La'el Collins goes undrafted

DABEARSDABOMB

I bet Jerry Jones gave him the "We have proven with our support of Bryant and Hardy, and our draft, that we view each player on an individual basis, and get his side of the story before condemning him"-reasoning.

Great pick up for them. They have loudly displayed that they'd rather swing for the fences than try for average or slightly above average.

Or the message; 'as long as you don't go to jall, you can play'. Yeah, good job Dallas. <_>

Man, Cowboys come away with 3 first round picks this draft.

That line is gonna be nasty. I don't care who is running the ball there, they're gonna have success.

Do you think we had a chance with Collins? I would assume we pursued, but since he had choice maybe he seen Dallas as the best fit. Too bad they didn't use the 6th on him.

Do you think we had a chance with Collins? I would assume we pursued, but since he had choice maybe he seen Dallas as the best fit. Too bad they didn't use the 6th on him.

Tough to say. I know the Cowboys were one of the first teams to bring him in for a visit so maybe it was just a case of the Bears never really getting the opportunity.

Its not like he could look around for better offers. The measely 1.6 mill or whatever is the most he could get.

Tough to say. I know the Cowboys were one of the first teams to bring him in for a visit so maybe it was just a case of the Bears never really getting the opportunity.

Its not like he could look around for better offers. The measely 1.6 mill or whatever is the most he could get.

Dallas had a leg up with acquiring Hardy and drafting Gregory they show the willingness to take chances. It was easier to sell to Collins with them on the roster.

Or the message; 'as long as you don't go to jall, you can play'. Yeah, good job Dallas. <_>

I still feel we don't know the whole story behind this guy. None of this scenario makes sense including the fact he went undrafted. A guy with "good character" and 1st Rd talent falls all the way to being a UDFA when he's not a suspect? With all those 7th Rd picks I find it hard to believe no team, including the Cowboys, felt like he'd be worth the risk. The majority of 7th Rd picks don't even make the roster and many don't even make the practice squad.

I'll wait for the rest of the story and that may take some time to become public. I'm not saying he was involved in that woman's death, just that there has to be more to the story about his character than what we know or someone would have taken a chance on him on day 3.

I still feel we don't know the whole story behind this guy. None of this scenario makes sense including the fact he went undrafted. A guy with "good character" and 1st Rd talent falls all the way to being a UDFA when he's not a suspect? With all those 7th Rd picks I find it hard to believe no team, including the Cowboys, felt like he'd be worth the risk. The majority of 7th Rd picks don't even make the roster and many don't even make the practice squad.

I'll wait for the rest of the story and that may take some time to become public. I'm not saying he was involved in that woman's death, just that there has to be more to the story about his character than what we know or someone would have taken a chance on him on day 3.

I think because of what occurred with Hernandez case, it just scared everybody off. Then he stated he wouldnt play for anybody if drafted after the 3rd round, it was just bad timing.

I think because of what occurred with Hernandez case, it just scared everybody off. Then he stated he wouldnt play for anybody if drafted after the 3rd round, it was just bad timing.

I am thinking maybe the NFL owners or maybe the NFL made some type of agreement with the teams to not make the pick. Something fishy was up. Why would all 32 teams take this kids word that he wouldn't sign if he was drafted?

That statement about not playing for anybody after the 3rd Rd, earlier it was after the 1st Rd, is just one more indication of some bad character IMO. It was all very odd behavior.

That statement about not playing for anybody after the 3rd Rd, earlier it was after the 1st Rd, is just one more indication of some bad character IMO. It was all very odd behavior.

I think its all about the money. A lot can be put on the agent as well. I believe all those statements came out of his agents mouth. He may have said it and his agent was just the mouthpiece, but he should have advised against it.

Neither apparently knew the rules of the supplemental draft.