And more indicators of Trestman not getting it

DABEARSDABOMB

Talks about how Briggs talked about how he just looks at the clock during meetings to see when it will finally end, etc. Also goes on to talk about how Trestman just doesn't understand discipline and is just so blaze regarding how to send messages to players and the lockeroom, etc. Bottom line, it demonstrates his overall lack of leadership in the sense of what it takes to lead a football team as the head coach.

Basically, it says Briggs is a d*ck.

Talks about how Briggs talked about how he just looks at the clock during meetings to see when it will finally end, etc. Also goes on to talk about how Trestman just doesn't understand discipline and is just so blaze regarding how to send messages to players and the lockeroom, etc. Bottom line, it demonstrates his overall lack of leadership in the sense of what it takes to lead a football team as the head coach.

Shocker. Anyone feel like Jay Cutler when Briggs said this will be his last year with Chicago?

Number6DontCare400w_large.jpg

Lance was a terrific player in his prime. That is long gone. If the season tanks any further, I would much rather see the younger guys play. I would even say you could cut his arse.

Peace :dabears

I can't read that article but I have read Brigg's quotes about this being his last year with Chicago and how much better Lovie was as a leader. Exactly because Lovie would not have given Lance the day off from practice to open his new restaurant. This is what happens when a man lives in his past. The only time we should do that is when we are retired. I can go on and on about Brigg's but he's not worth it. That doesn't mean I don't appreciate all the good things he's done as a Bear. I do. I also don't forget all he's done as a Bear. He's a starter now solely because of his experience. He's a backup next year and with nearly zero leadership ability and constant backtalk about the current coaches why would anyone keep him around?

I'll go with what Bruce Arians said when he took over here in AZ. Everyone is gone. Don't even care if they are good coaches. I'm the new sheriff here and if you don't like what's going on walk into my office, all of your old friends are gone. He was talking about coaches and while I don't necessarily agree with that stance (consider Dick LeBeau) I understand his intentions. I think his point is still valid with regards to some veteran players who are hung up on what used to be 3, 4, or 5 years ago. Rebuilding a team is 3-5 year process. At the beginning Briggs knew he wasn't part of that vision.

Great take...

I can't read that article but I have read Brigg's quotes about this being his last year with Chicago and how much better Lovie was as a leader. Exactly because Lovie would not have given Lance the day off from practice to open his new restaurant. This is what happens when a man lives in his past. The only time we should do that is when we are retired. I can go on and on about Brigg's but he's not worth it. That doesn't mean I don't appreciate all the good things he's done as a Bear. I do. I also don't forget all he's done as a Bear. He's a starter now solely because of his experience. He's a backup next year and with nearly zero leadership ability and constant backtalk about the current coaches why would anyone keep him around?

I'll go with what Bruce Arians said when he took over here in AZ. Everyone is gone. Don't even care if they are good coaches. I'm the new sheriff here and if you don't like what's going on walk into my office, all of your old friends are gone. He was talking about coaches and while I don't necessarily agree with that stance (consider Dick LeBeau) I understand his intentions. I think his point is still valid with regards to some veteran players who are hung up on what used to be 3, 4, or 5 years ago. Rebuilding a team is 3-5 year process. At the beginning Briggs knew he wasn't part of that vision.

I was just going to post something similar.

Sounds like a player that is butthurt Lovie is gone and Url didn't get his last year...... Briggs sounds salty.... and it shows by everything he has done, taking the day off to open a BBQ stand, coming into camp out of shape, fat and slow.

Sad way to end his career with the Bears, he was great for so long and to let it end this way sucks.

All of this can go away, start winning games. Don't resign Briggs.