Dudes...

CrackerDog

I love the Bears. Been a fan for most of my 50 years on this planet. Seen it all, basically. Went through worse periods than this for sure. Times when we only had one player worth watching. And I will say I've never seen an offense on the Bears like this one. Capable of great things.

But I'm also incredibly disappointed. I never thought this team was a sure thing. I never thought they were destined for the Superbowl. But to have a team that consistently disappoints, losing to teams they should beat, getting blown out in games they should be competitive in; blowing big leads... it gets to you.

The one thing you could count on with Lovie, Ditka and maybe even Wanny... They were going to slow the game down to a pace where it might be boring as hell to watch but they'd find a way to stay in it. Sure, they all made mistakes but Trestman seems not to be ready for this job. It's a short time to judge him on but I'm damn close to saying he's a bust. Emery maybe should've hired him as OC, I just don't see him having the leadership skills to be "THE GUY". I hope I'm proven wrong.

Cutler isn't the only reason this team sucks. He's a tool. I dislike him. I'm starting to think some on the team may feel the same way. Depends on who you want to believe, I suppose.

Anyway, I'm not going to get depressed about this. Won't let a football team make or break my day on Sunday anymore. There were times when I was a younger man a Bears loss would bum me out all damn week. I've got bigger and better things to keep busy...

But this sucks. This really sucks.

I love the Bears. Been a fan for most of my 50 years on this planet. Seen it all, basically. Went through worse periods than this for sure. Times when we only had one player worth watching. And I will say I've never seen an offense on the Bears like this one. Capable of great things.

But I'm also incredibly disappointed. I never thought this team was a sure thing. I never thought they were destined for the Superbowl. But to have a team that consistently disappoints, losing to teams they should beat, getting blown out in games they should be competitive in; blowing big leads... it gets to you.

The one thing you could count on with Lovie, Ditka and maybe even Wanny... They were going to slow the game down to a pace where it might be boring as hell to watch but they'd find a way to stay in it. Sure, they all made mistakes but Trestman seems not to be ready for this job. It's a short time to judge him on but I'm damn close to saying he's a bust. Emery maybe should've hired him as OC, I just don't see him having the leadership skills to be "THE GUY". I hope I'm proven wrong.

Cutler isn't the only reason this team sucks. He's a tool. I dislike him. I'm starting to think some on the team may feel the same way. Depends on who you want to believe, I suppose.

Anyway, I'm not going to get depressed about this. Won't let a football team make or break my day on Sunday anymore. There were times when I was a younger man a Bears loss would bum me out all damn week. I've got bigger and better things to keep busy...

Completely agree with this post and your thoughts on Trestman. He appears to be so far in over his head. It also appears that Emery is as well.

Man, you sum my feelings up exactly, just substitute fifty one for fifty and that is pretty much how I feel.

This sucks......

Oh well....what can you do?

C-Dog, it appears your assessment I think mirrors many of the poster here. Maybe to lesser or greater extents...

I truly believed that the offensive firepower would have been what kept us in games. For numerous reasons, it's not.

We are probably stuck with Cutler. More than likely, we're probably stuck with Trestman one more year. Odds are DiCamilis and Tucker will be gone. I would imagine, McCaskey will give both Trestman and Emery one more year. Then we'd only have one real year left on Cutler's deal...and could possibly take the hit or make the trade if next year is as abysmal (or similar enough) at this one's been to date.

I'm just seeing too many issues with Trestman form his mistakes knowing the rules, bad play calling, letting his players run the asylum, etc... It's possible he rights the ship...but there's just no evidence to make me think it'll happen.

Could a coaching change happen in full? Yes. If they continue to look this bad. Yes. But they'll probably finish out just bad enough and good enough to make management think Trestman gets one more year.

I'm not really depressed about this season. I'm in fear of being depressed that we could be like this for the next 5 years. I really only love Sundays because the Bears play. I love football, but I'm only passionate about the Bears. If there's nothing to watch for, then that makes Sundays less important and fun. Even in the thin years, there were guys to watch and follow. We have some. Forte, Jeffery, Bennett, Young...potentially Fuller. Those guys are why I'll keep watching. To just see some good plays and see guys play with heart. My expectations are that we'll lose every game. But I'd like to see those guys contribute to a win here and there and maybe spoil a parade or 2.

Bears losses never impact me emotionally for more than that day if only for the next hour afterwards.

