Let's play a game

jason

The Bears trade Cutler, Forte, and Marshall for a 1, 2, and 3. They trade back for a 1 and 2.

1st-mid round and late round

2nd-Bears original, mid round, late round

3rd-Bears original, early round

What's your mock?

1. Vic Beasley, OLB, Clemson -Kill the QB

1. Hau'oli Kakaha, OLB, Washington -Kill the QB

2. Dorial Beckham-Green, WR, OKlahoma - Marshall replacement

2. TJ Yeldon, RB, Alabama - Challenges for the starting role, insurance, could explode as a rookie

2. Jordan Phillips, NT, Oklahoma - Monster in the middle

3. Hronis Grassu, C, Oregon - Bam! Starts by the end of the year.

3. Derron Smith, FS, Fresno St - I would be shocked if he didn't start immediately

4. Jake Ryan, ILB, Michigan - Feels like too many LBs, but who on the roster is worth a damn? Dude is a gamer.

5. Bryce Petty, QB, Baylor - I know. I know. Rolling the dice.

6. Trenton Brown, ROT, Florida - Huge dude. Challenges Mills at the least.

7. Deshazor Everett, CB, TX A&M - I like him, makes big plays.

Got my approximate positioning from drafttek.

Go for it!

My question to you is where do they spend the 52M they'd have in cap space? I think team have to pay a penalty if they don't use 95% of their cap or something like that. Teams do do it (10 teams last year) but for whatever reason I can't see the Bears doing it.

There's a lot of attractive free agents available. Jeffery is on the last year of his deal and Long has outplayed his. They could be offered front loaded contracts to eat up space, and free up space for later years.

My question to you is where do they spend the 52M they'd have in cap space? I think team have to pay a penalty if they don't use 95% of their cap or something like that. Teams do do it (10 teams last year) but for whatever reason I can't see the Bears doing it.

We also bring in a ton of free agents to use up the cap space with upgrades all around:

David Harris, ILB

Pernell McPhee, OLB

Brandon Flowers, CB

Chris Culliver, CB

Rahim Moore, S

Eddie Royal, WR

Mark Ingram, RB

Mike Iupati, G

btw, I wouldn't change a pick on Jason's draft, that would be ridiculous.

The Bears trade Cutler, Forte, and Marshall for a 1, 2, and 3. They trade back for a 1 and 2.

What's your mock?

2. TJ Yeldon, RB, Alabama - Challenges for the starting role, insurance, could explode as a rookie

3. Derron Smith, FS, Fresno St - I would be shocked if he didn't start immediately

4. Jake Ryan, ILB, Michigan - Feels like too many LBs, but who on the roster is worth a damn? Dude is a gamer.

Go for it!

that would be a quick way to rebuild. Love it

What's your mock?

Go for it!

I like the creativity and the effort. Petty would be anything, think Grayson from Colo St could be thou.

This sounds fun...depending on what position is "running" at the time could change which positional direction I'd go...here goes

1. Dorial Green-Beckham WR

1. Jordan Phillips NT

2. Todd Gurley RB

2. Eli Harold Rush OLB

2. Jake Fisher OT

3. Cody Prewitt FS

3. Josh Shaw CB

4. Ty Montgomery WR/PR

5. Sean Mannion QB

6. DJ Humphries OT

7. Leon Brown OG

With so many high picks I couldn't pass on the Megatron clone. I would truly like to not gamble on my rush end and overpay in FA for a superstud though Harold has a lot of upside etc. The Pac 12 has 4 or 5 NFL starting caliber qb's who are, in my opinion, all better than Petty. I wouldn't mind Petty but I am completely terrified f selecting a QB who has some many predetermined throws.

I'm all for it!

What's your mock?

Go for it!

Hell, I'll give it a shot. In mine, no trade back in the first.

FYI, we don't have our 5th rounder this year from the trade to get Vereen last year:

1. Danny Shelton, DT, Washington - I'm not sold on any of the current players as a good fit at 3-4 NT, so get the best one in the draft.

1. Cameron Erving, C, Florida State - Shore up the O-line starting with the weakest link. Might also fit at OT (the other weak link).

2. Eric Kendricks, LB, UCLA - Need a young leader going forward at ILB.

2. PJ Williams, CB, Florida St. - Future starter with Fuller.

3. Jaquiski Tartt, S, Samford - A much-needed enforcer on the back end

3. Lorenzo Maudlin, LB, Louisville - Pass rushing OLB for the 3-4.

4. Tre McBride, WR, William & Mary - Versatile - can line up in the slot or outside and return kicks. Reminds me a bit of Moncrief

6. Lynden Trail, LB/TE, Norfolk State - Another body at LB and possible developmental/red zone TE

7. John Crockett, RB, North Dakota State - If we're trading Forte, we need another body at RB.

Alright finally got some time on the computer....

In this fantasy world I'm gonna say Suh hits FA and the Bears sign him along with Culliver, Moore, Wes Welker, Virgil Greene, and Jake Locker

1. Beasley OLB- Raised his stock a ton today just by showing up 10 pounds heavier than most expected and threw up 35 reps, might not make it down to this hypothetical mid round spot but freak it...

1. Shaq Thompson ILB- After reading about how much coverage Fangio had his ILBs do in SF I think grabbing Shaq would go a long way in keeping a lot of what Vic did in SF the same.

2. Cameron Irving OL- I put OL because he's an interesting cat who could probably play anywhere on the line. I say let him and Long both work out at OT and OG and make a decision on who should go where.

