How do you turn this team around?

jason

I hope the "Prescott" mentioned in this thread is not Dak Prescott of Mississippi State. He's horrible throwing the ball, very inaccurate on anything longer than 10 yards. I'll be amazed if anyone drafts him but then again this is the NFL and someone will think "he can run" let's take him.

I haven't seen Goff play this year but he's shown some promise in years past. Definitely worth keeping an eye on him.

Agreed on Prescott. Do not want him at all.

Goff I have not seen enough to comment on.

Connor Cook anyone?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude, your blind Cutler hate is ridiculous. You want him out so badly that you don't even watch objectively. The fact that you defend Clausen here is laughable. He had multiple throws that weren't remotely close to accurate, a few other weak ones, and a few others where he didn't even bother to look at the defense before throwing it as fast as he possibly could. It is an absolute fact that Clausen looked bad; there is no arguing it.

Alaska will always downplay anything Cutler does and upsell any other QB that plays.

I would love to know if Cutler screwed up on that INT. Until the INT I was very happy with Cutler. But that always seems to be the deal with Cutler, looks great and then BOOM something happens.

I hope Cutler is not out for a very long time, I am really wanting to see what Gase and co. can do with him. Then this staff can determine what really needs to be done going fwd.

If Cutler turns it around and we still draft high the Bears could add a game changer somewhere else.

Peyton Manning has thrown Pick-6s in back to back games, and they won both. Wilson was 19-30, 206 yds, 2 TDs and 1 INT (4th Quarter INT) against GB and Cutler was 18-36, 225 yds, 1 TD, 1 INT against them.

Cutler is not really a problem, or if you think he is, he is nowhere near the biggest problem. After two games, he has a better QBR than Peyton and Eli Manning, Brees, Foles, Newton, Flacco, Smith, Bradford, Stafford, and Tannehill against two of the better teams in the NFL.

Peyton Manning has thrown Pick-6s in back to back games, and they won both. Wilson was 19-30, 206 yds, 2 TDs and 1 INT (4th Quarter INT) against GB and Cutler was 18-36, 225 yds, 1 TD, 1 INT against them.

Cutler is not really a problem, or if you think he is, he is nowhere near the biggest problem. After two games, he has a better QBR than Peyton and Eli Manning, Brees, Foles, Newton, Flacco, Smith, Bradford, Stafford, and Tannehill against two of the better teams in the NFL.

Cutler hasn't built up any trust over the years, guys are over him. I get it. IT doesn't matter what any of the other QB's do, Cutler has to put together a good season to buy some leeway.

I think some guys are expecting perfection from Cutler and if he isn't perfect its a total waste in their eyes.

INT's are going to happen.

Before the INT Cutler looked great. He read the open WR on the long TD and was 8 for 8. He looks to have a good grasp on this offense.

I do agree tho, Cutler is not the biggest problem.

I haven't been a Cutler fan for years; but he is not the worst problem IMO.

He didn't look bad at all before he got hurt and he wasn't bad in the first game.

The mistake was that big contract that was given to him, that is the problem.

Who is to blame for that? Cutler? Emery? McCaskeys? Angelo? Who ever, that is the issue for me; he is overpaid and at the point he was given that big contract he had not earned it.

But, we are stuck with it. For at least this year, and maybe next it seems.

I hope he proves me wrong and kicks some butt, but even if he does, he is only one player and I don't think that he is enough to cover all of the problems.

It is rebuilding time....as MadLith says, I think I am going to relax for a year or two. Kind of wished I had saved my cash for Gamepass, but oh well. I still like watching when they are competitive, so maybe there will be a bit worth watching this year.

Gotta figure out a way to get a pass rush in here while also fixing the CB position.

May be time to throw Fuller under Rolles wings and convert him to safety because dude is consistently being abused out there at CB.

I don't care who your QB is if you can't get pressure on the opposing QB and your CBs are not that good.

Jay was playing well, 8 of 9 for 120 (Clausen had 121 yard on nearly triple the attempts) and he looked solid running the ball as well. No question he'll be back when he's healthy, and more than likely next year as well in my opinion.

Dude, your blind Cutler hate is ridiculous. You want him out so badly that you don't even watch objectively. The fact that you defend Clausen here is laughable. He had multiple throws that weren't remotely close to accurate, a few other weak ones, and a few others where he didn't even bother to look at the defense before throwing it as fast as he possibly could. It is an absolute fact that Clausen looked bad; there is no arguing it.

