Slauson released

adam

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Slauson released per Instagram.

There has to be more to the story, I thought he played well last year. At 30 he is not over the hill, I dont mind them releasing the Bennetts and the Marshalls, but Slausson was still productive and a team type guy.

I see the younger, faster, but dont get this one.

My guess is they tried trading him yesterday and had no takers, but could have held onto him to see training camp injuries have him more value.

Do you think there up to something? I think maybe they have a LT in mind to sign or trade for need the cap space to make the move.

Do you think maybe something in the works for Eugene Monroe? They drafted Stanley, you think maybe we plan to trade the 4th round pick we got for next year to Bal. for Monroe?

He is not top 10 but at 29, he has several years left.He averages 8.7 mil over the next 3 years

Do you think there up to something? I think maybe they have a LT in mind to sign or trade for need the cap space to make the move.

Do you think maybe something in the works for Eugene Monroe? They drafted Stanley, you think maybe we plan to trade the 4th round pick we got for next year to Bal. for Monroe?

He is not top 10 but at 29, he has several years left.He averages 8.7 mil over the next 3 years

That was my initial thought as well, but it's not like they needed to release Rolle and Slauson to fit Monroe's salary (I don't think).

Seems like the Whitehair pick just created a problem that they had to fix in an unpopular way. Doubt Kyle Long loves this move.

Leming says there may be a health concern in the background of Slauson's release.

I really dont understand this one. Are the two OG's they signed this off season better than then Slauson?

Ive heard many of the Bears teamates speak very highly of Slauson, great teammmate....type of guy you want on the team.

I hope there is another move soon to make sense of this move.

I really dont understand this one. Are the two OG's they signed this off season better than then Slauson?

Ive heard many of the Bears teamates speak very highly of Slauson, great teammmate....type of guy you want on the team.

I hope there is another move soon to make sense of this move.

Greg Gabriel is on the score right now and he said some of the problem with Slauson is he doesnt fit the line scheme they are running. They require more athletic types that Slauson, doesnt fit. Also there is some medical history that leads to his future playing time. Also he was brought in from the last regime and they want there guys in to fit what there doing. This makes a little more sense.

Greg Gabriel is on the score right now and he said some of the problem with Slauson is he doesnt fit the line scheme they are running. They require more athletic types that Slauson, doesnt fit. Also there is some medical history that leads to his future playing time. Also he was brought in from the last regime and they want there guys in to fit what there doing. This makes a little more sense.

Lemmings posted on twitter, that they might need the cap space to finish a deal with Jeffery. They will front load a deal to use this year as the big hit.

Lemmings posted on twitter, that they might need the cap space to finish a deal with Jeffery. They will front load a deal to use this year as the big hit.

Heard some more interesting info from Gabriel, the reason they passed on the two Alabama DL was they were looking for DT with more speed. That starts to make alot of sense. Bullard brings more speed than Reed or Robinson. They are all in on speed and being more athletic.I am starting to understand their draft a little more.

Why didn't they wait until after camp? I get the Rolle cut, but Slauson was their best offensive lineman last year. This must just be an age thing. Weird.

They say there is a health issure going forward. He missed time the year before so it might be a degeneration problem.Also he has a better chance of catching on with someone now that waiting till training camp.

Why didn't they wait until after camp? I get the Rolle cut, but Slauson was their best offensive lineman last year. This must just be an age thing. We had a ton of depth before this release.

I think they are doing that out of respect for the vets, giving them a chance to find new teams.

I think they are doing that out of respect for the vets, giving them a chance to find new teams.

I dont like this move, but they are very serious about making over this roster. He didnt fit the Oline scheme, and had some health issues. I understand more at what there doing. Let me say, they are not done with changing the roster. There will be some other head scracters before its all done.

If they really wanted to do that, they should have done it before free agency started. As soon as we signed Manny Ramirez and Ted Lawson the rumors started it was because we wanted to dump Slauson. Those weren't even major deals.

If they really wanted to do that, they should have done it before free agency started. As soon as we signed Manny Ramirez and Ted Lawson the rumors started it was because we wanted to dump Slauson. Those weren't even major deals.

I think they probably told him but waited until they added a draftee before they did the damage.

That's just crazy. We have Jeffery slotted as a 16+ million cap hit for this year under the franchise tag. Supposedly, one of the biggestet reasons teams want to get a deal done instead of the franchise tag, is because the hit is too great. AFTER that 16 million tag, we STILL have close to 30 million to spend. Are we planning on Jeffery being a 40 million cap his this year? That's just crazy.

That's just crazy. We have Jeffery slotted as a 16+ million cap hit for this year under the franchise tag. Supposedly, one of the biggestet reasons teams want to get a deal done instead of the franchise tag, is because the hit is too great. AFTER that 16 million tag, we STILL have close to 30 million to spend. Are we planning on Jeffery being a 40 million cap his this year? That's just crazy.

What I am saying is give him his guaranteed money for a hit this year, and pay him like 9 mil for the average of his contract. Have it so this first year cap hit is 35 mil. and figure out a salary base more cap friendly moving forward.