2. Carl Davis DT- Love this kid and think he's a perfect fit as a 5T or NT. Between Suh, Rat, Houston, Ego, Davis, and Sutton we would have a nice deep front 3. Ratliff only has a year left, and if Houston continues to blow he could be a cut candidate next year so it's not really over kill here.

2. Devin Smith WR- We need a deep threat, we get a deep threat. I've seen Alshon get compared to Demarius Thomas, I brought in Welker, and now we need an Emmanuel Sanders, and that can be Devin Smith.

3. Hroniss Grasu OC- We all want this kid in the 3rd I think. Irving-Long-Grasu-Slauss-Bushrod would be nasty.

3. Tevin Coleman RB- I highly doubt he actually make it this far (Early 3rd), but I'm taking what the mock gives me. Coleman behind the guys above would be fun to watch. Guy is gonna be a workhorse.

4. Bryce Petty QB- Locker probably only gets a 1 or 2 year contract, Petty backs him up, and with any luck becomes a starter after Locker is gone.

6.Ibraheim Campbell SS- Competition for Mundy at SS. I'm a NW fan and he gave up a lot of big plays in coverage but as a box safety he could be solid.

7. Levi Norwood WR- More depth at WR.

Alright finally got some time on the computer....

In this fantasy world I'm gonna say Suh hits FA and the Bears sign him along with Culliver, Moore, Wes Welker, Virgil Greene, and Jake Locker

1. Beasley OLB- Raised his stock a ton today just by showing up 10 pounds heavier than most expected and threw up 35 reps, might not make it down to this hypothetical mid round spot but freak it...

1. Shaq Thompson ILB- After reading about how much coverage Fangio had his ILBs do in SF I think grabbing Shaq would go a long way in keeping a lot of what Vic did in SF the same.

2. Cameron Irving OL- I put OL because he's an interesting cat who could probably play anywhere on the line. I say let him and Long both work out at OT and OG and make a decision on who should go where.

2. Carl Davis DT- Love this kid and think he's a perfect fit as a 5T or NT. Between Suh, Rat, Houston, Ego, Davis, and Sutton we would have a nice deep front 3. Ratliff only has a year left, and if Houston continues to blow he could be a cut candidate next year so it's not really over kill here.

2. Devin Smith WR- We need a deep threat, we get a deep threat. I've seen Alshon get compared to Demarius Thomas, I brought in Welker, and now we need an Emmanuel Sanders, and that can be Devin Smith.

3. Hroniss Grasu OC- We all want this kid in the 3rd I think. Irving-Long-Grasu-Slauss-Bushrod would be nasty.

3. Tevin Coleman RB- I highly doubt he actually make it this far (Early 3rd), but I'm taking what the mock gives me. Coleman behind the guys above would be fun to watch. Guy is gonna be a workhorse.

4. Bryce Petty QB- Locker probably only gets a 1 or 2 year contract, Petty backs him up, and with any luck becomes a starter after Locker is gone.

6.Ibraheim Campbell SS- Competition for Mundy at SS. I'm a NW fan and he gave up a lot of big plays in coverage but as a box safety he could be solid.

7. Levi Norwood WR- More depth at WR.

The first two names are excellent, dont see Coleman dropping that far, Just dont see the love for Petty.

No way in hell we give Suh a 100 mil, thats what he will be getting.

The first two names are excellent, dont see Coleman dropping that far, Just dont see the love for Petty.

Petty impressed at the combine. Watching him play I think the guy can play.

Would love to see him drafted by the Bears.

And there's no way in hell we get a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd for Jay, B, and Forte.

Its a game, its all for funsies.

They might be able to get two seconds and a third.

Possssibly. I'm one of Jays biggest fans but I'd even admit that the chances of a 1st or even a 2nd seems slim to me with his contract. I'd say a 3rd and a 4th at best.

Forte has one year left on his contract and its a pretty big number on that 1 year, again I'd say probably 3rd at best.

You'd think B would have some trade value but the reports we've seen kinda say otherwise. Again I'd say a 3rd rounder at best seems more likely.

But then again the Browns got a 1st round pick for Trent bleepin Richardson so I could be way off on each player.

Your right but I try to have a sense of reality even when Im Dreaming.

In the scenario given I don't think it's out of the realm of possibilities they go after a guy like Suh or Justin Houston. I mean after all those trades their cap number would be up over 50M, and with all the young talent they would be bringing in here having one huge contract wouldn't kill them at all.

Again in this scenario I'd say Tevin Coleman dropping to the 3rd is probably less likely to happen than the Bears bringing in Suh, Houston, or even McCourty. With the plethora of OLBs in the draft and with Fox/Donatell's ability to develop guys in the secondary I'd go with Suh in this scenario.

In the scenario given I don't think it's out of the realm of possibilities they go after a guy like Suh or Justin Houston. I mean after all those trades their cap number would be up over 50M, and with all the young talent they would be bringing in here having one huge contract wouldn't kill them at all.

Again in this scenario I'd say Tevin Coleman dropping to the 3rd is probably less likely to happen than the Bears bringing in Suh, Houston, or even McCourty. With the plethora of OLBs in the draft and with Fox/Donatell's ability to develop guys in the secondary I'd go with Suh in this scenario.

I don't want Suh's $100mil+ contract because it comes with his attitude and poor decisions, and because we have so many needs. I think we'll be better overall if we spread that $$$ across several good players at each level of the defense.