NFL Free Agency thread

GakMan23

Alex Marvez

✔ ‎@alexmarvez

Not sure if out there but source tells @sn_nfl that @bears showing interest in @ravens RT Rick Wagner

11:47 AM - 7 Mar 2017

@alexmarvez · 2h2 hours ago

Not sure if out there but source tells @sn_nfl that @ChicagoBears expected to make push to sign @Vikings UFA WR @ceeflashpee84

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@alexmarvez · 2h2 hours ago

Not sure if out there but source tells @sn_nfl that @ChicagoBears expected to make push to sign @Vikings UFA WR @ceeflashpee84

Wasn't sure who this was reference to but it appears to be Patterson. Hmmm....

http://bearswire.usatoday.com/2017/03/07/b...elle-patterson/

Wasn't sure who this was reference to but it appears to be Patterson. Hmmm....

http://bearswire.usatoday.com/2017/03/07/b...elle-patterson/

Speed upgrade and special teams upgrade. I think there is upside in him as a wideout, but we better not be paying for that. Bears clearly lack game changing speed though and Patterson has that in spades.

Alex Marvez

✔ ‎@alexmarvez

Not sure if out there but source tells @sn_nfl that @bears showing interest in @ravens RT Rick Wagner

So in reading more up on this and knowing they 'spent' big on Massie last year, I see Pace had an escape clause in place. Maybe Pace knows what he's doing after all?

http://bearswire.usatoday.com/2017/03/07/b...e-ricky-wagner/

Speed upgrade and special teams upgrade. I think there is upside in him as a wideout, but we better not be paying for that. Bears clearly lack game changing speed though and Patterson has that in spades.

Yep. Same points being made in this article.

http://beargoggleson.com/2017/03/07/chicag...elle-patterson/

I'd love Patterson as the special teams returner. It's about time Ryan Pace took that position seriously. Also, give me Bouye over Gilmore. Gilmore has major consistency issues. Not a bad player, but not the guy I'd be throwing my money at if I had the choice between the two of them..

Gilmore is clearly more of a play maker than bouye.

Where would Glennon fit among this year's draft class?

http://draftbreakdown.com/video/mike-glenn...s-clemson-2012/

http://draftbreakdown.com/video/mike-glenn...-maryland-2012/

I'd say he'd be in the mix among the top 4 where they are all considered late 1st to 2nd Rd picks. Assuming the rumors of Glennon-Bears are true it appears Pace and Fox have decided that rather than give up valuable draft picks in a year stocked with defensive talent, and no QBs ready to play, they prefer to overpay the best FA QB option.

I'd say he'd be in the mix among the top 4 where they are all considered late 1st to 2nd Rd picks. Assuming the rumors of Glennon-Bears are true it appears Pace and Fox have decided that rather than give up valuable draft picks in a year stocked with defensive talent, and no QBs ready to play, they prefer to overpay the best FA QB option.

FWIW, the Saints were said to be very high on Glennon coming out of the draft. So Pace might still love him from back then and he views him as his guy.

I see the two egos clashing much sooner than later.

I have been trolling twitter and it seems to be the four players we are in play for are:

Gilmore/CB

DJ Sweanager/FS

Wagner/RT

Glennon/QB

If that is what we end up with , I would be okay with that.

Pace is big on not paying more than a value he sets like last year he wanted Jerkins/CB and Jackson/DE but would not go over his placed value.

I think this year he over pays for Gilmore and knows he has to do that , to secure a better Oline, paying Wagner would not be a bad thing.

Pace knows to move forward he needs a good Oline and Wagner would be one more piece.

Sweanger would be consider a up and coming ready to blossom player, I can buy that .I prefer Harmon from NE but they are doing the scouting not me.

Is it me or does this draft analysis list more negatives than positives?

That's pretty much Glennon. He can make all the throws you want from the pocket but at times he's holding onto the ball. In his defense his WRs in the game I watched usually couldn't get open so he had to throw into very tight windows unless a coverage was blown. What has he learned in 4 years?

Rapaport is saying the deal is pretty much done: 3yr, ~$15mil per year.

That's pretty much Glennon. He can make all the throws you want from the pocket but at times he's holding onto the ball. In his defense his WRs in the game I watched usually couldn't get open so he had to throw into very tight windows unless a coverage was blown. What has he learned in 4 years?

I thing that is to much but if it is basically a one year of guarantee money and be able to get out of it. Im ok with that.

Not sure I understand the logic in this. You have a 'known' with a Hoyer on the team but you're willing to spend that type of money (1 year deal or no) on a relative 'unknown' in Glennon. And that doesn't consider the guy hasn't played for 2-3 years? And there are no other suitors to boot? That should tell you something. This makes almost zero sense to me.

Granted I'm intrigued in Glennon but not enough to cobble this type of deal.

Not sure I understand the logic in this. You have a 'known' with a Hoyer on the team but you're willing to spend that type of money (1 year deal or no) on a relative 'unknown' in Glennon. And that doesn't consider the guy hasn't played for 2-3 years? And there are no other suitors to boot? That should tell you something. This makes almost zero sense to me.

Granted I'm intrigued in Glennon but not enough to cobble this type of deal.

[/quo

First of all, you know what Hoyer is, so why not take a chance on a upside of someone that may be better. Anthony Becht the game day pre and post announcer for the Bucs. He totally condemned the Bucs for drafting him and after watching him for 4 years had a lot of good things to say about him. There are a lot of people with opinions, but the ones closest to the stage may carry more weight in the argument. IF you compare the money to what we would have to spend for Cutler to have him back, it will not be out of line. I didnt like the idea at first but it gives us a another option that could be better than Hoyer, combine that with a draft pick and now we have two choices to improve the position. I heard it is 3 year 45 mil. If it is structured to be able to move on after one year the cost is immaterial . The truth is none of these QBs are rated as first round picks except because of the value of the position, so why not take opportunities to improve. We are not going to spend all of the money we have on the table this year. Buy this, add Jeffery back and then put some pieces in place to improve the defense.

So he's got a strong arm, stands in the pocket too long, gets happy feet when in the pocket for a while, and needs to learn to step up in the pocket. So basically a long-necked Cutler? Awesome. <_>

So he's got a strong arm, stands in the pocket too long, gets happy feet when in the pocket for a while, and needs to learn to step up in the pocket. So basically a long-necked Cutler? Awesome. <_>

I dont know if he is any good or not, but I dont really care, it aint my money and as long as we leave a out after the first year, it is just another unknown option. Any rookie will not be ready in year 1.

This whole 'you and me agreeing thing' has been going on FAR too long. It's starting to creep me out.