How do you turn this team around?

jason

I'm pretty surprised those are his numbers too. I've watched both alot. Besides the SEC I watch more big ten than any other conference since it seems yall dominate the early slots and don't often have big games. Some of those numbers could also be skewed by the inferior Big 10 tackle talent on some not all team. Iowa seems to keep a great tackle and Wisky's line operates welll as a unit but that's about it. Can you dig up some decent tackles he's dominated please?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty surprised those are his numbers too. I've watched both alot. Besides the SEC I watch more big ten than any other conference since it seems yall dominate the early slots and don't often have big games. Some of those numbers could also be skewed by the inferior Big 10 tackle talent on some not all team. Iowa seems to keep a great tackle and Wisky's line operates welll as a unit but that's about it. Can you dig up some decent tackles he's dominated please?

Bosa plays DE in a 4-3

Robert plays DT, may be a reason his numbers are lower as well he played DE his freshman year and moved to DT his sophomore year. This is his second year at DT.

Bosa plays DE in a 4-3

Robert plays DT, may be a reason his numbers are lower as well he played DE his freshman year and moved to DT his sophomore year. This is his second year at DT.

If bosa plays DE in a 4-3 why are ppl clamoring for him here. I'm just asking. I don't know anything about him. But if he doesn't fit a 3-4 scheme I want nothing to do with him. We don't need to draft ppl who wouldn't fit obviously

Yeah, Bosa is the type of freak who could play anywhere. He could probably play OLB too if he wanted to.

Crazy thing is some are saying Bosa's little brother is better!

Buckeyes have him committed, had also heard Bosa wanted to play with his brother so he may not declare.

This is Buckeye forum stuff, could be complete BS....

So was another stat monster from OSU named Gholston. Bosa and him are very similar. He doesnt fit our scheme. Do were really want a player that doesnt fit and pray he can play a position he never played before. I really wish people would watch more football thats not centralized to their location.

you are the first to compare Bosa to Gholston.

Gholston = 6'3 260

Bosa = 6'6 275

From a size comparison they are completely different. As far as being similar football players I do not agree as well.

Either way I would rather the kid from Ole Miss if they went defense.

I don't dismiss them. You're just blind and anything that doesn't say "CUTLER IS HORRIBLE" because it reads as "Cutler is great" in your eyes.

Cutler has flaws, to be sure, but it's hard to truly blame him for many things until other problems are fixed. And his positives FAR outweigh his negatives.

You ever think the 5 OC's is something that hinders Cutler and the rest of the offense? You seem to believe it's a positive for Cutler as a QB...which is far from the truth.

You ever think that he's had multiple years of bad OLs and it's naturally shaped his mechanics some? Oh, BTW, he seems to have embraced the offense this year, and didn't force any throws. He ran instead.

Your final statement is all anyone needs to know. It's ridiculous and shows your hatred. You'd rather see Cutler benched than see the Bears win.

You know that the sentiment I share about Cutler is not unique right? It's not like I'm the only one with the perception of how he plays directly effects the team to the negative on a REGULAR basis. Yes... he gradually shows improvement in each of the offensive schemes he's been a part of but almost every time he turns over the ball to the other team and a lot of the times those turnovers result in direct scores of the opposing teams. That is hard to overlook and hard to forgive. It's repeated time and again...year after year, season after season. The facts and the stats support it. The fact YOU don't like it is for you to wrestle with.

I was more than excited to see Jay come to the team when he did. Had a man crush in fact, thought he'd take us to the 'promised land' but all he's turned out to be is a snake oil salesman.

Just to be fair, what IF Jimmy Clausen somehow ends up winning this Sunday? And the following Sunday? Are you so convinced in what you think you know that you'd rather not see how he does in this offense? I would like to see the Bears win. If Jimmy does it great. If Cutler does it great...he hasn't yet, not this year.

So was another stat monster from OSU named Gholston. Bosa and him are very similar. He doesnt fit our scheme. Do were really want a player that doesnt fit and pray he can play a position he never played before. I really wish people would watch more football thats not centralized to their location.

You're crazy if you think Bosa can't play on the line in a 3-4. In fact he already plays some 3-4 at OSU....

www.landgrantholyland.com/2014/10/15/6974699/ohio-state-football-taking-a-closer-look-at-joey-bosa (Not sure why the link isn't clickable)

I watch plenty of football, typically B1G because I'm a Northwestern fan and I follow the conference.

I'm certainly not saying Nkemdiche is garbage by any means, I'm just saying Joey Bosa is an animal.

Not that I care, but just to level the playing field here on the whole weed thing.... Stumbled upon this when looking more into Nkemdiche...

www.foxsports.com/college-football/outkick-the-coverage/tennessee-fan-releases-picture-of-robert-nkemdiche-hitting-bong-on-game-week-101314

Ugh, I have no clue why my links aren't clickable today. If you're too lazy to copy and paste, its a picture of Nkemdiche smoking pot.

Again, most remember from a a few years back, I could care less about pot. I just wanted to point this out to those who would pass on Bosa because he smoked/smokes.

Not that I care, but just to level the playing field here on the whole weed thing.... Stumbled upon this when looking more into Nkemdiche...

www.foxsports.com/college-football/outkick-the-coverage/tennessee-fan-releases-picture-of-robert-nkemdiche-hitting-bong-on-game-week-101314

Ugh, I have no clue why my links aren't clickable today. If you're too lazy to copy and paste, its a picture of Nkemdiche smoking pot.

Again, most remember from a a few years back, I could care less about pot. I just wanted to point this out to those who would pass on Bosa because he smoked/smokes.

Having played for two different college football programs I have first hand experience with how many guys smoke weed. Most would be surprised how many players do smoke weed.

