Will the Bears win any more games?

jason

@ Detroit - The Bears beat the Lions earlier, but these teams are different since them. I'd say this is a sure loss.

vs. GB - I'd love for this to have been the win, and SF the loss, but the Bears already won. Also, GB has had the Bears' number for quite some time. Another loss.

vs. Wash - This is the most winnable game out of all of them. I have a feeling that Cousins will go off, but the Bears D will do just enough to make it competitive.

@ Minny - This game could be very significant for the Queens. It could mean the division title. Also, games in Minny are tough.

I think the Bears end 4-12. What is your take?

@ Detroit - The Bears beat the Lions earlier, but these teams are different since them. I'd say this is a sure loss.

vs. GB - I'd love for this to have been the win, and SF the loss, but the Bears already won. Also, GB has had the Bears' number for quite some time. Another loss.

vs. Wash - This is the most winnable game out of all of them. I have a feeling that Cousins will go off, but the Bears D will do just enough to make it competitive.

@ Minny - This game could be very significant for the Queens. It could mean the division title. Also, games in Minny are tough.

The boys have not given up so you know the saying "any given sunday".

I think we'll win one game but have no idea which one. The good news is that we'll have a better feel for what Barkley can do after meeting our division rivals. Detroit is playing good defense now. Overall the Vikings are 3rd in defense (yd/gm), Bears are 7th, Redskins 9th, Packers 14th, Lions 15th. Green Bay in particular, with all the ways their DC will mix up coverages and blitzes, will be interesting to watch. There will be mistakes made by Barkley and it will be interesting to see how he responds.

And

So the first question is a 'what if'. Currently the Bears are 2-1 in the division, 'what if' they were to at least repeat that record (in the division) and end up being 4-2 and out of the playoffs?

My guess is that of the remaining three inter-divisional games, we will actually lose to Detroit. They (specifically Stafford) are hot right now. In Detroit..nod Lions. With GB not sure that is a sure loss either. Bears played them tough in GB earlier this year and this game is in Chicago. If Barkley continues to play well and shines in a loss to Detroit, I see this being closer than most would expect. Seem to remember a similar situation this time last year and our team managed a win. With Minnesota; won't AJ and Freeman be eligible to play again by then? Could actually make a difference on both sides of the ball. I think Minnesota is at a place right now that they are pretty vulnerable. Not sure that playing for the division title will matter that much.

As far as Washington goes, think that Cousins is playing pretty solid right now and wouldn't be the least bit surprised if we lost that one.

Overall record when said and done; 5-11 with a 4-2 divisional.

For some reason, I think we beat Detroit... The desperately need the win, we will play loose. We win. Just a feeling...

GB I think is a loss as much as I'd love it to be a win.

I think Wash is one that we just won't have an answer for...

Minny I think is a loss.

Our luck we run the table and get a crappy pick and finish 7-9.

I think we split and finish at 5-11. I think we beat Detroit because Stafford is due a bad game and Floyd on turf should be fun. Then I think we win one of our last 3 but play all fairly close due to weather vs GB and WAS.

As losses and draft picks go, this one was done perfectly. The youngsters had some fight in them and made it a very close game. Barkley looked good again and did his job in the last two minutes to win the game. Bellamy came through again to save the draft pick. We have to bring Barkley into camp next year.

As losses and draft picks go, this one was done perfectly. The youngsters had some fight in them and made it a very close game. Barkley looked good again and did his job in the last two minutes to win the game. Bellamy came through again to save the draft pick. We have to bring Barkley into camp next year.

Precisely. Been saying it for a few weeks now. This team is better than people think, and if not for injuries/suspensions they'd be in the playoff hunt. Keep losing, show promise, get youngsters experience, and hope next year's draft is also a winner. This team could easily be back in the mix.

Precisely. Been saying it for a few weeks now. This team is better than people think, and if not for injuries/suspensions they'd be in the playoff hunt. Keep losing, show promise, get youngsters experience, and hope next year's draft is also a winner. This team could easily be back in the mix.

I agree with you, this team is better than most think. Injuries and poor start of the season and this season could be totally different.

BINGO!

Well, we did have a shot yesterday...so I think we drop 3 more. I think we play Minny tight, lose by a large margin to the Puckers, and Washington...I think fairly close.

For some reason, I think we beat Detroit... The desperately need the win, we will play loose. We win. Just a feeling...

GB I think is a loss as much as I'd love it to be a win.

I think Wash is one that we just won't have an answer for...

Minny I think is a loss.

I want us to be in all of these games. I think it says a lot for our team. If we get whooped, that is a bad way to finish the year and leaves a really bad taste in everyone's mouths (vs. having ending the season on a positive up). We've done a lot these past few weeks to reinstill faith in what the plan is, I don't want it to all come crashing down with three blowout losses.

I do think we are better than most think but I don't think we are ready to compete. Every team faces injuries. Granted we have had more than typical this yr but the over riding theme this yr has been the lack of depth. Something we desperately need. Pace has done a decent job so far and he needs to continue but he needs to find playmakers. Real game changers