Rumors

AZ54

Jason, I don't know that most on this board were ok with the dumping of Forte. I know I wasn't especially when we found out the team was willing to pay top dollar to a player like CJ Anderson. Granted CJ is younger but other than that what is the comparison to he and Forte? Per year averages alone would tell you Forte is more productive and will be more than likely for another year or two. I mean really, how much more would you need from him if you're running an RBC anyhow (something Fox does)?

Speaking of and in consideration of Zeke. One caution AP had coming out of college was some (not major) injury history while at OU. It hasn't really affected him and in fact the one time he was significantly injured (if you can call it that) while in the NFL he recovered quite nicely. Of course there was that year off that may have helped... Anyhow. The point being not only does Zeke not have an injury history but he'll in essence be running in an RBC environment with Langford which in and of itself will prolong his playing time.

They say that of all the skill players coming from college the easiest to make that transition to the NFL are the RBs. That in alone adds a lot of value to 'true BPA'.

Jason, I don't know that most on this board were ok with the dumping of Forte. I know I wasn't especially when we found out the team was willing to pay top dollar to a player like CJ Anderson. Granted CJ is younger but other than that what is the comparison to he and Forte? Per year averages alone would tell you Forte is more productive and will be more than likely for another year or two. I mean really, how much more would you need from him if you're running an RBC anyhow (something Fox does)?

Speaking of and in consideration of Zeke. One caution AP had coming out of college was some (not major) injury history while at OU. It hasn't really affected him and in fact the one time he was significantly injured (if you can call it that) while in the NFL he recovered quite nicely. Of course there was that year off that may have helped... Anyhow. The point being not only does Zeke not have an injury history but he'll in essence be running in an RBC environment with Langford which in and of itself will prolong his playing time.

They say that of all the skill players coming from college the easiest to make that transition to the NFL are the RBs. That in alone adds a lot of value to 'true BPA'.

Great points. I was in your same boat with Forte. I would have liked to see him brought back for another 2 years (especially for what the Jets paid for him). The only reason I can rationalize not signing Forte is Pace and Co want to get younger. It the only reason when seeing what they offered Anderson.

Great points. I was in your same boat with Forte. I would have liked to see him brought back for another 2 years (especially for what the Jets paid for him). The only reason I can rationalize not signing Forte is Pace and Co want to get younger. It the only reason when seeing what they offered Anderson.

All the more reason to take a serious look at Zeke.

You know the 'forgotten' man in all this is Kevin White. When looking at the video I posted earlier on Zeke I saw another comparing him (White) to Amari Cooper. White is exciting to think about... Man I hope he stays healthy!!!

All the more reason to take a serious look at Zeke.

You know the 'forgotten' man in all this is Kevin White. When looking at the video I posted earlier on Zeke I saw another comparing him (White) to Amari Cooper. White is exciting to think about... Man I hope he stays healthy!!!

Ive been telling everyone that we have two 1st round picks this year. I hope White is special. He has all the tools you could ever want in a WR.

I know a lot of people are comparing him to adrian peterson, and as far as sheer power and speed are concerned I would agree but I think his running style and his catching the ball out of the backfield I think he is more comparable to ladanian tomlinson...

Either way, if he is 95% of either of those, than getting him at 11 is a no brainer and a steal. Both are all time greats at the respective position.

First bold - It sure seemed that most were OK with Forte leaving. Maybe you were not on board. I still think it was a mistake, especially since this entire discussion is about drafting a replacement RB.

Second bold - Agree with the ease of transition being something that puts a feather in the cap of RB BPA.

Either way, if he is 95% of either of those, than getting him at 11 is a no brainer and a steal. Both are all time greats at the respective position.

No doubt. Even I won't argue that. But it's too big of an if to risk when there are other positions of much greater need right now. Unfortunately, we don't know for certain what someone will do in the NFL. We, as Bears fans, know that better than most. Our front office and coaches have drafted poorly for decades. There is a reason the draft has often been said to be a 50/50 endeavor. What if he ends up being just 50-60% of LT or AP and Mackensie Alexander, for example, turns out to be 85% of Deion Sanders? It's too much uncertainty for me. I'd rather just have them draft need+BPA.

A different thought on that, what if Langford turns into LT? What if he has the ability to do so? Honestly, we don't know what he can do right now. Carey either.

I don't go out on a limb much, but as a pure running back, he's better than Forte. The only category Forte has him in is receiving. It's all speculation, because 22 is tested, Elliott, not a snap. If Stanley is not there, Elliott is my next covered player.

It's all crazy because we need a guy that get after the QB more than anything. I just don't think one is out there for our pick...

I don't go out on a limb much, but as a pure running back, he's better than Forte. The only category Forte has him in is receiving. It's all speculation, because 22 is tested, Elliott, not a snap. If Stanley is not there, Elliott is my next covered player.

It's all crazy because we need a guy that get after the QB more than anything. I just don't think one is out there for our pick...

A different thought on that, what if Langford turns into LT? What if he has the ability to do so? Honestly, we don't know what he can do right now. Carey either.

LT is one of the better running backs in NFL history. If we thought Langford could be LT, we sure as hell wouldn't be offering CJ Anderson a fat contract. And draft experts wouldn't be speculating that we would take Ezekiel Elliot at #11.

First bold - It sure seemed that most were OK with Forte leaving. Maybe you were not on board. I still think it was a mistake, especially since this entire discussion is about drafting a replacement RB.

You know me; I'm a traditionalist and not a fan of drastic and (what I see ) as unnecessary change. Didn't like Urlacher's departure, not 100% sold on BMs departure and never did like Fortes leaving. And then there's Lovie Smith. 😆 LOL

No doubt. Even I won't argue that. But it's too big of an if to risk when there are other positions of much greater need right now. Unfortunately, we don't know for certain what someone will do in the NFL. We, as Bears fans, know that better than most. Our front office and coaches have drafted poorly for decades. There is a reason the draft has often been said to be a 50/50 endeavor. What if he ends up being just 50-60% of LT or AP and Mackensie Alexander, for example, turns out to be 85% of Deion Sanders? It's too much uncertainty for me. I'd rather just have them draft need+BPA.

Yeah know who probably does know? The staff who has seen him practice a whole year.