Season over

Alaskan Grizzly

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm calling it now. With the defense and Jay Cutler on this team, no playoff. Maybe 9-7 if they're lucky.

Mel tucker for nfc dipshit of the week... every struggling offense should try playing against this team its a helluva pick me up for any offense that's feeling down.... the bears are who they always are!!!!

Game 4 and you are done. Well see you next year. Enjoy your Cutler hate hope it keeps you warm at night.

Maybe then they'll have a capable QB in the offense. And a defensive coordinator.

I've tried everything. Even hoping my negativity would be proven moot. I figured at some point he'd come through for our team. But he's proven himself incapable time and again to come through during clutch. You can cuddle him all you want. I find it ironic you have Urlacher as your avatar given the distaste URL had for Cutler.

And as I write this almost another pick... Sigh

Maybe then they'll have a capable QB in the offense. And a defensive coordinator.

I've tried everything. Even hoping my negativity would be proven moot. I figured at some point he'd come through for our team. But he's proven himself incapable time and again to come through during clutch. You can cuddle him all you want. I find it ironic you have Urlacher as your avatar given the distaste URL had for Cutler.

And as I write this almost another pick... Sigh

HAT TRICK!!!

screw cleaning house... have a fire sale... everyone is available...

Forte runs for over 100, team for over 200, and we hold Lacy and GB to under 100 and lose. Even with the INTs, the defense never forced a single punt or turnover. GB scored every time they had the ball. That is ridiculous. I am sick our zone which is predicated on pressure from the front 4. When it is not there we get torched.

We now go back on the road to Carolina and Atlanta for the next two weeks. If we can split, that would be great at this point. Then we get Dolphins at home and Pats in NE. So going into the Bye at 4-4 seems like the most realistic projection.

After the Bye, to have a chance at the playoffs, we will have to go 6-2 against (GB, MIN, TB, DET, DAL, NO, DET, MIN) with 5 at home.

I'm calling it now. With the defense and Jay Cutler on this team, no playoff. Maybe 9-7 if they're lucky.

Don't let the door hit you. Everyone knew we had a tough early schedule and GB had backs up against the wall. We will lose all the time if we ask Cutler to be better then Rodgers. Rodgers is better, hands down, he's the best. If we are going to win, we need Jay to play well but we need other phases to show up. Defense was absolutely horrendous.

Don't let the door hit you. Everyone knew we had a tough early schedule and GB had backs up against the wall. We will lose all the time if we ask Cutler to be better then Rodgers. Rodgers is better, hands down, he's the best. If we are going to win, we need Jay to play well but we need other phases to show up. Defense was absolutely horrendous.

Thanks for the encouragement. I deal in pragmatism. I could be wrong but you might deal more in theoretical thinking of even fantasy if you're suggesting Cutler is "the one". He has so far done little to prove me wrong.

Regardless of yours, or anyone else's dislike, I'm here for the long haul.

Thanks for the encouragement. I deal in pragmatism. I could be wrong but you might deal more in theoretical thinking of even fantasy if you're suggesting Cutler is "the one". He has so far done little to prove me wrong.

Regardless of yours, or anyone else's dislike, I'm here for the long haul.

I thought you were giving up on watching the team. I'm all for various viewpoints. I think in my statement you can see I don't think Cutler is a top 5 QB and don't think he ever will be. I think he is top 10 though and I think you can win with him, however, it can't be without help from other phases. He is not good enough to do that, imo. I hope he proves me wrong but his long track record speaks for itself. I think he's been good this season though and while I put the week 1 loss on him and others for turnovers, this loss is on our defense and they can not be absolved.

Bears need to fight to maintain .500 up until week 8 and then at that point, we see if they can break past that, imo. Schedule is just very tough early on and the number of road games is just shocking. Have to win against Carolina cause I'm afraid what Brady might do to our defense.

I thought you were giving up on watching the team. I'm all for various viewpoints. I think in my statement you can see I don't think Cutler is a top 5 QB and don't think he ever will be. I think he is top 10 though and I think you can win with him, however, it can't be without help from other phases. He is not good enough to do that, imo. I hope he proves me wrong but his long track record speaks for itself. I think he's been good this season though and while I put the week 1 loss on him and others for turnovers, this loss is on our defense and they can not be absolved.

Bears need to fight to maintain .500 up until week 8 and then at that point, we see if they can break past that, imo. Schedule is just very tough early on and the number of road games is just shocking. Have to win against Carolina cause I'm afraid what Brady might do to our defense.

Oh no I will always watch the team. Although I considered turning off the game yesterday I didn't. Been through too many years not to. I just don't get that 'warm fuzzy' with Cutler out there. If he could play consistently good, I'd feel much better.

