Randy Gregory

DABEARSDABOMB

He was #2 on my list of defensive players behind Williams and think he'd be an exceptional value pick in round 2 (presuming the psych eval on him checks out). That said, I don't mind a little crazy on the line, as long as it isn't the get arrested crazy, haha.

Completely agreed. But given the number of players already on roster, I'd much rather have Collins. I think Gregory could help, but he'd still be rotational at best. Besides, why get rid of a head case WR then spend your first two picks on a WR and a head case?

Not sure how Gregory will pan out with the NFL. He seems to not be able to stay away from the MJ. And with the NFL and their restrictive nature on it I can see him eventually spending more time suspended than playing in the long run.

I'm with Jason that the better pick would probably be Collins. I think to get a young and effective player in this position is more important for the long term health of the team. Think Mike Brown important. With the help of vets like Rolle guiding him, I suspect he'll be an eventual star for the Bears.

Not sure how Gregory will pan out with the NFL. He seems to not be able to stay away from the MJ. And with the NFL and their restrictive nature on it I can see him eventually spending more time suspended than playing in the long run. I'm with Jason that the better pick would probably be Collins. I think to get a young and effective player in this position is more important for the long term health of the team. Think Mike Brown important. With the help of vets like Rolle guiding him, I suspect he'll be an eventual star for the Bears.

I agree, grab someone that will be the next team leader. Whether it be Erik Kendricks MLB, Denzel Perriman MLB, Landon Collins SS, or Eric Rowe FS/CB. This team needs leadership, not someone who needs motherly leadership care. Gregory has great talent, but right now he can't stay at a playing weight or stay of the mj.

I agree, grab someone that will be the next team leader. Whether it be Erik Kendricks MLB, Denzel Perriman MLB, Landon Collins SS, or Eric Rowe FS/CB. This team needs leadership, not someone who needs motherly leadership care. Gregory has great talent, but right now he can't stay at a playing weight or stay of the mj.

Dude is a freakish monster and I'd take a flyer on him unless there's larger mental health issues going on that the general public isn't aware of. A college kid smoking a little weed isn't going to scare me off him.

Completely agreed. But given the number of players already on roster, I'd much rather have Collins. I think Gregory could help, but he'd still be rotational at best. Besides, why get rid of a head case WR then spend your first two picks on a WR and a head case?

He's not a nut job, he has ADD that is totally a different situation. I wouldnt take him in the second but beyond that would be no problem.

Paces first draft cant have the first 4 picks taken cant be with a big bust tag hanging over them.

The red flags scare me, but if you watch the tape, he is a playmaker. I doubt he makes it to us at 39. I can even see a couple of teams moving up into the mid-30's to grab him.

Lots of quotes from talent evaluators who say there was general consensus on him, from a pure talent perspective, being top 5 in this entire draft. In 2nd round, you take a guy like that as long as you think you have the right support system. ADHD, big freaking whoop. If that is all he as, it is an absurd overreaction. Pot is an issue for one reason, he could get suspended if he can't control himself.

Lots of quotes from talent evaluators who say there was general consensus on him, from a pure talent perspective, being top 5 in this entire draft. In 2nd round, you take a guy like that as long as you think you have the right support system. ADHD, big freaking whoop. If that is all he as, it is an absurd overreaction. Pot is an issue for one reason, he could get suspended if he can't control himself.

Yeah, I remember when he was in the top 5 and ahead of Fowler, Beasley, Dupree, and Ray.

For me, my Bears Big Board is:

Gregory - too much value to pass up

Fisher - pair with Long (Duck Right?)

Collins - huge need at Safety filled

Clemmings - comparable to Fisher IMO

Phillips - DLine help

Rowe - Versatile DB

Goldman - DLine help

Kendricks - ILB stud

Dawson - ILB stud

DGB/Smith/Strong/Yeldon also should come off very soon.

The entire top half of the 2nd is essentially getting first round talent.

Per Aaron Lemming, Bears covet Gregory.

It's so weird that with some of the early mocks, at #7, some had us taking Landon Collins and others had us taking Randy Gregory. Now both could be available at #7.

There's something wrong with Gregory and it has to be worse than ADHD. As per Hub Arkush, there's a possibility Gregory could be available at #71.

It's so weird that with some of the early mocks, at #7, some had us taking Landon Collins and others had us taking Randy Gregory. Now both could be available at #7.

There's something wrong with Gregory and it has to be worse than ADHD. As per Hub Arkush, there's a possibility Gregory could be available at #71.

3 picks to go. Gregory still on the board . . . I suspect we will pass.

Dude...if he is there in the THIRD?! That would be insane. And you take him even if HE is insane. Way too much talent at that point.

If he really is weighing in at 218 I might even pass in the 3rd. 240 I could deal with but if he dropped 22 pounds when there were already questions about his weight I just don't know. Couple that with him not showing up for an interview, and the pot stuff, and you have to question his desire.

If he really is weighing in at 218 I might even pass in the 3rd. 240 I could deal with but if he dropped 22 pounds when there were already questions about his weight I just don't know. Couple that with him not showing up for an interview, and the pot stuff, and you have to question his desire.

If he IS 218, then he is probably the best 3-4 OLB in the draft. If he gains the weight back, he is a top 5 explosie talent at DE.

PICK HIM.