Jimmy Garrapolo Trade

ASHKUM BEAR

Nope, do not want to take the risk he will be another Matt Cassel.

NE has built a strong team by trading away players who have succeeded in their system but seldom, if ever, continue that success with their new team.

Take the 1st round pick out of the deal, make it a 2nd round pick, straight up, nothing more, then I might consider it.

The only reason I would even consider that is because the FA & draft class for QBs this year really sucks. IMO.

The Patriots have put a price on Jimmy G, seems a little steep to me. They are looking for a 1st and 4th; what do you think?

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/now-that-...-162636351.html

HELL NO. Way too steep, even if the Bears had a mid to late 1st rounder. For the #3 pick in the draft? It would be atrocious, and a career-ending move for everyone in Bears' management, from GM down.

HELL NO. Way too steep, even if the Bears had a mid to late 1st rounder. For the #3 pick in the draft? It would be atrocious, and a career-ending move for everyone in Bears' management, from GM down.

Wow, even dumb ole me knows that would be a mega-bad trade. Hold firm and draft BPA and get a QB 2nd if necessary.

• 1 month later...

If this becomes a 2nd rounder only, do we do it? Is Garrapolo have more potential than Trubisky, Watson, or Kizer? Is the current staff (Fox) want to go thru a few years of a growing pains with a rookie QB or would they want someone more established? If not Garrapolo, what about Taylor or Glennon?

If this becomes a 2nd rounder only, do we do it? Is Garrapolo have more potential than Trubisky, Watson, or Kizer? Is the current staff (Fox) want to go thru a few years of a growing pains with a rookie QB or would they want someone more established? If not Garrapolo, what about Taylor or Glennon?

Sounds like rumors coming out of NE are that Jimmy G is not going anywhere. They never shopped him and only a reporter speculated what the price could be by going off of Bradfords deal.

Sounds like rumors coming out of NE are that Jimmy G is not going anywhere. They never shopped him and only a reporter speculated what the price could be by going off of Bradfords deal.

its hard to sort out the truth, will just have to wait and see.

I also seen one reason they would let him leave is because they like Brisset better.