And you're right the D didn't help. Used to be, not all that long ago, no matter how crappy our O played the team could be bailed by ST and or O. However the cylinders weren't firing. The D the previous two weeks wasn't the same yesterday.

I agree. Cutler is at least a Top Ten QB. Top 5, not happening. Rodgers is if not the best, 1B in the NFL. The D sucked donkey Dick. Even if you take the two INT's away GB out scores us. They scored on every drive. When the Bears did not convert on the last drive of the first half we lost.

The O looked good on that first drive, it had me excited. Then I saw GB drive down in 6 plays (about two mins) and score effortlessly. Rodgers looked like he was playing a High school Defense.

If an Offense puts up 500 yards of total yards I would think 9 times out of 10 you win that game. The end of half goal line miscue, shitty penalties, two INT's all put us back but at the end of the day The O would have had to score on every series, which in the NFL is not easy unless you are playing the Bears Defense yesterday.

Foles looked horrible, Philly's season is over too. Philly scored on a punt return, blocked punt, and INT return (21 pts from Defense and ST) and still lost.

The Steelers lost at home to one of the worst teams in the league with Big Ben throwing for over 300 yards, 3 TDs, and 0 INTs.

How about New Orleans, Brees threw for 340 and they lost by 21? They were down 24-0 at half. That Defense was supposed to be revamped this year with Byrd at safety. How is that working out for them?

The NFL is a new season every week. It was a short week after two exhausting weeks on the road back and forth across the US. To think we played SF Sunday night on the West Coast, then the Jets on Monday night in NY, and then GB in Chicago this weekend on short rest. Ask yourself this, before these 3 weeks, would you take a 2-1 record in these 3 games? I think everyone would. Yeah it sucks that we lost at home, to GB (again), but to me, this game was a must win for them. They would've been 1-3 with a loss and would have to go 9-3 the rest of the way to even have a chance at the playoffs.

Also, it is clear that Rodgers has the Cover-2 or any soft zones figured out. GB is literally built to beat us. Their 3-4 normally gives us fits, and Rodgers with Nelson and Cobb seem to be built to exploit the Cover-2 and zone coverages. If you do not get pressure with your front 4 or any pressure on Rodgers, just like any other elite QB, he will eat you alive.

Looking back at this game on NFL Rewind today. The offense actually played really well minus a few plays. There were a few dropped passes and TD's, Bennett was a beast, but he has to go into the end zone on that route at the end of the first half. For the onside kick, I think Washington ran into and kicked the ball (we had it). The phantom 1st down for Nelson was huge. The Bostic phantom defensive holding on the FG gave them 4 more pts. We left at least 11 pts or more on the field, and gave up at least those 4. That is a 15 pt swing, at least. That makes it a close game at that point. Ola had a great game and our OLine is going to be solid all year. Look at the score sheet and see if you can find Houston, not even a single damn tackle. Mundy has been solid. We really need Houston and Allen to step up with what they are getting paid.

The defense actually did a great job stopping the run, but I believe that made us really weak in coverage. Also with no Ratliff and Allen, it clearly showed how important they are to the rotation. Also, Frey is brutal, I would really look at Bailey as a Nickelback, he can't be any worse than Frey has been.

1. First FG, should've been a TD +4 (penalty and drops)

2. Nelson 1st Down -4 (FG instead of TD, same drive as onside kick and short field)

3. TD at end of half +7 (Bennett crossed plane)

4. Penalty on FG -4 (FG was already good, phantom call)

5. We only need FG at end of game +3 (in FG range)

Revised history: CHI 31 - GB 30

To me, regardless of the INTs, this is why everyone is frustrated. We should've went into half up 28-17, but instead we were down 21-17. The game is completely different going in up 11 vs down 4 with a missed TD. So technically the first 3 changed the entire game. Our first FG drive, the Nelson 1st Down, and the Bennett no TD at the end of the half.

With our inability to stop Rodgers even once, if you add 2 TDs to our score or subtract 2 TDs from GB for what they scored after the INTs, we still lose by 7. On the first INT, we were in FG range, so make it a 17 pt swing, and we still lose. The point is we were a few plays away from making it a game, but would've needed every play to go our way to win.

Cutler's INTs were inexcusable, but he did go 10 quarters without an INT and was 8 TDs to 0 INTs heading into that 3rd quarter (after Game 1). 15 QBs have 4 or more INTs on the season like Cutler, and Cutler is 4th in Attempts.

Foles looked horrible, Philly's season is over too. Philly scored on a punt return, blocked punt, and INT return (21 pts from Defense and ST) and still lost.

The Steelers lost at home to one of the worst teams in the league with Big Ben throwing for over 300 yards, 3 TDs, and 0 INTs.

