Ryan pace new gm

Chitownhustla

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is my question, did Ballard want to change too much up or too much control? It was stated that Ballard wouldn't take a job unless he got everything he wanted.

Did Pace agree with less change????

Impossible to speculate, but I'm guessing reports of Ballard were just people grasping straws trying to make a connection. I never saw anything of signifigince saying Ballard was a lock at all.

abc_the_wonder_years_kb_140529_16x9_992.Pace was formerly on the wonder years

Well they didn't go with a guy that came up through their ranks, he comes from a franchise that is always in playoff hunt, ever since Drew Breese and Sean Payton came to town.

New Orleans has been on a good run as of late. The biggest black eye on the NO saints would be the bounty gate.

They never draft at the beginning of the draft due to winning all the time.

Here is my question, did Ballard want to change too much up or too much control? It was stated that Ballard wouldn't take a job unless he got everything he wanted.

Did Pace agree with less change????

No way to tell. I think the rumor someone posted in the other thread obviously proved out. He killed the interview and won them over.

Well they didn't go with a guy that came up through their ranks, he comes from a franchise that is always in playoff hunt, ever since Drew Breese and Sean Payton came to town.

New Orleans has been on a good run as of late. The biggest black eye on the NO saints would be the bounty gate.

They never draft at the beginning of the draft due to winning all the time.

Just so its clear, he wasn't actually in the wonder years. From what I gathered he started in the org just 2 years after playing college ball (DE) at eastern Illinois, and worked his way up for 14 years. So yes, he has came up through the ranks.

Edit, just saw your last post, carry on.

Just so its clear, he wasn't actually in the wonder years. From what I gathered he started in the org just 2 years after playing college ball (DE) at eastern Illinois, and worked his way up for 14 years. So yes, he has came up through the ranks.

Edit, just saw your last post, carry on.

I'm referring to Ballard coming up in the Bears ranks

Something doesn't sit well with me on this guy. Smells too reminiscent of Emery. Guess we'll see.

Maybe he'll keep DLP and Bushrod which will help in keeping OL intact.

In theory, last year he almost essentially was the GM. Don't know if that is good or bad. Saints got a lot of off-season pub for their moves but on the field performance wasn't good. What worries me is his lack of scouting background. He really has been focused on pro scouting for the bulk of his career. I really don't like that. Prove me wrong Pace.

In theory, last year he almost essentially was the GM. Don't know if that is good or bad. Saints got a lot of off-season pub for their moves but on the field performance wasn't good. What worries me is his lack of scouting background. He really has been focused on pro scouting for the bulk of his career. I really don't like that. Prove me wrong Pace.

Given the Bears recent "luck" with selecting free agents, I'm not surprised at all that they went with a Pro Personnel guy.

Given the Bears recent "luck" with selecting free agents, I'm not surprised at all that they went with a Pro Personnel guy.

Look at the Saints off-season last year. They, along with the Bears (and Broncos) were the winners of the off-season. How do those moves (similar to the Bears moves) look now? Look at the Saints cap situation (hint: Its awful). I see a lot of red flags. Sure, you interviewed amazing, but what is your track record, your skill-set, etc. Again, I'll trust Ernie but there are some things about Pace that I'm not a fan of. There are other things I like and clearly some strong football people in New Orleans thought the world of him (numerous promotions and a lot of credit and strong recommendations).

Look at the Saints off-season last year. They, along with the Bears (and Broncos) were the winners of the off-season. How do those moves (similar to the Bears moves) look now? Look at the Saints cap situation (hint: Its awful). I see a lot of red flags. Sure, you interviewed amazing, but what is your track record, your skill-set, etc. Again, I'll trust Ernie but there are some things about Pace that I'm not a fan of. There are other things I like and clearly some strong football people in New Orleans thought the world of him (numerous promotions and a lot of credit and strong recommendations).

I heard Ernie wasn't at the interviews, is this true?

Some reaction:

@JayGlazer: Ryan Pace is a fantastic hire by the Bears. He's been ready for years but always wanted to wait for his dream spot. Great move

@Hub_Arkush: Ryan Pace & Chris Ballard very similar candidates but McCaskey got it right! Pace no past ties to Bears. Shanahan?

Jason La Canfora:

Have heard nothing but positive things for quite a while about new Bears GM Ryan Pace. Bright young executive

@JeffDuncan (New Orleans Beat Reporter)_: Ryan Pace is a major loss for the #Saints organization, the most talented young talent evaluator in the building. Great hire by Bears.

@DavidHaugh: Look around Chicago. Theo. Jed Hoyer. Stan Bowman...George McCaskey saw other bright, young GMs succeeding. Word is, George was blown away.

Interesting ‪#‎Bears‬ situation today. acc. to sources, Todd Bowles was waiting and waiting in the Halas Hall lobby for his interview for HC job, turns out team was busy hiring Ryan Pace as GM. Then brought Bowles in for his HC interview with Pace as the new GM.

@dan_bernstein: #Bears source: Team really liked Ballard, but wanted to break from the past, and Pace better articulated big picture, multi-year plan.