My 8 point plan to return to greatness...

madlithuanian

1. Fire the entire coaching staff. Replace with veteran coaches with some proven winning capabilities. Coordinators with SB winning experience. With passion. Make the head coach be a strong leader. No more prefessors. No more mild mannered DC's like Jauron or Smith. Arians would have been nice... Someone like that. So close...we are like Indiana Jones' retarted brother (no offense to the mentally challenged). We keep choosing the wrong chalice (unwisely).

2. Put Emery on the hot seat. He's drafted well enough besides the first year bungle of McCellin. But, he's shown a huge downside in chosing coaches. Done't get tricky. F this next hire up, and he gone.

3. Bring back the Honey Bears. Someone tell Virgie it's OK. Don't make them scantily clad. Just fit and engergetic. Is that so wrong? Can't we split the difference? The internet should suffice for viewing anything fans want scantily clad...

4. Draft a franchise QB in the next draft. Either round 1 or 2 or 3. Just a legit guy you can build around. Yeah, we need safety help. But acquire via FA or draft in any of the early rounds you are not drafting a QB. A guy on a good offense, one a college team that has won and won as a team. Not a one man show. Like Cutty in Vandy. Russell Wilson would have been lovely. Difficult to assess, but isn't that what these guys are paid to check out for us fans?

5. Tell the world the Jay and Marshall are available for trade as a tandem. Tell their agents to start looking. Because they are both sitting from here on out. Cutler and Marshall can both be back-ups, and only out of desperation. Yep, it'll be expensive, but at least our future QB draftee will be under the rookie cap while we pay through the nose for Jay for the next 2 years following this season. Marshall will be a cancer I fear with Jay on the hot seat, unless he doesn't care about Jay. Then you keep Marshall and hope he can perform. Still attempt to trade Jay.

6. Release Houston. The guy is a bonafide idiot and sucks. Let Briggs and Peanut walk. Love Peanut to death, but it's time to move one. Briggs can pound sand. We need to get young, tall and big.

7. Draft a freaking battering ram at RB or FB. We need one guy who can get 1 yard no matter what.

8. Draft more in the secondary and linebackers. Pick up what you can in FA. But most importantly, see item 1 where you get a DC that knows what the F he's doing.

There.

Fixed.

If not, prep for the next 2 years of mediocrity. Under this coaching staff and Jay, we'll be around 8-8. And if that's the case, please fans...stop attending games. Stop buying product. Stop lining the coffers of the McCaskeys. Spend your money on your kids. Your wives. Your relatives. Your friends. Charity. But not to these buffoons.

I'll still watch this as I appear to have masochistic tendencies...but my glass is no longer 1/2 full. It's completely dry. I need a new drink.

Do we need to wait another 30 years before we get it right again? Do we all have that kind of time? Heck, it could be longer!

Damn if this doesn't feel like deja vu all over again.

I needed to vent.

I am still not on number 7. Forte has a bad rep for getting tough yards, but the Bears never had a line to block in those situations before and just not being leaned on it now. They triend bringing in Marion Barber III and others for that before and they had the same or worse results than forte in those situations.

They really need to draft his replacement, he is getting up there in age with touches. He's not bad now but will be in the next couple years.

Giving up on a tough FB or Rb becasue of the experience w/ Marion Barber isn't the right way to view it. He was simply the wrong battering ram. And in all honesty, off all my points, this is one we could live without and still be successful. I just don't like what I see from Carey...

I am still not on number 7. Forte has a bad rep for getting tough yards, but the Bears never had a line to block in those situations before and just not being leaned on it now. They triend bringing in Marion Barber III and others for that before and they had the same or worse results than forte in those situations.

They really need to draft his replacement, he is getting up there in age with touches. He's not bad now but will be in the next couple years.

Toub for HC?

