting. Really shows you just how good Donald was at getting in the backfield, and how Jernigan should be looked at as more of run stuffer than a 3 tech. http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/cfb/4665...k-dt-metrics-10 With Houston potentially, or perhaps likely, moving inside on passing downs I wouldn't totally be against taking Jernigan, but I still would love Donald. Wish they would have analysed more.
-
- 0 replies
- 631 views
-
-
I'm wondering if anyone here happened to DVR the game? If so I would gladly pay for the time, effort, and materials to have the game put on DVD. I've been trying to find a torrent of it and have had no luck, nor could I find it on a couple auction sites that sometimes list games.
-
- 0 replies
- 631 views
-
-
Higher than I expected to be honest. Considering Goff is lower, and only Daniels is higher as a 2nd year QB. So Maye, McCarthy, Penix are all lower.
-
- 9 replies
- 630 views
-
-
Jay looked pretty good, amazing to see such a mobile QB able to move around the pocket or roll-out and give himself time to make plays downfield. To think how much better he will be once he learns the offense. I would not be surprised if Miami keeps Cutler and ditches Tannehill eventually. He had a couple of crazy throws but the defense had to respect the pass, allowing Ajayi to rack up yards on the ground.
-
- 0 replies
- 630 views
-
-
Link. This just needed to be posted somewhere before someone asked if he was available next year. That is all. Thank you.
-
- 0 replies
- 630 views
-
-
If we beat the Packers we are in the first round of the playoffs. Our first game will be at home against either four of the warm weather teams the 49ers,Panthers, Saints or the Cardinals depends on this last weeks games. I like us at home against any one of these teams in the cold.
-
- 0 replies
- 629 views
-
-
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/...-for-the-bears/
-
- 0 replies
- 628 views
-
-
I was thinking, which players on the Bears have the best chance at a Pro Bowl, based on last year's performance, and a little projection? On defense, I was thinking Edmunds and Brisker. On offense, Moore and Jenkins or Davis seem like they have the best chance. Fields might have a shot. The best QBs in the NFC from last year were Hurts, Cousins, Goff, Smith, and Jones. What do you think? Do the Bears have anyone you think has a good shot at a Pro Bowl selection this year?
-
- 3 replies
- 628 views
-
-
Why is this relevant to the Bears? Herbert signed after his 3rd year, so the Chargers didn't take advantage of his 5th year option. After this year (his 4th), his salary will go from a $8.4M cap hit to approximately $29M in 2024. If the Bears were to consider the same plan for Fields, that would be next offseason, and his big salary would kick in a year earlier than expected. That scares me. Also, I am surprised Herbert got that big of a deal. He was 18th in DVOA, 11th in QBR, and 12th in QB Rating. The only stat he was top 5 in was yards (which really don't matter unless you score). Even with 4739 yards, he still only had a 6.8 Y/A. If you took the name off an…
-
- 3 replies
- 628 views
-
-
-
After both retired, Tunney asked Butkus about his zest for violence. " I always called him Richard. I asked him, ‘Richard, did you ever intentionally try to hurt somebody?’ “He said, ‘Nah, not unless it was in a game or something.’” From a story https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2019/12/12/21005035/fumble-pile-violence-nfl-stories Why I love watching football. Always viewed it as contact ballet. It's the grace of a WR or a running back. An OF line or DF player on one hand wanting to pile drive the other yet be so graceful as to just make them pound air. Such a violent yet graceful game. And then you add the chess like strategy.
-
- 0 replies
- 627 views
-
-
http://www.nootsnotes.com/2011/11/19/injur...ions-sd-at-chi/
-
- 0 replies
- 627 views
-
-
Sorry, messed up when trying to delete a spammers reply. Can we start over, LOL.
-
- 0 replies
- 626 views
-
-
http://www.chicagobears.com/multimedia/vid...63-f31beb2b67a0
-
- 0 replies
- 626 views
-
-
This is from Aaron Leming who has broke several stories before the mainstream media. So his theories carry a little more weight than others. https://twitter.com/AaronLemingNFL/status/574363450983387137
-
- 1 reply
- 625 views
-
-
So much for people riding Poles on this. I think he is doing a good job. The Smith holdout will pass. remember, Smith held out on his rookie deal. He doesnt have an agent, that is what he does.
-
- 2 replies
- 625 views
-
-
Something I've noticed, the last month, is that we have not run any exotic blitzes from our secondary. Also, not seeing twists and stunts, which can also help and hurt the run defense. I remember discussing the value of having CJGJ and Gordon on the field, at the same time, due to their potential versatility. That flamed out about the same time DA stopped implementing CJGJ in the pass rush. Am I onto something?
-
- 11 replies
- 625 views
-
-
This is not a result of Ben Johnson, Caleb Williams, or anyone else but Ryan Poles. You can't continually lose on trades and under draft year after year. 2025 Draft picks in the first 4 rounds have literally contributed zero to this team in 2 weeks, and the Bears had 5 picks in the first 4 rounds. In 2024, he drafted Williams #1 and Odunze #9, which were a wash. Most had Williams going #1 and Odunze at 8. He did pass on Brock Bowers and Thomas Jr to go with Odunze. Also passed on every other QB for Williams. Right now, even after a great game for Odunze, it looks like those both were the wrong picks compared to players picked after them. We still have to gi…
-
- 5 replies
- 624 views
-
-
Looking back at last years defense, I saw some really good pieces and progress. The opposite was also observed. As it was pre-described, the offense came on, slowly, as predicted. The defense didn't get that same grace. DA is known to run a scheme that is trait specific, while BJ's scheme is talent specific. In that grace, we made two intentional signings in Dayo and Grady. They being one half of the starting DL, rarely played together due to injury. Whether training did that is irrelevant, due to case hardening. Case Harding is a manufacturing term used for toughening, due to job specific repetition. We got that last year from 80% of our defense struggling through unity …
-
- 12 replies
- 624 views
-
-
Just checking if the draft order had been set based on last year's results...
-
- 0 replies
- 624 views
-