Bears vs Broncos Game Thread

adam

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is crazy is if you didn't watch the game, you are going to say Cutler sucked, but he has been on the run all game with no running game and Wilson and Bellamy as the top 2 receivers.

DING! DING! DING!

The announcers have even mentioned the fact that he can't set his feet today.

This game shows the Bears are definitely not deep, and need several positions to make themselves a true playoff team. Losing for one year is better than squeaking in and thinking they are better than they are, then perpetually being somewhere in the Lovie-zone around .500. There are holes at OL, DL, LB, DB, WR, just take your pick.

Great comeback. Showed true grit. Showed fight. Showed Cutler is a MF'ing stud. Yes, I said it. Showed Langford has burst.

In the long run, however, the 2-pt conversion failure is better for this team in the future.

I'm proud of how the Bears fought today.

Damn, Cutler leads the team down for the TD on some crazy plays, all on him. Then like we have cable, we run a draw and get no gain on the 2pt conversion. I would not have taken the ball out of Cutler's hands on that play. Terrible play call.

Great comeback. Showed true grit. Showed fight. Showed Cutler is a MF'ing stud. Yes, I said it. Showed Langford has burst.

In the long run, however, the 2-pt conversion failure is better for this team in the future.

I'm proud of how the Bears fought today.

Yeah, and if we kick a FG earlier in the game on 4th and goal, that would have been a GW TD.

Denver the clearly more talented team, and it still came down to a 2pt conversion to decide the game.

You can give credit for the Bears for staying in the game, but this was a game they were favored in and should have won. You're playing against a quarterback that has never started before, and you're at home. There should be no excuses.

Once again, the defense comes out looking unprepared. Nobody was covered on the first two drives of the game. Adam Gase called the most predictable gameplan of the year, running on every 1st down through the majority of the game.. No screens at all. Fox inexplicably goes for in on 4th down, instead of taking the FG. Just an all around major disappointment for me.

You can give credit for the Bears for staying in the game, but this was a game they were favored in and should have won. You're playing against a quarterback that has never started before, and you're at home. There should be no excuses.

Once again, the defense comes out looking unprepared. Nobody was covered on the first two drives of the game. Adam Gase called the most predictable gameplan of the year, running on every 1st down through the majority of the game.. No screens at all. Just an all around major disappointment for me.

I don't know, it is not like Osweiler is a rookie, the dude is 25. Denver's defense is a top 5 unit and their offense had a better O-Line and weapons than we had on the field today. They were 7-0 until 2 recent losses and arguably the best team in the league playing the worst QB in the league for 9 games.

We had something like our 10th different starting defense this year and I want to say 5th O-Line group, which is not including Forte, Alshon, or Royal. This actually had blow out written all over it and we almost stole one.

Yeah the "play calling" was at fault. Before I go any further; Jason your commentary about how the team should continue to lose to get a better draft pick is pure unadulterated patheticness. I'm glad I never played on a team where you were a member. As Singletary would say "can't win with them!".

Not sure what everyone else saw but I saw a lot of mediocre from Jay. As has been the case a few times over the years 0, nada, zilch in red zone passing conversions. A key turnover late in the game; not the one where he lost the ball to the d-lineman but the one he threw direct to Trevathan. Sure Cutler is showing some signs of improvement but if you still think Cutler will ever lead the team to a playoff win let alone a Super Bowl, you're fooling yourself.

I find it funny that the big knock on Fox as a HC in the past is that he is too conservative and yet when he tries to be aggressive (going for it on 4th down near the end zone) then he is criticized for not playing it safe.

Tough loss. I have no doubt in my mind that if Ashlon, Royal & Forte were suited up we win this one easy.

I don't know, it is not like Osweiler is a rookie, the dude is 25. Denver's defense is a top 5 unit and their offense had a better O-Line and weapons than we had on the field today. They were 7-0 until 2 recent losses and arguably the best team in the league playing the worst QB in the league for 9 games.

We had something like our 10th different starting defense this year and I want to say 5th O-Line group, which is not including no Forte, Alshon, or Royal. This actually had blow out written all over it and we almost stole one.

What was his quarterback rating today? It was at like 119 through 3 quarters. That is completely unacceptable for a guy who's never started before. I don't care how many years he's been in the league. The defense did not come out prepared against a pretty vanilla offense. Even when they did get stops, the field position was so grossly in their favor.

I figured the offense would be a rough watch today, but they blew countless opportunities in the redzone all day. When you're there, you HAVE to finish.

I also thought Cutler was bad today. His ball placement was out of whack. Some of those plays that went for big yards could have ended up TD's if he had lead the receivers better. He also can't seem to throw the fade well anymore. He keeps throwing to the inside and it almost gets picked off everytime.

What was his quarterback rating today? It was at like 119 through 3 quarters. That is completely unacceptable for a guy who's never started before. I don't care how many years he's been in the league. The defense did not come out prepared against a pretty vanilla offense. Even when they did get stops, the field position was so grossly in their favor.

I figured the offense would be a rough watch today, but they blew countless opportunities in the redzone all day. When you're there, you HAVE to finish.

The defense only allowed 17 points, so I don't know how much more they could do. They definitely could've played better, but only allowing 17 pts when you are -2 in turnovers is actually really good.

The offense had nothing, the WR's were never really open except for the long play to Wilson. Cutler was under pressure on almost every drop back. He would literally get to his back leg and have to step around a rusher. The first interception was bad, but it wasn't a pick-6 and actually didn't lead to any points.

The offensive line still needs some work, the RB's were getting hit at the line on every run, rarely ever even a small hole to run through. Cutler would've been better with a little bit of a run game to make the play action work. That just wasn't there.

I find it funny that the big knock on Fox as a HC in the past is that he is too conservative and yet when he tries to be aggressive (going for it on 4th down near the end zone) then he is criticized for not playing it safe.

Tough loss.

Agree 100% . It's not like the guy has never been to the playoffs or the Super Bowl before. He must have some clue what he's doing.

The defense only allowed 17 points, so I don't know how much more they could do. They definitely could've played better, but only allowing 17 pts when you are -2 in turnovers is actually really good.

The offense had nothing, the WR's were never really open except for the long play to Wilson.

Did you miss that one shot where Mariani was wide open in the end zone? I know Jay did. He saw it too afterwards.

And in regards to the run game it seems to me that Carey was having some success until he was knocked out of the game. They focused on Langford throughout the game. Wanna say Marshall was following him around quite a bit.

I also thought Cutler was bad today. His ball placement was out of whack. Some of those plays that went for big yards could have ended up TD's if he had lead the receivers better. He also can't seem to throw the fade well anymore. He keeps throwing to the inside and it almost gets picked off everytime.

I agree on the under throws

Tough loss. I have no doubt in my mind that if Ashlon, Royal & Forte were suited up we win this one easy.

Hindsight now shows those 3 pts would have been a Bear W. I didn't consider that being aggresive, I thought it was playing russian roulette but with only one chamber empty. 2pts conv rate is 47% in the NFL, toss in a top 5 D and those odd get lower. Either way, they hung in there as I do not want to see a 2014 ever again. On the bright side, the draft slot improves.