We are fans. We watch and follow really no matter what. We get happy, sad, angry, aloof, etc. All the emotions that come with following sports. Youa re either into your team or not. When we do bad, it sucks and it pains us. It gives us cause for concern.

And between our families, friends and this board...we're able to vent with fellow fans.

All is not well. But, we could be the Lions...

Well played sir. As I sit here in the setting sun of Florida I raise my glass to you. Heading on my way to Chicago tomorrow to visit some family and buy some Bears gear...hopefully at a reduced rate.

C-Dog, it appears your assessment I think mirrors many of the poster here. Maybe to lesser or greater extents...

I truly believed that the offensive firepower would have been what kept us in games. For numerous reasons, it's not.

We are probably stuck with Cutler. More than likely, we're probably stuck with Trestman one more year. Odds are DiCamilis and Tucker will be gone. I would imagine, McCaskey will give both Trestman and Emery one more year. Then we'd only have one real year left on Cutler's deal...and could possibly take the hit or make the trade if next year is as abysmal (or similar enough) at this one's been to date.

I'm just seeing too many issues with Trestman form his mistakes knowing the rules, bad play calling, letting his players run the asylum, etc... It's possible he rights the ship...but there's just no evidence to make me think it'll happen.

Could a coaching change happen in full? Yes. If they continue to look this bad. Yes. But they'll probably finish out just bad enough and good enough to make management think Trestman gets one more year.

I'm not really depressed about this season. I'm in fear of being depressed that we could be like this for the next 5 years. I really only love Sundays because the Bears play. I love football, but I'm only passionate about the Bears. If there's nothing to watch for, then that makes Sundays less important and fun. Even in the thin years, there were guys to watch and follow. We have some. Forte, Jeffery, Bennett, Young...potentially Fuller. Those guys are why I'll keep watching. To just see some good plays and see guys play with heart. My expectations are that we'll lose every game. But I'd like to see those guys contribute to a win here and there and maybe spoil a parade or 2.

Bears losses never impact me emotionally for more than that day if only for the next hour afterwards.

We are fans. We watch and follow really no matter what. We get happy, sad, angry, aloof, etc. All the emotions that come with following sports. Youa re either into your team or not. When we do bad, it sucks and it pains us. It gives us cause for concern.

And between our families, friends and this board...we're able to vent with fellow fans.

All is not well. But, we could be the Lions...

We must soldier on. Cheers. :drink

Well played sir. As I sit here in the setting sun of Florida I raise my glass to you. Heading on my way to Chicago tomorrow to visit some family and buy some Bears gear...hopefully at a reduced rate.

As I sit here in the UK...dreaming of 85 and hoping we see better days, I raise a beer...Carlsberg Export.

We all bleed blue and orange...we are used to waiting for better days.

Without a doubt C-Dog you are pretty spot on. I just listened to an interview of Rodney Harrison by David Kaplan of CSN and David Haugh of the Tribune. One thing that Harrison stated is that the team did not look prepared and seemed lost. It just saddens me that the most storied franchise in the NFL is being run so poorly still to this day. How do some of these other teams continue to compete year in and year out? The McCaskey family continues to be accepting of the status quo. The Bears in my opinion are fortunate to be 3-5 at this point. The three wins just shows that the Bears did not make as many mistakes as the 49ers, Falcons and Jets during those match ups. Like most everyone here, I am in this for the long haul as this is truthfully the only team worth while in the NFL. The team for some reason does not want to understand or fight for that distinction which makes it harder to cheer on mediocrity or worse. Emery and Trestman should be on the unemployment line at this point however, the family won't agree to it and like others have stated, we're stuck with Trestman and company plus Cutler for at minimum one more year.

This entire year has been a hot mess.

To me, this year was supposed to be different. We had all the offensive excuses out of the way, 2nd year in same system, solid O-Line with continuity, QB Guru, etc. On defense, we were historically bad last year but picked up several FA's and drafted defense early and often. On paper, we were going to improve. Most said by a couple of games, and I even seen us as a sleeper pick in the NFC (boy were they wrong).

Everything pointed up. Then we lost to Buffalo, at home, against EJ freakin Manuel. We couldn't stop the run and got shredded because our LB's couldn't stay in their gaps. Then they got us again, they make a miraculous comeback in SF and then win at NY. We were ready for GB, then we played the game. We got embarrassed. Then we go to Carolina and give them a game, and then rebound with a solid game in Atlanta. Now we are coming home and can't possibly lose 3 in a row in Chicago, and we lose Ryan "Marino" Tannehill. So we all get optimistic about NE, and we allow a record amount of points in a half in team history.

