White to start camp on PUP

madlithuanian

that really sucks dick, a rookie missing training camp does not bode well for his football season

Yeah and wasn't he on a limited basis for much of the OTA's? Seems odd that what should be a benign 'shin injury' is still plaguing him this late into the summer. Hope it's nothing more than a nagging injury but I'm suspicious if he's on the PUP.

David Fales' career appears to be over with he entering the camp on the PUP.

And I'm encouraged to see both Houston and Young are cleared to practice and hope against all hope that they (especially Willie) hold up.

Yeah and wasn't he on a limited basis for much of the OTA's? Seems odd that what should be a benign 'shin injury' is still plaguing him this late into the summer. Hope it's nothing more than a nagging injury but I'm suspicious if he's on the PUP.

David Fales' career appears to be over with he entering the camp on the PUP.

And I'm encouraged to see both Houston and Young are cleared to practice and hope against all hope that they (especially Willie) hold up.

for sure Willy and Lamar up to speed is a good thing

Supposedly day to day on White. The coaches said he needed a month off to let his shin heal and that they would bring him along slowly to build up his conditioning before putting on the practice field. If that's true he'll be running on the sideline today. If he's not running then it's a much bigger concern.

"Pace said that “there’s a long time” before games begin, and that the Bears want to be careful in how they build up the rookie’s cardiovascular abilities. Not that White is thrilled."

Seems like an a lot of nothing being said for just a shin injury. No report I can find on what the injury is, why it's taken over six weeks to heal? He had to stay off his feet all that time. And a GM saying "there's a long time before games begin". Thats a first and I bet last time I ever hear that phrase used.

Not the player I wanted to see miss a lot of training camp!