Ryan pace new gm

Chitownhustla

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How long did it take you to form this opinion of Emery?

http://www.talkbears.com/forums/index.php?...41&hl=Emery

Emery's biggest fault was his coaching choices and not leading when this team needed it. I will not hold judgement on his players he drafted or signed until we have competent coaching run the course.

Since we are going back in time, here is the thread from when Emery was hired. Maybe it is a good thing. I am complaining about this move but generally liked the Emery move at the time, haha. In theory the concerns I had about Emery are the exact opposite of the concerns I have about Pace.

http://www.talkbears.com/forums/index.php?...aded&start=

My Expert Commentary (LOL): I really think this is a good hire. Emery is very good at identifying talent. It will be interesting to see how he does from a pro personell perspective and how he ultimately manages the roster but as a pure talent evaluator, he's proven himself to have a strong eye for talent.

Of course if I were to pat myself on the back, it would be that the pro personnel moves are what really got him in trouble (along with the coaching decision).

Since we are going back in time, here is the thread from when Emery was hired. Maybe it is a good thing. I am complaining about this move but generally liked the Emery move at the time, haha. In theory the concerns I had about Emery are the exact opposite of the concerns I have about Pace.

http://www.talkbears.com/forums/index.php?...aded&start=

Of course if I were to pat myself on the back, it would be that the pro personnel moves are what really got him in trouble (along with the coaching decision).

I just remember initially not having a good feeling about Emery (whether it was his age or connection to the Bears), but this is what I initially had to say, when speaking about the GM candidates, lol:

The KC one is questionable.

just for the record...when someone pulls this thread from the archives 5 years from now...i am going on record to say i am 100% neutral about the hiring of Pace :)

Nice one. I really didn't know a lot about him, but the more I read on him, the more I like. I will go on record and say that I approve of this hire.