i don't freakin get it!!!

bear trap

How do the patriots get a player and a second rd pick for chandler Jones when he , like Bennett, also is in the last yr of his contract, but yet here we are trying to trade a top 5 te and there's rumors that we may end up releasing him!?!?! That's bullshit... if you can't find a trade partner keep his ass until you do... and we sure as hell better not get hosed with a day two pick... I am so irritated now!! I mean seriously its chandler f#ckin Jones.. and he got a second rd pick and a player in return!!!! Wtf! Why do we always get hosed when we trade our good players... a 5th and a bottle of ky jelly and a corncobb for Brandon Marshall... is all we got... this shit needs to stop!

It is kind of annoying. I don't know who is to blame, whether it be the FO or the media, but when word gets out about players being a distraction and that you will release him if they can't find a trade partner, you lose all leverage.

I'm hoping the fact that it has been quiet on the Bennett front means they either changed their minds or it was all false reports to begin with. Keeping Bennett would be huge.

Chandler Jones is 26. Martellus is 29.

Chandler Jones has had 36 sacks in 4 years in the NFL (2 double-digit sack years). Martellus has been an above average TE for us.

Jones is younger and a better player at a premiere position. He has more value.

Marshall is a whack job who caused problems at two other teams before the Bears. We were lucky to get any thing for him.

Bennett is trouble in the locker room and Fox wants him gone. Other teams in the NFL know this. It drives down his value.

Peace :dabears

He may be a stud, and Bennett and Marshall may have had red flags, but did Jones not just show up at the police station disorientated in january because he was high on pot... really is that not red flag... seems like a pretty similar situation... and though edge rushers may come at a premium, last time I checked complete tight ends are at a premium as well and so are top elite wr but hey Marshall was too passionate and Bennett is discontent cause he wants paid so we better not expect them to get much in return.. why couldn't they just smoke pot!?! Then we'd get some good draft picks... yeah the sarcasm is running pretty thick I'll chalk it up as teams are just dumb as hell! That or everyone wants to make new england look smarter than everyone else...

He may be a stud, and Bennett and Marshall may have had red flags, but did Jones not just show up at the police station disorientated in january because he was high on pot... really is that not red flag... seems like a pretty similar situation... and though edge rushers may come at a premium, last time I checked complete tight ends are at a premium as well and so are top elite wr but hey Marshall was too passionate and Bennett is discontent cause he wants paid so we better not expect them to get much in return.. why couldn't they just smoke pot!?! Then we'd get some good draft picks... yeah the sarcasm is running pretty thick I'll chalk it up as teams are just dumb as hell! That or everyone wants to make new england look smarter than everyone else...

Marshall was too passionate? Marshall has serious mental stability issues. He gave a 50 minute impromptu press conference last fall when the Ray Rice situation broke that was completely unhinged. The McCaskeys wanted him gone.

Marshall was too passionate? Marshall has serious mental stability issues. He gave a 50 minute impromptu press conference last fall when the Ray Rice situation broke that was completely unhinged. The McCaskeys wanted him gone.

Everyone in the front office wanted him gone because he was the only one with a sack to publically hold cutler accountable... really mental stability issues??? They knew about his issues before they traded for him.. if you buy a pet snake you can't be upset one day if it bites you! Yes Marshall was TOO PASSIONATE he HATED losing and called cutler out for playing like a dumbass! He was the only one who had the balls to do it and I respected that about him!

Everyone in the front office wanted him gone because he was the only one with a sack to publically hold cutler accountable... really mental stability issues??? They knew about his issues before they traded for him.. if you buy a pet snake you can't be upset one day if it bites you! Yes Marshall was TOO PASSIONATE he HATED losing and called cutler out for playing like a dumbass! He was the only one who had the balls to do it and I respected that about him!

I have to say you need to post here more often. Your initial post had me rolling. And the fact you have Farley as part of your ID is awesome!

Not sure if it was due to Marshall's being a pain in the ass or his speaking the truth, I'm sure that him being outspoken didn't set well with the coaches and management. And given the relative frailty of the roster at that point they probably determined he couldn't contribute positively any longer in the locker room. Maybe why Forte said what he said. There is no doubt the team missed his (BM's) skills at WR last year.

There is history that he usually lasts with teams about 2-3 years before he starts pissing people off. And again whether he was right about Cutler or not, the team had too much invested in him (mostly money-not trust) they couldn't have people openly questioning their tactics. I suspect if the Jets don't resign Fitzpatrick Brandon will start shooting off his mouth again and get himself in trouble. And you know what, he'll probably be right that they should keep him...but they'll have their reasons for not if they don't.

BM was chaos, you cant have that in a locker room, it was always about him

How do the patriots get a player and a second rd pick for chandler Jones when he , like Bennett, also is in the last yr of his contract, but yet here we are trying to trade a top 5 te and there's rumors that we may end up releasing him!?!?! That's bullshit... if you can't find a trade partner keep his ass until you do... and we sure as hell better not get hosed with a day two pick... I am so irritated now!! I mean seriously its chandler f#ckin Jones.. and he got a second rd pick and a player in return!!!! Wtf! Why do we always get hosed when we trade our good players... a 5th and a bottle of ky jelly and a corncobb for Brandon Marshall... is all we got... this shit needs to stop!

Patriots always have a top target in the draft and may need to move up to get him. Or they have a clear need for 2 players, at least they do now IMO, on Dline and Oline.

Cooper failed here in AZ, an amazing bust as I expected he'd be a stud OG for a decade. The Cardinals are desperate to fix their pass rush and view that as the single biggest gap keeping them from getting to the Superbowl. This is Bruce Arians putting all of his chips on the table believing he has a 1-2 year window with Palmer (and maybe his own career since he was retired) to get it done. If they are still on the board expect to see Leonard Floyd or Noah Spence in AZ.

Now we know why Belichick was personally calling Hicks asking him to stay with the team. Losing both Hicks and Jones seems like a huge loss for them because they are in a similar position as the Cardinals (aging QB/Superbowl window). Even if they didn't want to pay him in 2017, it seems like keeping Jones around for at least one more season would give them the best shot at winning the Superbowl. Patriots have tons of cap room in 2017 too.

I think what you're saying is that you value MB and BM more than other team in the NFL. No team was willing to give up as much as a 5th round pick for Brandon Marshall (we also had to throw in a 7th.) If anybody wanted Bennett, we'd have traded him before the deadline. When we are begging teams to take these guys off our hands and nobody wants them, that tells you what the value is.

An edge rushing d-lineman who can get to the quarterback is FAR more valuable than a DE. Also, Jones allegedly had a bad reaction to synthetic marijuana which is legal in Massachusettes. Martellus threw a fit to the point he had to be removed from practice.

I didn't like dumping Marshall and I won't like dumping Bennett. But I believe in what Fox is doing and if he says he has to go--he has to go.