How about New Orleans, Brees threw for 340 and they lost by 21? They were down 24-0 at half. That Defense was supposed to be revamped this year with Byrd at safety. How is that working out for them?

The NFL is a new season every week. It was a short week after two exhausting weeks on the road back and forth across the US. To think we played SF Sunday night on the West Coast, then the Jets on Monday night in NY, and then GB in Chicago this weekend on short rest. Ask yourself this, before these 3 weeks, would you take a 2-1 record in these 3 games? I think everyone would. Yeah it sucks that we lost at home, to GB (again), but to me, this game was a must win for them. They would've been 1-3 with a loss and would have to go 9-3 the rest of the way to even have a chance at the playoffs.

Also, it is clear that Rodgers has the Cover-2 or any soft zones figured out. GB is literally built to beat us. Their 3-4 normally gives us fits, and Rodgers with Nelson and Cobb seem to be built to exploit the Cover-2 and zone coverages. If you do not get pressure with your front 4 or any pressure on Rodgers, just like any other elite QB, he will eat you alive.

Looking back at this game on NFL Rewind today. The offense actually played really well minus a few plays. There were a few dropped passes and TD's, Bennett was a beast, but he has to go into the end zone on that route at the end of the first half. For the onside kick, I think Washington ran into and kicked the ball (we had it). The phantom 1st down for Nelson was huge. The Bostic phantom defensive holding on the FG gave them 4 more pts. We left at least 11 pts or more on the field, and gave up at least those 4. That is a 15 pt swing, at least. That makes it a close game at that point. Ola had a great game and our OLine is going to be solid all year.

The defense actually did a great job stopping the run, but I believe that made us really weak in coverage. Also with no Ratliff and Allen, it clearly showed how important they are to the rotation. Also, Frey is brutal, I would really look at Bailey as a Nickelback, he can't be any worse than Frey has been.

2. Nelson 1st Down -4 (FG instead of TD, same drive as onside kick and short field)

To me, regardless of the INTs, this is why everyone is frustrated. We should've went into half up 28-17, but instead we were down 21-17. The game is completely different going in up 11 vs down 4 with a missed TD. So technically the first 3 changed the entire game. Our first FG drive, the Nelson 1st Down, and the Bennett no TD at the end of the half.

With our inability to stop Rodgers even once, if you add 2 TDs to our score or subtract 2 TDs from GB for what they scored after the INTs, we still lose by 7. On the first INT, we were in FG range, so make it a 17 pt swing, and we still lose.

I couldn't have said it better myself Adam. Well said.

Looking at the schedule ahead it's not THAT tough.

Carolina is not THAT good

Atlanta is tough at home, but winnable

Miami is certainly beatable

Tom Brady and the Pats look average at best

3-1 is certainly possible making us 5-3 going into the bye.

3-1 is definitely possible. All those teams are beatable, and I don't think any of them are as good as SF or GB. We had a bad game, it happens. We just need to regroup, get a little healthier and make some corrections on defense. I expect a rebound game next week against Carolina and a shootout in Atlanta. Miami is a win and NE will be dependent on which NE team shows up.

And that is highly disrespectful......

Isn't it nice to see your QB joking with Rodgers after the game.

It is not nice for me.

Nice perspective Adam...

I think had this happened against any other team, we'd be a little less doom-y. It's just so painful to see it happen over and over again with GB.

But, there are still 12 game to play.

Looking back at this game on NFL Rewind today. The offense actually played really well minus a few plays. There were a few dropped passes and TD's, Bennett was a beast, but he has to go into the end zone on that route at the end of the first half. For the onside kick, I think Washington ran into and kicked the ball (we had it). The phantom 1st down for Nelson was huge. The Bostic phantom defensive holding on the FG gave them 4 more pts. We left at least 11 pts or more on the field, and gave up at least those 4. That is a 15 pt swing, at least. That makes it a close game at that point. Ola had a great game and our OLine is going to be solid all year. Look at the score sheet and see if you can find Houston, not even a single damn tackle. Mundy has been solid. We really need Houston and Allen to step up with what they are getting paid.

With our inability to stop Rodgers even once, if you add 2 TDs to our score or subtract 2 TDs from GB for what they scored after the INTs, we still lose by 7. On the first INT, we were in FG range, so make it a 17 pt swing, and we still lose. The point is we were a few plays away from making it a game, but would've needed every play to go our way to win.

Cutler's INTs were inexcusable, but he did go 10 quarters without an INT and was 8 TDs to 0 INTs heading into that 3rd quarter (after Game 1). 15 QBs have 4 or more INTs on the season like Cutler, and Cutler is 4th in Attempts.