Trade Cutler?

Alaskan Grizzly

Sure cutler has his faults and I am very disappointed in his play at times but until chicago can draft and develop their own home grown perennial all pro QB I think is stupid to keep bashing cutler.

They never seem to be in position to draft a QB, they haven't been able to draft or groom any key positional positions like DE, OLT, or QB. Those are positions that make franchises and we have had to spend or trade premium prices for. Having a awful year might be a blessing, but im sure we would waste it on a player we would try to convert from a S to a DE.

They never seem to be in position to draft a QB, they haven't been able to draft or groom any key positional positions like DE, OLT, or QB. Those are positions that make franchises and we have had to spend or trade premium prices for. Having a awful year might be a blessing, but im sure we would waste it on a player we would try to convert from a S to a DE.

[/quote

I don't beleive the Bears are never in a good position to draft a QB as they could have drafted Aaron Rodgers when Green Bay took him at number 22 a few years ago.

Thus, the true problem all along has been the folks running the organization and not having the right gm and coaching staff in place to put this organization in its proper place.

Since they beat the Vikings I'm now hoping they run the table because I sure hate losing but if they lose one more game they should start all the youngsters and backups to develop them for next season.

Trading Cutler doesn't bother me except for the fact who is going to replace him? It's not going to be a FA QB that comes in and saves the day because those guys just aren't available in FA. In theory we can trade Cutler away and then move up in the draft to grab someone. Who are folks asking for? The other possible option would be trading for some teams young backup QB. This is how GB got Favre, SF found Steve Young, Seattle found Hasselback. Then again those deals can turn into a Charlie Whitehurst deal like Seattle did years ago.

I can understand the notion this guy isn't as good as what we need but the idea is to make a deal so the team gets better, not just making a deal so we can say good riddance. Don't make some deal and then have me stuck watching the next Henry Burris at QB. I'll take Jay and his 1-2 INTs per game over that any day.

Trading Cutler doesn't bother me except for the fact who is going to replace him? It's not going to be a FA QB that comes in and saves the day because those guys just aren't available in FA. In theory we can trade Cutler away and then move up in the draft to grab someone. Who are folks asking for? The other possible option would be trading for some teams young backup QB. This is how GB got Favre, SF found Steve Young, Seattle found Hasselback. Then again those deals can turn into a Charlie Whitehurst deal like Seattle did years ago.

I can understand the notion this guy isn't as good as what we need but the idea is to make a deal so the team gets better, not just making a deal so we can say good riddance. Don't make some deal and then have me stuck watching the next Henry Burris at QB. I'll take Jay and his 1-2 INTs per game over that any day.

I don't think the options can be "do nothing" and "make sure the other option is better". The options are "do nothing" and "give yourself a chance to be better". There is no way to predict the future, but if we don't try, then you can expect more of the same over the last couple of years. Sure Cutler is better than the platoon of QBs we have run out over the years, but the question is he good enough to win some tight games and give us a chance to win in the regular season and playoffs. We are paying him a lot and he has under-performed for the money. We could get similar output for a fraction of the cost and use the money to address other glaring needs. Who knows, his contract may have prevented us from landing TJ Ward or J. Byrd.

I sort of like how Seattle did it, they drafted a QB AND picked up one in free agency. Eventually one will stick. I think we are still a year away from trading Cutler, because his stats are at least decent even though a lot has come in garbage time.

The rest of the NFL has seen what he have seen so far. I doubt anyone would trade for Cutler. If they would it goes to show how hard it is to find a top 10 type of QB. His stats are top ten for the most part, its just the 1 or two bad throws that we are still seeing.

Even this weeks game, the end of the half INT, it was dog shit. I cant remember the 2nd one but the 1st one BM was double covered, a guy underneath and over the top. He should not have thrown that one. If you are going to make that throw it should have been more towards the sideline and higher where only BM could have caught it.

It just goes to show you what winning does, with those 3 TD's and 2 int's the headlines on espn read Cutlers 3 TD's lead the Bears to victory. Had the Vikings turned those INT's into Points they prolly would have won.

If the Bears lost the headlines would have read, Cutler throws 2 ints and the Bears lose.

INT's are going to happen, Cutler just throws too many!!!!!!