What's laughable is how you claim to know the game as an official but you are willing to dismiss what just about every other "expert" observers see as a heavy flaw in Cutler. The same message was repeated yesterday by one of the announcers that this is the 'fifth coordinator' he's played for since coming to Chicago and still manages to f#ck it up. History repeats itself yet you ignore it. Insisting that if he only had a line of first round draft picks he'd have more time, thus not throw interceptions. Well he had all the time in the world yesterday and the week before when he threw those INTs.

And since you're a fan of revisions, I'm actually going to say they should consider starting Fales instead of Clausen but either way as long as it's not Cutler I'm good.

What's laughable is how you claim to know the game as an official but you are willing to dismiss what just about every other "expert" observers see as a heavy flaw in Cutler. The same message was repeated yesterday by one of the announcers that this is the 'fifth coordinator' he's played for since coming to Chicago and still manages to f#ck it up. History repeats itself yet you ignore it. Insisting that if he only had a line of first round draft picks he'd have more time, thus not throw interceptions. Well he had all the time in the world yesterday and the week before when he threw those INTs.

And since you're a fan of revisions, I'm actually going to say they should consider starting Fales instead of Clausen but either way as long as it's not Cutler I'm good.

Just admit it. You absolutely hate Cutler so much it wouldn't matter if he was absolutely perfect out there you would still hate on him. I'm not exactly a Cutler fan anymore. However he provides us the best chance at winning today. And the coaches job is to win games. Nobody is going to allow the team to purposely throw games just so we can have a top pick and then pray we don't freak that up as well.

No to put words in Alaska's mouth (which is what I'm about to do), but I think he's simply done with Cutler. He's the best we have on the roster, but I think he sees what many see...that Cutler won't be here when this team is ready to make a run at the SB. I think Alaska just wants to expedite that.

And I think this injury does that. It'll allow the coaches to put in their guy. Who that is, I haven't the foggiest. I just hope it's not pickles. At least we can all laugh when Fales fails...

Just admit it. You absolutely hate Cutler so much it wouldn't matter if he was absolutely perfect out there you would still hate on him. I'm not exactly a Cutler fan anymore. However he provides us the best chance at winning today. And the coaches job is to win games. Nobody is going to allow the team to purposely throw games just so we can have a top pick and then pray we don't freak that up as well.

No to put words in Alaska's mouth (which is what I'm about to do), but I think he's simply done with Cutler. He's the best we have on the roster, but I think he sees what many see...that Cutler won't be here when this team is ready to make a run at the SB. I think Alaska just wants to expedite that.

And I think this injury does that. It'll allow the coaches to put in their guy. Who that is, I haven't the foggiest. I just hope it's not pickles. At least we can all laugh when Fales fails...

Right. When we have to say things like "he gives us our best chance to win" that says plenty. That means, given the sample we've seen these last 9 years, we're ok with a player who plays to his potential then almost predictably and inevitably fails us at the most inopportune time. Even last year when he arguabley had one of his best statistical years the footnote that we almost always see "...but led the league in 18(?) turnovers". That's what I've had enough of.

Oh how I wish Tennessee would've been dumb enough to pull off that trade for Cutler now.

If you'd read my past posts you'd see I don't. What I am is tired of his inability to play at the level he supposed...nay...expected to play at.

Jimmy was bad. I'd say it's somewhat unfair to judge him too harshly given the way he was inserted into the game. But he pretty much sucked.

Cutler threw behind his receiver for his pick. It happens to the best but it wasn't a good throw and shouldn't be defended. He was playing pretty well up until then and led the team for the most part to success. But he isn't earning his LARGE paychecks either.

Doesn't matter much who is playing QB when the team gives up 48 friggen points. The tone was set on the opening kickoff. This team needs talent.

Besides that one int he threw at the beginning and some other early game plays he wasn't all that bad. He was successfully driving the team a few times until daunted by the cascade of penalties. Hard to succeed when you have nearly 200 yards in penalties.

The bulk of the penalty yards were on our defense, not the offense. Claussen was awful. The offense was awful without Jay.

The bulk of the penalty yards were on our defense, not the offense. Claussen was awful. The offense was awful without Jay.

Agreed. 14 points were from the opening kickoff and Jay's pick 6. The rest is the D. That's 34 points that the D gave up. Never going to win with the crap talent we have built on the D side of the ball.