1. Fire the entire coaching staff. Replace with veteran coaches with some proven winning capabilities. Coordinators with SB winning experience. With passion. Make the head coach be a strong leader. No more prefessors. No more mild mannered DC's like Jauron or Smith. Arians would have been nice... Someone like that. So close...we are like Indiana Jones' retarted brother (no offense to the mentally challenged). We keep choosing the wrong chalice (unwisely).

2. Put Emery on the hot seat. He's drafted well enough besides the first year bungle of McCellin. But, he's shown a huge downside in chosing coaches. Done't get tricky. F this next hire up, and he gone.

3. Bring back the Honey Bears. Someone tell Virgie it's OK. Don't make them scantily clad. Just fit and engergetic. Is that so wrong? Can't we split the difference? The internet should suffice for viewing anything fans want scantily clad...

4. Draft a franchise QB in the next draft. Either round 1 or 2 or 3. Just a legit guy you can build around. Yeah, we need safety help. But acquire via FA or draft in any of the early rounds you are not drafting a QB. A guy on a good offense, one a college team that has won and won as a team. Not a one man show. Like Cutty in Vandy. Russell Wilson would have been lovely. Difficult to assess, but isn't that what these guys are paid to check out for us fans?

5. Tell the world the Jay and Marshall are available for trade as a tandem. Tell their agents to start looking. Because they are both sitting from here on out. Cutler and Marshall can both be back-ups, and only out of desperation. Yep, it'll be expensive, but at least our future QB draftee will be under the rookie cap while we pay through the nose for Jay for the next 2 years following this season. Marshall will be a cancer I fear with Jay on the hot seat, unless he doesn't care about Jay. Then you keep Marshall and hope he can perform. Still attempt to trade Jay.

6. Release Houston. The guy is a bonafide idiot and sucks. Let Briggs and Peanut walk. Love Peanut to death, but it's time to move one. Briggs can pound sand. We need to get young, tall and big.

7. Draft a freaking battering ram at RB or FB. We need one guy who can get 1 yard no matter what.

8. Draft more in the secondary and linebackers. Pick up what you can in FA. But most importantly, see item 1 where you get a DC that knows what the F he's doing.

There.

Fixed.

If not, prep for the next 2 years of mediocrity. Under this coaching staff and Jay, we'll be around 8-8. And if that's the case, please fans...stop attending games. Stop buying product. Stop lining the coffers of the McCaskeys. Spend your money on your kids. Your wives. Your relatives. Your friends. Charity. But not to these buffoons.

I'll still watch this as I appear to have masochistic tendencies...but my glass is no longer 1/2 full. It's completely dry. I need a new drink.

Do we need to wait another 30 years before we get it right again? Do we all have that kind of time? Heck, it could be longer!

I needed to vent.

Giving up on a tough FB or Rb becasue of the experience w/ Marion Barber isn't the right way to view it. He was simply the wrong battering ram. And in all honesty, off all my points, this is one we could live without and still be successful. I just don't like what I see from Carey...

I like Carey but he's not ever going to replace Forte, nor do I think he was drafted with the intention of being Forte's heir apparent. He is a good football player and I think he'll be a good, versatile, #2 RB. At this point he's right inline with what Carlos Hyde has done except his ypc is 4.6 vs. 3.4.

I would like to see this offensive roster stay in tact for one more season, but with a brand new coaching staff. (Top to bottom). Yes, the league has figured out Trestman's 'brainiac' offensive scheme and he has not figured out how to adjust. The NFL is a serious masterful game of chess. If you can't adjust on the fly, you will get destroyed. I have seen enough out of Trestman. Its the same old B.S. "We need to get better, we need to improve..." I agree with mad Lithuanian , we need a head coach who had some success at the NFL level. He doesn't necessarily need to be an offensive guru, but yet a guy who knows how to manage time outs, clock and field positioning. A guy who can delegate responsibilities to his OC and DC respectfully. A guy who can get in the ear of the referee after a blown call....

I really hope that SF drops the ball and Harbaugh parts ways with them. He would be an excellent fit here in Chicago. A guy the fans can relate to, a guy who has Chicago experience for better or worse. Emery... you are now on the hot seat. Don't mess this up!

