Week 2 Game Thread @ SF

adam

So going into this game, it is nice to see Trestman getting the team there on Friday instead of Saturday. I like the extra day to acclimate and fine tune the game plan. Garza going down may be a blessing in disguise because De La Puente played great. Mills still seems to be the biggest issue on the line based on what I saw last week.

This game is very concerning as SF has more weapons than Buffalo and a better Defense. Kaepernick is much better passing and running than Manuel; Crabtree, Johnson, Boldin, and Davis are a tough set of receivers to defend. There defense is weaker without Smith, Bowman, and Whitner, but still very good. We have too many weapons to not keep this game interesting.

We have to constantly pressure Kaepernick, contain his runs, and take care of the ball. Winning the turnover battle will help.

:bringit

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This game scares the crap out of me. Our defense lacks speed and I'm curious how that manifests itself against a mobile QB like Kap. Those type of QB's have given our non-prime Urlacher defense fits. Our LB corps is so freaking slow.

Followed by Smith, Rodgers, and Newton. By Week 5 we should have a pretty good handle on mobile QBs, to follow with less mobile QB's Ryan, Tannehill, and Brady before the bye. What really scares me is that we have a realistic chance to go 0-8 as much as we do 6-2 into the bye. Odds say we will end somewhere in the middle, but with a loss already in a game we were favored in, 3-5 is probably the most realistic projection.

I think one large key in this will be seeing Allen doing what he was brought for. Pass rush and contain. I think that Houston will be able to some degree and if not, he'll slide interior and I know that Young can just about run with Kaepernick stride for stride.

From what I've see Kaepernick isn't as deadly as he once was with passes. The scrambling is still the no doubt. If we just had a current version of Urlacher who could chase their current version of Vick. My thought? Put either SMC or Bostic in a QB spy mode and concentrate on whatever he does. Call pass or run as they see it develop and pursue if he starts to run. I think our CBs and one safety can cover the deep passes and maybe the intermediary.

The other large factor will be Cutler. He has to be Dr Jekyll this week. Plain and simple.

Lock of the week!

SF will destroy us by at least 15 points.

Sorry, but I've seen this movie too many times...

1. on the road

2. night game

3. bad D

4. playing SF who always light us up like Christmas trees

5. opening a new stadium on national tv

Sorry to gloomy, but this one looks like it's an easy loss.

That said, I hope I'm wrong.

So going into this game, it is nice to see Trestman getting the team there on Friday instead of Saturday. I like the extra day to acclimate and fine tune the game plan. Garza going down may be a blessing in disguise because De La Puente played great. Mills still seems to be the biggest issue on the line based on what I saw last week.

This game is very concerning as SF has more weapons than Buffalo and a better Defense. Kaepernick is much better passing and running than Manuel; Crabtree, Johnson, Boldin, and Davis are a tough set of receivers to defend. There defense is weaker without Smith, Bowman, and Whitner, but still very good. We have too many weapons to not keep this game interesting.

We have to constantly pressure Kaepernick, contain his runs, and take care of the ball. Winning the turnover battle will help.

:bringit

Lock of the week!

SF will destroy us by at least 15 points.

Sorry, but I've seen this movie too many times...

1. on the road

2. night game

3. bad D

4. playing SF who always light us up like Christmas trees

5. opening a new stadium on national tv

Sorry to gloomy, but this one looks like it's an easy loss.

That said, I hope I'm wrong.

What happened to your "optimist half full glass" thinking?

All this talk of Marshall and Jeffery being out scares the shit out of me though....Hopefully they're just giving them extended rest.

I'd put a 1/4 chance that both don't play on Sunday and probably a near 50% chance that one of them is out. That worries me and basically makes this an impossible game to win.

I'd put a 1/4 chance that both don't play on Sunday and probably a near 50% chance that one of them is out. That worries me and basically makes this an impossible game to win.

Ya, even with both out there it was gonna be tough. With 1 or both out it's gonna be ugly. Morgan is hurting as well. If all 3 end up being out then Holmes would be the only healthy guy on the roster. How does the practice squad work? Would they have to release someone to bring up Williams/Bellamy?

I hope both play, especially with it being a night game and a few extra hours rest. We have no chance if either of them are out. The defense is going to let up 30, so we need 30+ to win.

I bet both play.

Marshall fully plays. They feel Jeffery out and test him early, but keep him in and out resting him.

Without our big 2 our chances turn to virtually zero.

I hope both play, especially with it being a night game and a few extra hours rest. We have no chance if either of them are out. The defense is going to let up 30, so we need 30+ to win.

Wrong thread gents...

This is a discussion of the SF / CHI Game...

Which doesn't bode well for us if our 2 star WR's are more than likely out...

Would you be more optimistic had our management/coaches decided to keep Hester for why he actually is good at? Returning. I know I would... Althoughbeit slight .

I would have loved to keep Hester as a returner...

But, I have no issue with their decision to let him go. I have greater issue with them retaining Briggs...

Would you be more optimistic had our management/coaches decided to keep Hester for why he actually is good at? Returning. I know I would... Althoughbeit slight .

What a huge opportunity tonight too, all the other teams got clobbered or are being clobbered. Minnesota and Detroit looked horrible and the Packers look just as bad. We lost to Buffalo who sure looked good against Miami today. Did we discount Buffalo so much that made our loss look worse than it actually was?

What a huge opportunity tonight too, all the other teams got clobbered or are being clobbered. Minnesota and Detroit looked horrible and the Packers look just as bad. We lost to Buffalo who sure looked good against Miami today. Did we discount Buffalo so much that made our loss look worse than it actually was?

Watching parts of that game (Buf/Mia) they might just have something with Manuel and that new receiver Williams(?). Besides already having players like Spiller and Jackson there too. Time will tell.