Not for nothing but 5 of the total 14 penalties were on the defense. Unfortunately two of those on the D were the big PIs against Fuller and Ball. As Fox pointed out that pretty much sets up the opposition to score.

Our luck is we will tank and get stuck with that scrub from Penn State.

Looks like his stock is plummeting, and rightfully so. Goff to me is the only franchise changer. Cook is good when he has take but from what I've seen he's not that great against pressure. Not the toe of player I take in the top 10.

Right now Bosa is my guy depending where they land. I really like what I've seen from Sutton, and Ego might be a guy, but you throw Bosa out there with Goldman and one of those guys and we start hitting home a lot more.

Probably go Goff next on my wishlist, and this comes from a Cutler fan so you know I must really love Goff.

Haven't paid much attention to this years CB crop yet. I see Kyle Fullers brother is highly touted and supposed to be the better of the 2. Maybe having those 2 together might bring out the better Fuller.

Connor Cook is bad too bro. I've seen nothing special from him so far. Isn't he like a 50% completion QB? I've only listened to Cal games so far on Sirius but Goff is likely the top QB prospect right now.

As far as the dude from Miss he's a monster without the violence and weed problems Bosa seems to have. I think he'd be head and shoulders above Bosa.

Connor Cook is bad too bro. I've seen nothing special from him so far. Isn't he like a 50% completion QB? I've only listened to Cal games so far on Sirius but Goff is likely the top QB prospect right now.

As far as the dude from Miss he's a monster without the violence and weed problems Bosa seems to have. I think he'd be head and shoulders above Bosa.

Here's my response to that...

I'll be honest, I haven't seen any of Nkemdiche but have seen A TON of hype. Just checked his stats and I am SHOCKED to see dude only has 3 sacks and 10 TFL in 22 games. For all the hype I was expecting to see ridiculous numbers not 10 TFL (6 of those vs Troy, Southeast Methodist, and Vandy) .

I assume he's consistently double teamed. I'll have to watch some tape.

Bosa on the other hand in 27 games has 37.5 TFL and 21.5 sacks. That's the type of numbers I was expecting to see from the other guy.

Again, I admit I havent seen Nkemdiche but based on those numbers it's hard to say he's heads and shoulders above Bosa.

I have seen A TON of Bosa. Dude is incredible.

What's laughable is how you claim to know the game as an official but you are willing to dismiss what just about every other "expert" observers see as a heavy flaw in Cutler.

The same message was repeated yesterday by one of the announcers that this is the 'fifth coordinator' he's played for since coming to Chicago and still manages to f#ck it up.

History repeats itself yet you ignore it.

Insisting that if he only had a line of first round draft picks he'd have more time, thus not throw interceptions.

Well he had all the time in the world yesterday and the week before when he threw those INTs.

I don't dismiss them. You're just blind and anything that doesn't say "CUTLER IS HORRIBLE" because it reads as "Cutler is great" in your eyes.

Cutler has flaws, to be sure, but it's hard to truly blame him for many things until other problems are fixed. And his positives FAR outweigh his negatives.

You ever think the 5 OC's is something that hinders Cutler and the rest of the offense? You seem to believe it's a positive for Cutler as a QB...which is far from the truth.

You ever think that he's had multiple years of bad OLs and it's naturally shaped his mechanics some? Oh, BTW, he seems to have embraced the offense this year, and didn't force any throws. He ran instead.

Your final statement is all anyone needs to know. It's ridiculous and shows your hatred. You'd rather see Cutler benched than see the Bears win.

I don't dismiss them. You're just blind and anything that doesn't say "CUTLER IS HORRIBLE" because it reads as "Cutler is great" in your eyes.

Cutler has flaws, to be sure, but it's hard to truly blame him for many things until other problems are fixed. And his positives FAR outweigh his negatives.

You ever think the 5 OC's is something that hinders Cutler and the rest of the offense? You seem to believe it's a positive for Cutler as a QB...which is far from the truth.

You ever think that he's had multiple years of bad OLs and it's naturally shaped his mechanics some? Oh, BTW, he seems to have embraced the offense this year, and didn't force any throws. He ran instead.

Your final statement is all anyone needs to know. It's ridiculous and shows your hatred. You'd rather see Cutler benched than see the Bears win.

For once Jason and I agree. Kinda scary