My plan is similar to yours ML. It starts with hiring Harbaugh. If that means Emery brought him in, fine. If that means he is the GM, as much as i don't like the idea of a coach / GM, I am okay with that. The culture of this organization needs to change at the top. If Jim wants to keep Cutler, fine, in Jim I'll trust, but my preference would be to end this experiment (unless our offense ends up finishing up very strong and it turns out we need to focus on defense / special teams which in theory would be much more ideal cause it would leave us with a lot less dead cap space).

Right now though, Cutler & Marshall have to be gone as do our entire coaching staff. We have failed in all three phases and it isn't because of a lack of talent. That is why I debate keeping / cutting Emery. That said, when Emery went so far outside the establishment to hire his head coach, he too was taking a much bigger risk.

All this said, somehow we'll beat the Packers this week, haha. This is the worst I've felt about our franchise since the Wanny / Jauron era.

I'd have no problem w/ Harbaugh. But I just don't see that happening.

Emery to me is the question mark. He's had enough draft hits and good FA pickups to make me want to keep him. However, he's had some fails too. And his biggest fails seem to the hiring of Trestman and his staff & putting all his eggs in the Cutler basket. Although, if he was relying on Trestman...I don't blame him as much. But it just means more blame must be put on his choice of Trestman. If there is a true talent GM out there...I'd have no problem bouncing Emery.

As you said...he took a risk on Trestman. Usually when a risk fails, you are out.

Agreed on feeling the worst since Wanny/Jauron. Although Jauron had the makings of a great D. I think I'm done trusting the organization to make the right decision. I will forever now be completely weary. I wanted McCoy or Arians before Trestman. But I bought into the logic and hype. No longer. If it's a guy I didn't want, odds are it'll be a fail. Not that I'm a great judge of who will be successful. But I think as much as I've (and all of us for that matter) followed our horible years of ineptness...I think we know a lot about what not to do.

We have zero chance against GB. Even if McClellin KO's Rodgers again...their back-up will destroy our putrid D. And Cutler and crew will help them out with drops, penalties, taking themselves out of downs and turnovers. Until otherwise, I will always assume GB will will beat us from here on out.

I will continue to bleed navy & burst orange...I plan on checking into "masochists anonymous" soon. I wear the colors to simply honor the past. I will not wear any jersey of any current player until they deem themselves worthy. (I only own Marshall and Cutler...what the hell was I thinking...?)

My plan is similar to yours ML. It starts with hiring Harbaugh. If that means Emery brought him in, fine. If that means he is the GM, as much as i don't like the idea of a coach / GM, I am okay with that. The culture of this organization needs to change at the top. If Jim wants to keep Cutler, fine, in Jim I'll trust, but my preference would be to end this experiment (unless our offense ends up finishing up very strong and it turns out we need to focus on defense / special teams which in theory would be much more ideal cause it would leave us with a lot less dead cap space).

Right now though, Cutler & Marshall have to be gone as do our entire coaching staff. We have failed in all three phases and it isn't because of a lack of talent. That is why I debate keeping / cutting Emery. That said, when Emery went so far outside the establishment to hire his head coach, he too was taking a much bigger risk.

All this said, somehow we'll beat the Packers this week, haha. This is the worst I've felt about our franchise since the Wanny / Jauron era.

There.

Fixed.

I needed to vent.

Im very close to losing my shit with the Bears. I would hate to see the Bears change direction after two seasons. We could start looking like the Raiders, changing coaches every 1.5 year. Trying to keep a glass half full

I'd have no problem w/ Harbaugh. But I just don't see that happening.

Emery to me is the question mark. He's had enough draft hits and good FA pickups to make me want to keep him. However, he's had some fails too. And his biggest fails seem to the hiring of Trestman and his staff & putting all his eggs in the Cutler basket. Although, if he was relying on Trestman...I don't blame him as much. But it just means more blame must be put on his choice of Trestman. If there is a true talent GM out there...I'd have no problem bouncing Emery.

