One draft problem

jason

Just watched a video where they said Whitehair was definitely playing inside at OG. Maybe C. I'm not sure about this pick now. Is he a Slausson replacement? Is he a Grassu replacement? Doesn't matter the scenario, there is one problem remaining...

No LT to push Leno. Leno may end up being the worst starting position player on the team this year, and that's not something you want in your LT.

Just watched a video where they said Whitehair was definitely playing inside at OG. Maybe C. I'm not sure about this pick now. Is he a Slausson replacement? Is he a Grassu replacement? Doesn't matter the scenario, there is one problem remaining...

No LT to push Leno. Leno may end up being the worst starting position player on the team this year, and that's not something you want in your LT.

Jason Weaver and Nick Becton say hello.

jk....

Yeah, I figure it is going to be an open competition and if Leno struggles, they may have to consider Massie or Long on the left.

Guess them really liking Leno wasn't just a smoke screen. Will Beaty and Jake Long are still out there if they wanna kick the tires on those guys.

Still wouldn't rule out Long there. I know he's a Beast at guard, and he struggled a bit at RT but he was kinda pressed into the role late. With more time to prepare he could be a lot better.

Guess them really liking Leno wasn't just a smoke screen. Will Beaty and Jake Long are still out there if they wanna kick the tires on those guys.

Have to say, wouldn't it be great if Leno is a good serviceable LT for us for a few years?! Having faith on this one

On offense maybe, I think one of the DB starters will have him beat. A revamped front 7 may help that.

Did you notice that Whiehair plays G as well as LT? He might be the one who pushes Leno in camp. They also signed that guy from Texas State that can play both RT and LT as he did in a game.......during the game I watched they switched him on every other play

Did you notice that Whiehair plays G as well as LT? He might be the one who pushes Leno in camp. They also signed that guy from Texas State that can play both RT and LT as he did in a game.......during the game I watched they switched him on every other play

Oh, I noticed. In fact, I hoped he was being thought of as a LT. I said it after he was drafted.

The video, however, is from someone in the Bears organization - scouting director? - and they said he is not playing OT. He's definitely playing OG or C.

I don't feel great about a competition between Leno and an UDFA. Smells a little like Webb/Omiyale.

Oh, I noticed. In fact, I hoped he was being thought of as a LT. I said it after he was drafted.

The video, however, is from someone in the Bears organization - scouting director? - and they said he is not playing OT. He's definitely playing OG or C.

I don't feel great about a competition between Leno and an UDFA. Smells a little like Webb/Omiyale.

Bears were unable to pull the trigger on a developmental QB and immediately signed Hoyer as a stop gap solution.

I would not be at all surprised that in FA Part 2 they pick up a OT & TE to add to the competition at both positions, the only 2 positions that we all felt needed addressed and yet were not drafted.

I think Pace did an excellent job of bringing in some great talent to compete with the Vets for roster positions.

However, even with 9 draft picks you can only cover so many "needs".

I love the way he is systematically turning this roster over, making us more competitive, better team speed, more play makers, and younger.

I think this coaching staff sees what we see. If Leno isnt good enough there is some FAs avaiable than can get us through a year. I still think if Whitehair is good enough, they may try him at LT. His one negative is short arms, but that may still work out. I know they will put the best 5 on the field, and with more options that seems safely to say this will become a strength. Bectin is the backup right now, but lets see how it shakes out. I think all of our picks are not just for this year but our future. Our future line will be ??- Whitehair- Grassu-Long-Fabuluje . Leno could develop, but the guy may not be on the roster yet. It is a process. One thing is for sure they have addressed the Oline this year. Larson,Ramirez,Massie, and Whitehair

LT's don't fall out of the sky. And without a good one the entire line is in jeopardy. Particularly with a question mark at center. We've made progress but there's work to be done.

