Bears vs Broncos Game Thread

adam

You are right in that he moved to the right. The pocket opened up to the right, Cutler stepped up and to the right at the same time Marianni came open going left. It wasnt a designed roll out, the play just developed to the right with the pass rush.

As far as locking on to option 1 Im not sure how you can tell who option 1 2 and 3 are and if he locked onto only 1 option. It looked to me like he was looking at multiple people through out the play but because he was flushed to the right he didnt see the wide open Marianni.

Yeah, just rewatched it. Still though like Jason said, being flushed right, throwing across your body/field, is typically a big no no, especially in tight spaces like that play was. Might have worked, might not.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, just rewatched it. Still though like Jason said, being flushed right, throwing across your body/field, is typically a big no no, especially in tight spaces like that play was. Might have worked, might not.

For the sake of argument I'll concede it would have been a difficult throw to make. But... He still had to know it was an option. And of the two areas to throw, the "tight space" you refer to was more much more crowded than was where Mariana was l. As for other options, why not run straight forward and make a gain if not Score? Not sure why he'd insist on risking a pass like that with as many defenders in the area as there were. I can't remember but was this the controversial 4th down play?