As you said...he took a risk on Trestman. Usually when a risk fails, you are out.

Agreed on feeling the worst since Wanny/Jauron. Although Jauron had the makings of a great D. I think I'm done trusting the organization to make the right decision. I will forever now be completely weary. I wanted McCoy or Arians before Trestman. But I bought into the logic and hype. No longer. If it's a guy I didn't want, odds are it'll be a fail. Not that I'm a great judge of who will be successful. But I think as much as I've (and all of us for that matter) followed our horible years of ineptness...I think we know a lot about what not to do.

We have zero chance against GB. Even if McClellin KO's Rodgers again...their back-up will destroy our putrid D. And Cutler and crew will help them out with drops, penalties, taking themselves out of downs and turnovers. Until otherwise, I will always assume GB will will beat us from here on out.

I will continue to bleed navy & burst orange...I plan on checking into "masochists anonymous" soon. I wear the colors to simply honor the past. I will not wear any jersey of any current player until they deem themselves worthy. (I only own Marshall and Cutler...what the hell was I thinking...?)

Let me ask you this. Are you happy with the results from Houston and Allen thus far? I for one am not and that was a lot of money spent on those two players in particular. Are you happy with the talent we have at the LB position? I am not. I will give him credit for the Fuller pick and it appears our dlinemen we drafted are improving but even if you look back to last years draft, you still are looking at a lot of players that aren't that great (outside of Long). That said, I think Bostic and Greene stink so for those that don't, they might think last years draft to be a bit better.

Let me ask you this. Are you happy with the results from Houston and Allen thus far? I for one am not and that was a lot of money spent on those two players in particular. Are you happy with the talent we have at the LB position? I am not. I will give him credit for the Fuller pick and it appears our dlinemen we drafted are improving but even if you look back to last years draft, you still are looking at a lot of players that aren't that great (outside of Long). That said, I think Bostic and Greene stink so for those that don't, they might think last years draft to be a bit better.

Jared Allen- getting sick put him back. Im not done hoping he turns it up.

Love the production out of Willie Young.

Houston- has been MIA this first half of the season, then he gets a sack and celebrates like an asshole and gets hurt.

If we get a new HC, which I'm kinda rooting for at this point, I'm hoping for Wade Phillips.

Keep Herring on board as he's a Phillips disciple so that makes landing him a bit easier.

Gimme a 3-4 D. SMC gets to be the player he should have been all along, Bostic is your coverage ILB, Jones/Sharpton both look like they can play the part of the run stuffing ILB, throw Willie Young opposite SMC.

Bring in a veteran FS (Sorry Vereen)

Snag another CB high in the draft to replace Peanut.

Grab a hoss like Danny Shelton in the draft to play NT.

Boom....I'm already ready to do mock draft lol

Not at all. Allen has made some plays...Houston virtually none. Not happy w/ LB's other than Sharpton.

But Willie Young looks to be a good pick up. Holmes should have been, but I think that's on the coordinators and Cutler.

Bostic and Green seem like ST or camp fodder now...

It's all about the Gambler...gotta know when to hold em, when to fold em. We had Smith for years. If we bounce Trestman after 2...that does not make a trend. They just need to make a good decision on the next.

Im very close to losing my shit with the Bears. I would hate to see the Bears change direction after two seasons. We could start looking like the Raiders, changing coaches every 1.5 year. Trying to keep a glass half full

I'm not a fan of Phillips except as a DC.

But, I'd take it I suppose. 3rd times the charm?

I'd love to see a 3-4. What we have now certainly isn't working.

If we get a new HC, which I'm kinda rooting for at this point, I'm hoping for Wade Phillips.

Keep Herring on board as he's a Phillips disciple so that makes landing him a bit easier.

