Cutler still sucks

NAMEDSONPAYTON2

They certainly have addressed it, but you can't deny it's been bad any through 2 games.....I do think the line will start to mesh a lot more down the road.....Well the interior anyway. The tackles are gonna be a different story though.

Anyway, I love how there are like 24 posts in this thread and only 2 of them are talking about him having a broken thumb. Smh.

I'm 100% cool with making a change at Qb next year, but simply for cap purposes.....and because I kinda wanna watch one of them fancy running QBs.

I most definitely don't want one of those.

You wouldn't want Kizer or Watson?

I really like Chad Kelly too and even he breaks it down to run from time to time.

Being a big Norte Dame fan I love kizer but I'm not entirely sure he will be that franchise guy. And although he can run he's not a running style qb as he's always looking to throw before he even thinks about running. I don't know what it is. Call it gut feeling he doesn't translate to the NFL well

You wouldn't want Kizer or Watson?

I really like Chad Kelly too and even he breaks it down to run from time to time.

So far there as been only one successful runner type QB, Newton, some like Rodgers and Wilson can run but QBs that get hurt a lot so we dont want to encourage that in the NFL for a franchise QB.

Jason "c'mom man"! They drafted Whitehair (who was supposed to be a guard and is now the starting center) in the 2nd round. They paid big money for a perennial pro bowler in Sitton. They drafted Long in the 1st round a few years ago. Drafted his college teammate Grasu in the third round last year. What else do you need them to do? (by the way wasn't it Long that lobbied for Massie to join the team?) l

I don't think you can honestly say they haven't attempted to address the oline.

Do you ever notice, most of your posts are negative responds to anything. Life was meant to be enjoyed , lighten up.

Fine with me as long as they protect him.

Kizer, Watson, Kelly, Kaaya, and even Rudolph are names to watch. I wouldn't cut Cutler loose either until we had a trade with value. I have no problems going with any of these names right now as long as we get a legit franchise QB and build around him.

Jason "c'mom man"! They drafted Whitehair (who was supposed to be a guard and is now the starting center) in the 2nd round. They paid big money for a perennial pro bowler in Sitton. They drafted Long in the 1st round a few years ago. Drafted his college teammate Grasu in the third round last year. What else do you need them to do? (by the way wasn't it Long that lobbied for Massie to join the team?) l

I don't think you can honestly say they haven't attempted to address the oline.

Whitehair was put into the starting center spot the first week before the season started. Sitton wasnt added until a week before the season started. Yes they added some guys but it was not well planned out. I would have upgraded Leno, but what do I know (i have backed Cutler for a long time). Massie may have been pushed by Long but he is a OG not a GM. Hell they took a PRO BOWL OG and moved him to tackle(didnt work out to well), they havent really been killing it at the OLINE. Not too mention Long has a torn Labrum, so he isnt 100%.

Whitehair was put into the starting center spot the first week before the season started. Sitton wasnt added until a week before the season started. Yes they added some guys but it was not well planned out. I would have upgraded Leno, but what do I know (i have backed Cutler for a long time). Massie may have been pushed by Long but he is a OG not a GM. Hell they took a PRO BOWL OG and moved him to tackle(didnt work out to well), they havent really been killing it at the OLINE. Not too mention Long has a torn Labrum, so he isnt 100%.

Yup.

I think you've missed the point in this. Jason's claim is the Bears have done almost nothing to protect Jay cutler. I was showing how that was inaccurate. They drafted at least one (?) OLman in the top three positions of the last few drafts with the very intent to build a young oline and protect Jay and whatever QB later for years to come. Even when injuries came late in the preseason they signed a very suddenly available Sitton who has had a string of Pro Bowls on his resume. I think it safe to assume their every intent was to not only protect Jay but allow him to play efficiently .

So far the injuries and Jays (predictable) erratic play have countered those plans.

I'm not saying I want a run first QB. I just wanna see a guy who can occasionally break it down and give the offense a positive when everyone is covered.

Cutler can do that, but the problem is he has to do it on 85% of the plays. When the defense expects to get to the QB every other play, there is no real surprise when the QB runs.