We actually were up for drafting Spriggs in the second when GB jumped ahead of us to grab him. We tried but at that point you are just grasping for air. If every spot is good but LT, we will just put a 6th body there to help him out, or roll out away from him. I do not know if Leno is any good, but this year we will find out. I heard Thayer rave about him with great potential, so lets see how it pans out.

Windy city gridiron does a sack watch every year and they only pinned 4.33(not sure how they come up with .33) sacks on Leno last year. I don't think it's crazy to think he gets better and turns into a serviceable LT. I'm sure they can throw some training camp snaps Long and Whitehairs way to put some pressure on Leno.

My hope is we see Leno-Slauson-Whitehair-Long-Massie, or possibly switch Whitehair and Slaus.

Windy city gridiron does a sack watch every year and they only pinned 4.33(not sure how they come up with .33) sacks on Leno last year. I don't think it's crazy to think he gets better and turns into a serviceable LT. I'm sure they can throw some training camp snaps Long and Whitehairs way to put some pressure on Leno.

My hope is we see Leno-Slauson-Whitehair-Long-Massie, or possibly switch Whitehair and Slaus.

My hope is Leno-Slauson-Grasu-Long-Massie. That would mean Grasu got better and is not a wasted pick. Then when Slauson's contract is up, Whitehair squeezes in at LG.

My hope is Leno-Slauson-Grasu-Long-Massie. That would mean Grasu got better and is not a wasted pick. Then when Slauson's contract is up, Whitehair squeezes in at LG.

I see slaossen playing center before whothair., he did well there last year.

I believe the .33 is part QB, part O-Line part RB or TE.

If you listen to the Bears podcast with Tom Thayer and Jim Miller leading up to the draft he had high praise for Leno and when callers called in talking about taking Ronnie Stanley although he liked the player he felt that Leno can develop into a top quality left tackle. Just because Leno was drafted high players can develop and although he struggled on the right side causing Long to play there I heard last year can't remember if it was hand strength or flexibility on one side of his body that he plays better on the left side of the line

If Thayer feels he can play there being a top level oline player I would image he could see if a player had ability to play the position.

If you listen to the Bears podcast with Tom Thayer and Jim Miller leading up to the draft he had high praise for Leno and when callers called in talking about taking Ronnie Stanley although he liked the player he felt that Leno can develop into a top quality left tackle. Just because Leno was drafted high players can develop and although he struggled on the right side causing Long to play there I heard last year can't remember if it was hand strength or flexibility on one side of his body that he plays better on the left side of the line

If Thayer feels he can play there being a top level oline player I would image he could see if a player had ability to play the position.

We actually were up for drafting Spriggs in the second when GB jumped ahead of us to grab him. We tried but at that point you are just grasping for air. If every spot is good but LT, we will just put a 6th body there to help him out, or roll out away from him. I do not know if Leno is any good, but this year we will find out. I heard Thayer rave about him with great potential, so lets see how it pans out.

While we can speculate, we can't just assume we wanted Spriggs. There's no evidence of this and there was a ton of REALLY good players available in round #2. The Bears were picking at #18. The Packers jumped all the way from #26 to #17. It's not like they went from 19 to 17. They were jumping multiple teams.

Honestly, when we traded down I thought we would have stayed and drafted Jarran Reed, which is who Seattle ended up taking.

Everyone is trying to figure out why we may not like Slausson.

We currently have 6 players who seem like a lock to make the team as a G/C and only 2 at OT. The simple solution would be to move Kyle Long to LT. Yes, he might be the best RG in football, but you could take any really good LT, move them to RG, and you'd be saying the same thing.

Tom Thayer is an employee of the Chicago Bears Network. He rarely criticizes any player on the roster like Hub Arkush used to and he saw what happened to him.

Tom Thayer is an employee of the Chicago Bears Network. He rarely criticizes any player on the roster like Hub Arkush used to and he saw what happened to him.

I honestly think Thayer likes the guy. I have heard him be team sensitive and still gave criticism