Gimme a 3-4 D. SMC gets to be the player he should have been all along, Bostic is your coverage ILB, Jones/Sharpton both look like they can play the part of the run stuffing ILB, throw Willie Young opposite SMC.

at this point i am not in the column for firing trestman... not YET anyway. we have to give him some time to readjust. if by the end of this season we don't see some more creativity and drive and he still is looking like crowton, one season and done, then it's time to think about it.

i have to disagree on little bum as HC. as a DC i would be all-in on as i think he is a very good DC. as a head coach though he has a proven record of failure and i don't want to give him a shot here. his age would also be a negative for HC. some good coordinators never make good HC's - see buddy ryan, and i think phillips is another one.

if we could bring in phillips now and fire tucker mid-season, now, i would have absolutely no problem with it. if we wait until after the season is over, which i certainly would NOT, i would look at rex ryan if he gets canned in NY as DC along with phillips or possibly some other candidates.

as far has hard head coming to chicago if he gets fired in SF.... hell no. he has an awful lot of talent out there and there seems to be nothing but controversy and locker room problems. he reminds me of a ditka type coach, which ain't good in my opinion, at best.

Meh Phillips last 2 years as a HC were dreadful. 1-10, 9 games under .500 and yet he's still 21 games over .500 as a HC. So before his last 2 years he was 30 games over as a HC.

I really haven't looked too much into potential coaching candidates yet since I shouldn't have to but his name was the first that popped up.

Meh Phillips last 2 years as a HC were dreadful. 1-10, 9 games under .500 and yet he's still 21 games over .500 as a HC. So before his last 2 years he was 30 games over as a HC.

I really haven't looked too much into potential coaching candidates yet since I shouldn't have to but his name was the first that popped up.

he failed miserably in denver as HC. he went to buffalo and lasted only 2 seasons. was interim HC in atlanta and texas and was let go. was cowboys HC and let go (not surprising with a knumbskull owner). so i just stay away from him in that role.

one of his negatives is he seems to rarely last with any team longer than 2 years but i still give him the call as DC.

as far has hard head coming to chicago if he gets fired in SF.... hell no. he has an awful lot of talent out there and there seems to be nothing but controversy and locker room problems. he reminds me of a ditka type coach, which ain't good in my opinion, at best.

Since your opinion is shite I'd say you're wrong. Although I agree in not getting rid of Trestman just yet. He's not the one screwing up on O it's Cutler. But I suspect his days will be numbered should this losing streak continue.

Wade Phillips should never be considered for any conversation as a HC...anywhere.

The reason you probably don't like JH is because he's a hard ass. I sense you are of the sensitive nature so no wonder you don't like him. Especially since you think he's too much like Ditka; which in that context means you don't like strict discipline coaches. But how do you explain the winning records in both instances (minus Ditkas tenure in NO)?

Harbaugh would be just about perfect for Chicago. Strict, winning record (Stanford and SF) and is familiar with Chicago since he's played there before. Seems almost too perfect . And with him they should either keep Herring as DC or Bryan Cox for Atlanta. Another hard line coach.

Since your opinion is shite I'd say you're wrong. Although I agree in not getting rid of Trestman just yet. He's not the one screwing up on O it's Cutler. But I suspect his days will be numbered should this losing streak continue.

Wade Phillips should never be considered for any conversation as a HC...anywhere.

The reason you probably don't like JH is because he's a hard ass. I sense you are of the sensitive nature so no wonder you don't like him. Especially since you think he's too much like Ditka; which in that context means you don't like strict discipline coaches. But how do you explain the winning records in both instances (minus Ditkas tenure in NO)?

Harbaugh would be just about perfect for Chicago. Strict, winning record (Stanford and SF) and is familiar with Chicago since he's played there before. Seems almost too perfect . And with him they should either keep Herring as DC or Bryan Cox for Atlanta. Another hard line coach.

Couple of things:

1. Firing Trestman would mean Emery has to admit he was the wrong signing

2. Cutting or trading Cutler would mean Emery has to admit he was wrong extending him to this contract

3. If you fire Trestman and keep Cutler due to the contract are there any coaches that want to come here to coach Cutler for 2 more years?

