Post Combine 4R Mock

scs787

WF just did their post combine mock and gave us...

1R-Shelton

2R-PJ Williams CB

3R- AJ Cann OG

4R- Shane Carden QB

Meh...

I'd switch it up and go

1R- Beasley OLB- obvious

2R- Shaq ILB- According to WF, teams are putting a 2R grade on him.

3R- Grasu OC- obvious

4R- Ty Montgomery WR- Potential pro bowl returner, with some upside as a WR. Could be a steal.

That all coupled with Knighton (Though I bet he follows Del Rio to Oak), Chris Culliver, Rahim Moore, and Jeremy Parnell(OT), and I think we'll be looking at a quick turnaround.

1R-Shelton

2R-PJ Williams CB

3R- AJ Cann OG

4R- Shane Carden QB

Meh...

I'd switch it up and go

1R- Beasley OLB- obvious

3R- Grasu OC- obvious

4R- Ty Montgomery WR- Potential pro bowl returner, with some upside as a WR. Could be a steal.

That all coupled with Knighton (Though I bet he follows Del Rio to Oak), Chris Culliver, Rahim Moore, and Jeremy Parnell(OT), and I think we'll be looking at a quick turnaround.

to be honest with how well the OLBs did and how slow Shelton is, I see him dropping out of the top 10. Also Kevin White, Cooper and Parker will all be top 10.

to be honest with how well the OLBs did and how slow Shelton is, I see him dropping out of the top 10. Also Kevin White, Cooper and Parker will all be top 10.

It's possible, not a lot of teams have a need for a NT which will hurt. He won't fall to far though. His 3 cone drill was comparable to BJ Rajis and Raji still went top 10.

1R-Shelton

2R-PJ Williams CB

3R- AJ Cann OG

4R- Shane Carden QB

Meh...

I'd switch it up and go

1R- Beasley OLB- obvious

3R- Grasu OC- obvious

I like all of your suggestions that are bolded. Glad to see that Thompson is getting his due diligence although that makes it less likely he'll get picked by Chicago.

If he does come in as a Safety, presumably picked by Chicago, he'd be great as a SS. Imagine along with Jones, Bostic, Harris(?) SMC(?) as LB's that would be pretty sweet.

Shelton is sticking on a lot of post combine Mocks:

Shelton - SI.com - http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/02/23/2015-nfl-...-bay-buccaneers

Shelton - Yahoo Sports - http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown...-155706803.html

Shelton - CBS Sports - http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/pat-ki...to-land-mariota

Can't ignore 98 tackles, 16.5 TFL, and 9 sacks. I don't care if he's slower than Rich Eisen, when you put up those numbers as a DT, you can play in the NFL.

Can't ignore 98 tackles, 16.5 TFL, and 9 sacks. I don't care if he's slower than Rich Eisen, when you put up those numbers as a DT, you can play in the NFL.

Suggs was too slow for us to draft back in the day. Shelton is a good football player. If the staff likes the film, I hope the short arms and 40 don't scare them off.

Hopefully he is hearing all this crap and has a bug up his ass.

Back in the day on another board the debate was Tommie Harris or Vince Wolfork at 14. We took Harris and ignored the medical red flags while Wilfork is still playing at a decent level.

I remember those days, hard to believe I've been an addict on this site for so long.

So what are the thoughts on Randy Gregory? Being a Nebraska guy I've seen that he's making some noise lately and has had a pretty solid career as a Cornhusker.

And since were talking combine, why don't they make them do the drills in pads? Seems all the tests would be more accurate if they were.

So what are the thoughts on Randy Gregory? Being a Nebraska guy I've seen that he's making some noise lately and has had a pretty solid career as a Cornhusker.

And since were talking combine, why don't they make them do the drills in pads? Seems all the tests would be more accurate if they were.

Love em. If the fact he showed up light to the combine drops him to 7, that's my pick.

With the depth on D in this draft I'm still in favor of trading back a few times to acquire more picks. Here is my latest mock on fanspeak OTC premium:

6 - R1P16 OLB VIC BEASLEY CLEMSON

39 - R2P7 DE OWAMAGBE ODIGHIZUWA UCLA

59 - R2P27 DE HENRY ANDERSON STANFORD

71 - R3P7 CB JACOBY GLENN UCF

82 - R3P18 S CHRIS HACKETT TCU

103 - R4P7 S JAQUISKI TARTT SAMFORD

113 - R4P17 CB ERIC ROWE UTAH

135 - R5P7 RB DAVID JOHNSON NORTHERN IOWA

156 - R5P28 OLB JAKE RYAN MICHIGAN

167 - R6P7 C MAX GARCIA FLORIDA

199 - R7P7 DT LETERRIUS WALTON CENTRAL MICHIGAN

With the depth on D in this draft I'm still in favor of trading back a few times to acquire more picks. Here is my latest mock on fanspeak OTC premium:

6 - R1P16 OLB VIC BEASLEY CLEMSON

39 - R2P7 DE OWAMAGBE ODIGHIZUWA UCLA

59 - R2P27 DE HENRY ANDERSON STANFORD

71 - R3P7 CB JACOBY GLENN UCF

82 - R3P18 S CHRIS HACKETT TCU

103 - R4P7 S JAQUISKI TARTT SAMFORD

113 - R4P17 CB ERIC ROWE UTAH

135 - R5P7 RB DAVID JOHNSON NORTHERN IOWA

156 - R5P28 OLB JAKE RYAN MICHIGAN

167 - R6P7 C MAX GARCIA FLORIDA

199 - R7P7 DT LETERRIUS WALTON CENTRAL MICHIGAN

With all the love for Beasley going on, here is his stat line last year

2014 13 34 21.5 12.0 3 0

34 tackles, not very impressive

With all the love for Beasley going on, here is his stat line last year 2014 13 34 21.5 12.0 3 0 34 tackles, not very impressive

I think when the dust settles, we will either:

a.) Danny Shelton DT

b.) Alvin Bud Dupree OLB/DE

c.) trade down - may fill more major needs: 1) Landon Collins S or 2) Arik Armstead or find a way to get both.