Under Trestman, we are now 11-13 and have a -75 in points differential. We have arguably the best set of skill players (RB, TE, WR, WR) in the game and we have scored 28 once.

Now all I care about is beating GB.

This entire year has been a hot mess.

To me, this year was supposed to be different. We had all the offensive excuses out of the way, 2nd year in same system, solid O-Line with continuity, QB Guru, etc. On defense, we were historically bad last year but picked up several FA's and drafted defense early and often. On paper, we were going to improve. Most said by a couple of games, and I even seen us as a sleeper pick in the NFC (boy were they wrong).

Everything pointed up. Then we lost to Buffalo, at home, against EJ freakin Manuel. We couldn't stop the run and got shredded because our LB's couldn't stay in their gaps. Then they got us again, they make a miraculous comeback in SF and then win at NY. We were ready for GB, then we played the game. We got embarrassed. Then we go to Carolina and give them a game, and then rebound with a solid game in Atlanta. Now we are coming home and can't possibly lose 3 in a row in Chicago, and we lose Ryan "Marino" Tannehill. So we all get optimistic about NE, and we allow a record amount of points in a half in team history.

Under Trestman, we are now 11-13 and have a -75 in points differential. We have arguably the best set of skill players (RB, TE, WR, WR) in the game and we have scored 28 once.

I agree with you. It's been frustrating to watch our offense. We've had more injuries to fight through than last year yet despite those we were managing to win those games. Now with guys healthy the offense is stagnant. Hard to explain, and yes, no excuses.

The defense was always going to be a work in progress with a new LB corps that has had a lot of injuries down to, at one point, relying on a guy who was on the roster for just 3 weeks. We lost Tillman, and FS has been nothing but a merry-go-round. Of course I expected to see a better effort than what we saw against NE but the D has kept us in most games this year. While last week wasn't enjoyable I can live with letting the young guys learn and grow from that knowing there are going to be some big bumps in the road. Our D was never going to advance to the next level with Tillman, Briggs, and DJ Williams. At best those guys can help us bridge the gap but at the end of the day the young guys, SMC, Bostic, Jones, Sutton, Ferguson, Fuller, and Vereen need game experience.

Agreed on the youth movement. There's no reason not to but the young guys in and give them a test. The problem is that their teacher sucks... Tucker is awful.

I agree with you. It's been frustrating to watch our offense. We've had more injuries to fight through than last year yet despite those we were managing to win those games. Now with guys healthy the offense is stagnant. Hard to explain, and yes, no excuses.

The defense was always going to be a work in progress with a new LB corps that has had a lot of injuries down to, at one point, relying on a guy who was on the roster for just 3 weeks. We lost Tillman, and FS has been nothing but a merry-go-round. Of course I expected to see a better effort than what we saw against NE but the D has kept us in most games this year. While last week wasn't enjoyable I can live with letting the young guys learn and grow from that knowing there are going to be some big bumps in the road. Our D was never going to advance to the next level with Tillman, Briggs, and DJ Williams. At best those guys can help us bridge the gap but at the end of the day the young guys, SMC, Bostic, Jones, Sutton, Ferguson, Fuller, and Vereen need game experience.

I think the key to 2014 season Act II will be how the team comes out for the next game against GB. If they look prepared and either win or play a close game then things could look up for the remainder of the season. Sometimes a break can do wonders. Other times it can prolong the inevitable. I'm a believer in 'anything can happen'. I would be immensely proud if they were to come out and play a fantastic game at Lambeau then continue on with a winning season before the curtain call.

I think the key to 2014 season Act II will be how the team comes out for the next game against GB. If they look prepared and either win or play a close game then things could look up for the remainder of the season. Sometimes a break can do wonders. Other times it can prolong the inevitable. I'm a believer in 'anything can happen'. I would be immensely proud if they were to come out and play a fantastic game at Lambeau then continue on with a winning season before the curtain call.

I'll be happy if they break some of Rodger's bones. Don't care which ones.

Dude will always have my admiration for that one play. Always...

And with Rodgers missing half the season, the Bears still lost the division to them. Kind of sad to think the Bears will never get past Rodgers and Green Bay. The day we knock out Green Bay in a big game is the day I'm going streaking to the quad and into the gymnasium. Unfortunately, that fun will have to be put on hold for a while as our team sucks, the coaching staff sucks and the offense is nothing but underachievers.