Bosa or Nkemdiche having smoked weed doesn't bother me at all. I almost would be surprised if you told me they didn't.

I care more about how they handle themselves in public, work ethic compared to weed smoking.

If the Bears are drafting high enough to choose between either of these guys the Bears will have lost a lot of games this year. If that is the case Bears fan will be happy with picking either of these guys.

'

If we have the #1 pick, I either want to take a QB or trade down. No other position, to me, given our needs, is worthy of the #1 pick. I'd rather move down a few spots and let a team that has fallen in love with someone grab them and let us accumulate additional picks. I fundamentally don't like the idea of making a top 3 pick on anything but QB. I also don't think you force it, if a QB isn't their, don't take them, but also don't be afraid to move down a few spots (to 5 - 6 range).

If we have the #1 pick, I either want to take a QB or trade down. No other position, to me, given our needs, is worthy of the #1 pick. I'd rather move down a few spots and let a team that has fallen in love with someone grab them and let us accumulate additional picks. I fundamentally don't like the idea of making a top 3 pick on anything but QB. I also don't think you force it, if a QB isn't their, don't take them, but also don't be afraid to move down a few spots (to 5 - 6 range).

Mel updated his big board

1. Robert N(I can't spell his name)

2. Joey Bosa

3. Jared Goff

This could be a tough decision come draft day. Top QB, great OT, or 2 forces on dline, I will even throw in 3 great ILBs with two now hurt. A CB compared to Revis and a top 5-10 S.

RD 1 Jared Goff QB-sounds too much like former Cal QB Aaron Rodgers in profiles

RD 2 Max Tuerck G/RT - plays C for USC but better used outside IMO.

Rd 3 best CB?

OR

RD1 Ronnie Stanley OLT

RD2 Scoobey Wright/Myles Jack ILB

RD3 Kevin Hogan QB

This could be a tough decision come draft day. Top QB, great OT, or 2 forces on dline, I will even throw in 3 great ILBs with two now hurt. A CB compared to Revis and a top 5-10 S.

RD 1 Jared Goff QB-sounds too much like former Cal QB Aaron Rodgers in profiles

RD 2 Max Tuerck G/RT - plays C for USC but better used outside IMO.

Rd 3 best CB?

OR

RD1 Ronnie Stanley OLT

RD2 Scoobey Wright/Myles Jack ILB

RD3 Kevin Hogan QB

No to the 2nd one. Hogan was god awful vs my Wildcats. Yes Northwestern has a great secondary but that is what he will face in the NFL. Jack and Scoobey are probably first rounders and right now I'm hoping Kyle Long is the LT long term.

1st one looks solid but if the Bears continue to struggle getting to the QB they need to add a guy who can get in the backfield. Whether that be a a guy on the line like Bosa/Nkemdiche or a speed rusher opposite McPhee.

If the Def still sucks a QB won't get us very far. They came close to beating GB and were in the game with Jay out there but IMO both losses hang on the D. I think you can win with Jay if the D isn't laughably bad.

Goff makes things hard as I absolutely love the kid, but I think Jay + Bosa/Nkemdiche > Goff + A lesser pass rush.

If the Def still sucks a QB won't get us very far. They came close to beating GB and were in the game with Jay out there but IMO both losses hang on the D. I think you can win with Jay if the D isn't laughably bad.

Goff makes things hard as I absolutely love the kid, but I think Jay + Bosa/Nkemdiche > Goff + A lesser pass rush.

I agree that I think Jay can get it done with a better D and Oline. We also have more cap space next year than most teams, so we can make a couple big moves in FA also. I prefer to avoid FA, but without many players worthy to re-sign, we have to spend somewhere. A 5T that can rush the pass would be huge, but we have 3 young drafted players that are playing now. Bosa or Nkemdiche would be a bonus. OLB we have McPhee, Houston, Allen, and Young all signed through next season, so drafting one high also seems unlikely. CB or S seem logical to draft. QB is highly possible or offensive line.

I would sign the top CB and S in FA this offseason. Draft QB round one, best 5T round 2, and OG round 3.

1-Jared Goff QB

2-DeForest Buckner DE/Bronson Kaufusi DE 6-6 280-290

3-Nick Martin C/G

That should solidify the offense for 4-6 years, then the following drafts can go defensive heavy.

No to the 2nd one. Hogan was god awful vs my Wildcats. Yes Northwestern has a great secondary but that is what he will face in the NFL. Jack and Scoobey are probably first rounders and right now I'm hoping Kyle Long is the LT long term.

1st one looks solid but if the Bears continue to struggle getting to the QB they need to add a guy who can get in the backfield. Whether that be a a guy on the line like Bosa/Nkemdiche or a speed rusher opposite McPhee.

Not a fan of Hogan either.

Something I just thought of, the Bears will probably have a huge amount of cap space next year. They will probably cut Young, Houston and Allen creating even more space. I love talking draft because I watch so much college football but who knows what we will need going into next year draft.

Maybe they sign some stud D or O lineman taking that need away. Or even a CB or S. I could be wrong but I thought I read some where the Bears may have 60 million in cap space next year, leaving a lot of money to upgrade a lot of positions.

One thing I think everyone can agree on is that Cutler is not the future of this franchise. At 32 or 33 years old he is not going to be around another 10 years. If for some reason we did have the number 1 pick QB may be the way to go. Let him sit behind Cutler for 1 year to learn the system and develop, after next season Im pretty sure you can cut Cutler without any cap hit.

Rodgers sat for 3 years before getting his shot, look how well that worked out for him. I get that he was drafted 24th and not 1st and a lot of people will say the number 1 draft pick has to play immediately.

On the Flip side, lets say Cutler plays well this season and we end up not needing a QB for 3 or 4 years, both Bosa and the Ole Miss kid would be no brainers in my book.