Devin Hester Released By Atlanta

DGBears

Hester was just released by Atlanta and was curious what you guys thought about bringing him back? I know he's probably done and the kickoff is being phased out, but DEVIN HESTER, YOU ARE RIDICULOUS!

Sign him to a 1-day contract and let him retire a Bear.

Peace :bringit

Agreed.

I'd personally be fine with Hester giving it a go again for the Bears. Why not 'kick the tires' to see if he could do some more awesome returns for our team? No harm no foul. But I figure with his being older and Dave Toub no longer being with the team it wouldn't work out for him. (To me, Rodgers seems to be a bit blase in his schemes). It seems like a whole generation ago since he was here making a place for himself in the HOF.

Agree wholeheartedly that if he wants to come back and retire as a Bear, that would be a perfect close to his historic career.

At this point in his career I have no interest in bringing him back as a returner. If nobody else signs him and he wants to retire as a Bear that would be great. Then we let the Hall of Fame discussion begin in 5 years time.

I'd personally be fine with Hester giving it a go again for the Bears. Why not 'kick the tires' to see if he could do some more awesome returns for our team? No harm no foul. But I figure with his being older and Dave Toub no longer being with the team it wouldn't work out for him. (To me, Rodgers seems to be a bit blase in his schemes). It seems like a whole generation ago since he was here making a place for himself in the HOF.

Agree wholeheartedly that if he wants to come back and retire as a Bear, that would be a perfect close to his historic career.

We have young players in place to do that job, age is the equalizer when all good players, he's done.