4. If Emery were to cut ties with both, shouldn't the Bears cut ties with Emery for making those deals?

5. I don't see anyway the Bears can move on from Jay Cutler due to his contract, we have him for 2 more years

6. Maybe someone would come here to coach the Bears on a 5year deal knowing that they can draft their guy and try to win with Cutler for 2 years while they groom their guy

I think Harbaugh would be a good hire. But that is based off his record in San Fran. He does have some studs on that team when they are not proclaiming to have bombs at airports..... God what was Aldon Smith thinking. Who knows if there is any problems in that locker room

There is a lot of smoke coming out of San Fran...and when there is smoke there is usually a fire somewhere....

I personally hope Trestman gets this team out of this funk and finishes strong. I think playing in the same scheme on the offensive side of the ball is very important. The D and Special Teams Cord have to go tho.

I have never wanted the Kick off Return man to just stay in the end zone every time they have a kick off before. Carolina and NE both had huge Punt Returns.

For those that talk about the smoke with Harbaugh. People don't like them, thats okay. He isn't a bad person and he expects a lot of out his players and a professional attitude and his teams have performed very well. He took a horrible team and since he came in they have done nothing but win. We could only be so lucky.

In fact, I'll go as far as compare him to Belliceck with the exception that the Niners ownership is more meddling then Kraft is with Belli. A lot of people don't necessarily like playing for Belliceck but you either buy into the Patriot way or you are out. The results speak for themselves.

By the way, Chitown, great post. The first 4 points are just spot on, especially #4. Emery can not be absolved for these failures. He is just as much a part of them as Trestman. I also agree with you the best thing for this franchise is the offense gets rolling and kicks ass and the defense / st stink. It means we still have a QB that is semi worth the money and can really focus an off-season on bringing in a new DC and continuing to rebuild the defense vs. having to rebuild everything while being saddled with some horrendous cap blows (such as the Cutler contract).

1. Yes. He's taken blame before.

2. Agreed.

3. Yes. However you agree to sit Cutler and just eat the salary as you groom the rookie.

4. They probably should...I just make a slim case for keeping him. Jeffery, Fuller, Young... There's certainly a case that he's in over his head with bad picks. Ego and Wil have done very little this season. As has Houston and Allen.

5. Cliff Stein can work wonders...but it'll hurt FA for 2 years. But isn't that better than just sucking as we have been?

6. I think the easy solution is to say you have Jay this year and we draft a future QB. Let the kid sit, and play Jay this year. Then swap roles in year 2. You'd have an expensive back-up, but didn't the Seahawks basically do that with Flynn and Wilson?

I'm honestly not a fan of Harbaugh, but I'd take him in a minute.

Couple of things:

1. Firing Trestman would mean Emery has to admit he was the wrong signing

2. Cutting or trading Cutler would mean Emery has to admit he was wrong extending him to this contract

3. If you fire Trestman and keep Cutler due to the contract are there any coaches that want to come here to coach Cutler for 2 more years?

4. If Emery were to cut ties with both, shouldn't the Bears cut ties with Emery for making those deals?

5. I don't see anyway the Bears can move on from Jay Cutler due to his contract, we have him for 2 more years

6. Maybe someone would come here to coach the Bears on a 5year deal knowing that they can draft their guy and try to win with Cutler for 2 years while they groom their guy

I think Harbaugh would be a good hire. But that is based off his record in San Fran. He does have some studs on that team when they are not proclaiming to have bombs at airports..... God what was Aldon Smith thinking. Who knows if there is any problems in that locker room

There is a lot of smoke coming out of San Fran...and when there is smoke there is usually a fire somewhere....

I personally hope Trestman gets this team out of this funk and finishes strong. I think playing in the same scheme on the offensive side of the ball is very important. The D and Special Teams Cord have to go tho.

I have never wanted the Kick off Return man to just stay in the end zone every time they have a kick off before. Carolina and NE both had huge Punt Returns.

hahahahaha

thanks for reaffirming my previous post to you.