LOLovie

jason

So Lovie is basically just trying to sign the former Bears players. What a moron.

Chris Conte

Isaiah Frey

Henry Melton

Evan Rodriguez

Major Wright

I wouldn't be shocked to see Briggs going to TB soon.

Wouldn't be surprised if Tillman also winds up there.

Maybe he'll take Jay LOL

Guest TerraTor
Cutler for the #1 pick?! I'd be game. And then trade back.

Pace needs to make that offer. THAT would be building for the future. One losing year for a dynasty?

How would that be a losing year? ha

So Lovie is basically just trying to sign the former Bears players. What a moron.

Chris Conte

Isaiah Frey

Henry Melton

Evan Rodriguez

Major Wright

I wouldn't be shocked to see Briggs going to TB soon.

The thing is, Lovie is a pretty damn good coach. He is a HORRIBLE GM. He was credited for bringing in the likes of Adam Archuletta and that really bad linebacker we drafted in the 2nd round and we dumped after two seasons (I'm too lazy to look up his damn name).

Josh McCown, Michael Johnson, and now Golson. Terrible. He should fire himself.

The thing is, Lovie is a pretty damn good coach. He is a HORRIBLE GM. He was credited for bringing in the likes of Adam Archuletta and that really bad linebacker we drafted in the 2nd round and we dumped after two seasons (I'm too lazy to look up his damn name).

Yeah, the one from Stanford, Michael Okwo - He sucked

Yeah, the one from Stanford, Michael Okwo - He sucked

Thanks! That was the really bad linebacker. The really bad 2nd rounder was DE Dan Bazuin. In between the two was Garrett Wolf.

Legend has it, this was the draft where Lovie was finally able to heavily levy his opinion.

Yeah sheesh he was something else wasn't he? You forgot players like John Tait, Ruben Brown, Devin Hester, Matt Forte, Thomas Jones, Roberto Garza and *gulp* Jay Cutler were all "brought in" during Lovie's watch. (Ok maybe that last one was a poor example...)

Yeah sheesh he was something else wasn't he? You forgot players like John Tait, Ruben Brown, Devin Hester, Matt Forte, Thomas Jones, Roberto Garza and *gulp* Jay Cutler were all "brought in" during Lovie's watch. (Ok maybe that last one was a poor example...)

Lovie was a really good coordinator and overall good headcoach and bad gm

Lovie was in Chicago from 2004-2012.

Tait, Brown, and Jones all arrived in 2004. Fairly certain Lovie had little to do with these moves as a rookie coach, especially considering his disdain for OL. But if you're going to try and give credit to Lovie for picking up Thomas Jones, which I agree was a good move, then be sure to give him credit for unnecessarily drafting Cedric Benson.

Garza came the following year, and since he was OL, I'm sure it was a move pushed on Lovie.

As for Hester, keep in mind he was drafted to play cornerback after the retirement of Jerry Azumah. Given Lovie's propensity for drafting underwhelming CB talent, this probably was his pick. Given that Hester sucked at CB enough that I don't recall him getting much PT, recall that Lovie was the one who wanted to move Hester to WR. A #1 WR at that. I'd say that was a moderately successful effort, but he sure as hell wasn't a #1. It's a good thing he turned into the best return man in history. But that was probably Lovie's thoughts all along, right?

Forte? Eh...good pick all around.

Lovie was a really good coordinator and overall good headcoach and bad gm

I'd say great leader, really good DC, average HC, and bad GM.

Lovie was in Chicago from 2004-2012.

Tait, Brown, and Jones all arrived in 2004. Fairly certain Lovie had little to do with these moves as a rookie coach, especially considering his disdain for OL. But if you're going to try and give credit to Lovie for picking up Thomas Jones, which I agree was a good move, then be sure to give him credit for unnecessarily drafting Cedric Benson.

Garza came the following year, and since he was OL, I'm sure it was a move pushed on Lovie.

As for Hester, keep in mind he was drafted to play cornerback after the retirement of Jerry Azumah. Given Lovie's propensity for drafting underwhelming CB talent, this probably was his pick. Given that Hester sucked at CB enough that I don't recall him getting much PT, recall that Lovie was the one who wanted to move Hester to WR. A #1 WR at that. I'd say that was a moderately successful effort, but he sure as hell wasn't a #1. It's a good thing he turned into the best return man in history. But that was probably Lovie's thoughts all along, right?

Forte? Eh...good pick all around.

I'd say great leader, really good DC, average HC, and bad GM.

He came to Chicago and said he'd do three things right off the bat. Beat Green Bay - check. Win the division - check. And win the Super Bowl - almost. He did all this, as Head Coach in a matter of three years and after taking over from Dick Jauron. Unfortunately he didn't win the Super Bowl. My hope is now that John Fox can not only do these things quicker but WIN the Super Bowl... A few times

Was it JA or Lovie that got these guys

He came to Chicago and said he'd do three things right off the bat. Beat Green Bay - check. Win the division - check. And win the Super Bowl - almost. He did all this, as Head Coach in a matter of three years and after taking over from Dick Jauron. Unfortunately he didn't win the Super Bowl. My hope is now that John Fox can not only do these things quicker but WIN the Super Bowl... A few times

Um. Three years. After that though?

Lovie was 8-10 during the regular season vs. GB, and 8-11 overall.

Only 3 division championships in 9 seasons.

I'd say overall, he didn't do what he said he'd do. Which, along with his aversion to offense, is the reason he got fired.

Um. Three years. After that though?

Lovie was 8-10 during the regular season vs. GB, and 8-11 overall.

Only 3 division championships in 9 seasons.

I'd say overall, he didn't do what he said he'd do. Which, along with his aversion to offense, is the reason he got fired.

Well despite it all, he was fired after a 10-6 season. And where have we gone since?

Look I know you'd much rather bash Lovie as much as I do Cutler, but the fact of the matter is we've moved on. Well except for Cutler. But we're in a whole new era now going places we've never been (first veteran coach hired in decades, a 3-4 defense etc) let bygones be bygones.

Well despite it all, he was fired after a 10-6 season. And where have we gone since?

Look I know you'd much rather bash Lovie as much as I do Cutler, but the fact of the matter is we've moved on. Well except for Cutler. But we're in a whole new era now going places we've never been (first veteran coach hired in decades, a 3-4 defense etc) let bygones be bygones.

That's pretty damn mature for an internet post.

I agree. We all need to move on from our favorite pet bitch and just see what the next generation of Bears leadership brings. This whole clean break thing can apply to many aspects of life!