OFFICIAL DRAFT DAY 2 THREAD

bradjock

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That might be a bit of an exaggeration. If either Whitehair or Ballard was picked in the first round, it was late. But I get what you're saying. Two really good players with lots of options for tomorrow. Can't wait!

Whitehair was rated the 17th best player

Bullard was rated the 27th best player by PFF

NFL.com has them 24 and 31.

Like I said, I'm not downgrading the picks. There could be moves on the OL to make it interesting for Whitehair and they do need a DE. I just really hate PFF. I question the quality of their graders and the bias, plus the lack of intangibles like who they are going up against, the situation and so on. There is so much left out out of the grades and how qualified are the guys that give the grades and their personal interpretation of the rules of how they grade.

Like I said, I'm not downgrading the picks. There could be moves on the OL to make it interesting for Whitehair and they do need a DE. I just really hate PFF. I question the quality of their graders and the bias, plus the lack of intangibles like who they are going up against, the situation and so on. There is so much left out out of the grades and how qualified are the guys that give the grades and their personal interpretation of the rules of how they grade.

Which is why I gave you another ranking where both guys are in the top 31.

I can go on and on about PFF but there's no need to hijack this thread

Which is why I gave you another ranking where both guys are in the top 31.

I can go on and on about PFF but there's no need to hijack this thread

And that's good. Like I said, I wasn't downgrading the picks. I wasn't trying to be negative about the picks.

I was just expressing my opinion of that site.

I'm hoping that is the plan otherwise I'm not a fan of the pick.......Unless they have no faith in Grasu and plan on playing Slaus or Whitehair there.

I hope he ends up staying at Guard and with the team. He is a nasty player, he's pretty darn great as a LG, he's so dang smart about all positions and reading a defense, and he's a solid leader. I've watched many videos and read many interviews with him. He's legitimately my favorite player on the Bears and one of my favorites in the league.

I'm hoping he plays LT. I like him there more than I like him at OG.

WHITEHAIR: i like this pick a lot.

our interior line is now set for years to come and can develop together as young players. we either have the best guard in the draft with the possibility of competing/moving to LOT. this anchors long in his best position at RG.

this means we have plenty of competition and depth for guard and center (larsen) if grassu doesn't pan out. we can take a year or two to bring whitehair up to speed if we need to. we have a stop gap RT which we can fill in next years draft or possibly fabuluje makes the stride we hoped for. we still have the question mark on LT. if whitehair fills in on that spot for depth or if he takes over the starting job we are a way better offensive line with a lot of depth.

the first pick was still tunsil but this blunts the pain somewhat.

Saw some rumors earlier today that Bears were trying to move Houston or Young. Now could see Slauson on which might mean even more picks tomorrow. Could be wild. Pace certainly wants to put his stamp on this team.

I can see moving Young, but Houston has dead space of nearly 4mil I believe. For some reason Slauson is in the dog house, not sure what it is. He is a fan favorite, but not managements.

Reading that a lot of Cody's best position might end up being center. Ya know what? The more I think about it, with how bad Grasu played last year, I really wouldn't mind them throwing in the towel on him already and going with a nasty interior line of Slaus-Whitehair-Long.

With his short arms, I highly doubt the plan is to play him at LT.

In no way am I downgrading the Bears picks with this comment, but PFF is crap.

PFF is a bit different in how they do their assessments. Gil Brandt who has been doing this draft stuff since forever and ranked Cody Whitehair #47 and Bullard #26 overall. At least one ranking on NFL.com shows Whitehair #43 overall and Bullard #47. Rankings this draft are all over the place and I know I can find one that has Whitehair as a 1st Rd pick. It's fair to say we got good to great value with two early 2nd Rd talents at the end of the 2nd Rd, and in the 3rd Rd.

Reading that a lot of Cody's best position might end up being center. Ya know what? The more I think about it, with how bad Grasu played last year, I really wouldn't mind them throwing in the towel on him already and going with a nasty interior line of Slaus-Whitehair-Long.

With his short arms, I highly doubt the plan is to play him at LT.

I dont think they are trying to push Slausson out but added to the mix to have the best players on the field. I think Grassu is a year or two away from being the regular center. He needs to bulk up and that doesnt always happen in one season. Dont rule out the moving of Long to LT, his potentially best position to play. If we end up with Long-Whitehair-Slausson-Larson-Massie, I think that would be an excellilent group going forward.

IF it stays Leno-Whitehair-Slausson-Long- Massie, that works well to.

I dont think they are trying to push Slausson out but added to the mix to have the best players on the field. I think Grassu is a year or two away from being the regular center. He needs to bulk up and that doesnt always happen in one season. Dont rule out the moving of Long to LT, his potentially best position to play. If we end up with Long-Whitehair-Slausson-Larson-Massie, I think that would be an excellilent group going forward.

Slauson is 30 years old, this could be a pick to bolster depth and future flexibility. With injuries on the oline it is highly likely that he will play at some position this year if he doesn't start. They are drafting for long term success.

Serious question:Is Whitehair our best swing tackle at the moment?

Everything I've read suggests that Whitehair can't play tackle in the NFL. He doesn't have the arm length.

In terms of tackle, Massie cannot play LT and Leno cannot play RT. My guess is we look at Fabuluje at swing tackle and we'll add a veteran.

Grass better be bulked up by trailing camp. No way it should take an NFL player more than a full off-season to get bulked up.

If we move Long, I just hope we make the switch now and not wait until after Labor Day to make the move.