Trubisky Rumor

AZ54

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best draft I've seen in a while Jason. I've been working on my dream draft that centers around this trade and Watson at 12 .

I'm glad more posters are getting behind Watson and reinventing our offense.

Thanks. I'm not really behind Watson at #3. If they stay at #3, I want Jonathan Allen. But if they trade down, it's a perfect spot to grab the QB of the future and build an offense around him for the future.

I don't see how a QB is good at 12 and not at 3.

If u believe in a qb to lead your team into the future, then draft him as early as possible. If he isn't worth it, then don't waste a pick drafting him. It's not like every other position on the team where he can switch positions. Either he is good enough of a qb to take at 3 and be your teams future or not worth drafting.

Trubisky at 3 if available or don't give a darn about the draft for me

I don't see how a QB is good at 12 and not at 3.

If u believe in a qb to lead your team into the future, then draft him as early as possible. If he isn't worth it, then don't waste a pick drafting him. It's not like every other position on the team where he can switch positions. Either he is good enough of a qb to take at 3 and be your teams future or not worth drafting.

Trubisky at 3 if available or don't give a darn about the draft for me

Agreed and great point. Only difference for me is that I view Watson higher than Trubisky. Reason for that is his (Watson) track record. Not keen on the idea of Trubiskys starting record of only 13 games.

In the end though; if the team determines their #1 priority is QB and either Trubisky, Watson or Kizer fit that role; I'll support the pick at 3.

If they offered that WITHOUT the extra 6th, I shake their hand and turn in the trade within seconds.

1-12: Deshaun Watson, QB, Clemson - He might be there later, but why dick around?

2-33: Ryan Ramczyk, OT, Wisconsin - Got a franchise guy, now he needs protection.

2-37: Corey Davis, WR, Western Michigan - Got a franchise guy with protection, now he needs a favorite target.

2-53: Malik McDowell, DE/DT, Michigan State - Elite talent with some inconsistencies. He starts over Unrein and could rotate into NT in a pinch.

3-98: Desmond King, S, Iowa - Enough offense to make the franchise QB feel good, let's fill holes on D. King makes a good transition to S. Ball hawk.

4: Rasul Douglas, CB, West Virginia - Starting corner with good size, good instincts, and great on the break. A definite ball hawk.

4: Michael Roberts, TE, Toledo - Best blocking TE in the draft, to protect that franchise QB (sensing a trend?). He's also a dangerous red zone threat (16 TDs last year).

5: Chad Wheeler, OT, USC - His character concerns cause him to crash, but

. He lets defenders get into to his body too much, but otherwise I like what I see. One more guy to solidify the protection and make Watson feel relaxed in the pocket.

7: Chad Kelly, QB, Ole Miss - It's time to really invest in the QB position. Kelly has great skill and could stand to mature. Perfect bench QB with huge upside.

This is probably my favorite draft I've seen.

Agreed and great point. Only difference for me is that I view Watson higher than Trubisky. Reason for that is his (Watson) track record. Not keen on the idea of Trubiskys starting record of only 13 games.

In the end though; if the team determines their #1 priority is QB and either Trubisky, Watson or Kizer fit that role; I'll support the pick at 3.

Yea, I can see that being a sell to someone, but the things that Trubisky does better then Watson are the things I value most in a QB. It's a matter of preference, I could learn to like Watson if he was drafted, but for now I am on the Trubisky wagon.

If the Bears really do want Trubisky, than yes they should draft him.

What the Bears have is the upper bargaining chip with Cleveland. Cleveland is rumored to take Trubisky #1, that is how bad they want him. They are most likely feeling out the draft to were they can trade up to and still take Garrett #1. Like you said, they have discussed with NYJ. Jax at #4 has mentioned drafting Trubisky, that leaves the Bears at #3 to leapfrog Jax.

It comes down to how bad Cleveland wants him. The Bears can tell Cleveland they may take him at #3 but we also like another QB and can deal, how much are you willing to pay?

Yep. What if we trade out and Trubisky is awesome? I'm already tired of hearing, "The Bears had 3 picks in the 4th round and didn't draft Dak Prescott." Yep. And every other team passed on him at least 3 times.

Can you imagine if we trade out and he's great? Pace could never live that down..

Yep. What if we trade out and Trubisky is awesome? I'm already tired of hearing, "The Bears had 3 picks in the 4th round and didn't draft Dak Prescott." Yep. And every other team passed on him at least 3 times.

Can you imagine if we trade out and he's great? Pace could never live that down..

True, that's how we and the press would treat him, but I dont see him as one to act out of fear. I think hes going to do what he thinks is right based on the information he has now. I dont think he will hedge picks to be defensive about how it could look for him etc.

I think hes got his philosophies and hes going to play the draft the best way he can based on his scouts information and what his core beliefs are.

If they offered that WITHOUT the extra 6th, I shake their hand and turn in the trade within seconds.

1-12: Deshaun Watson, QB, Clemson - He might be there later, but why dick around?

2-33: Ryan Ramczyk, OT, Wisconsin - Got a franchise guy, now he needs protection.

2-37: Corey Davis, WR, Western Michigan - Got a franchise guy with protection, now he needs a favorite target.

2-53: Malik McDowell, DE/DT, Michigan State - Elite talent with some inconsistencies. He starts over Unrein and could rotate into NT in a pinch.

3-98: Desmond King, S, Iowa - Enough offense to make the franchise QB feel good, let's fill holes on D. King makes a good transition to S. Ball hawk.

4: Rasul Douglas, CB, West Virginia - Starting corner with good size, good instincts, and great on the break. A definite ball hawk.

4: Michael Roberts, TE, Toledo - Best blocking TE in the draft, to protect that franchise QB (sensing a trend?). He's also a dangerous red zone threat (16 TDs last year).

5: Chad Wheeler, OT, USC - His character concerns cause him to crash, but

. He lets defenders get into to his body too much, but otherwise I like what I see. One more guy to solidify the protection and make Watson feel relaxed in the pocket.

7: Chad Kelly, QB, Ole Miss - It's time to really invest in the QB position. Kelly has great skill and could stand to mature. Perfect bench QB with huge upside.

Not bad especially since Watson is first. (Have to say not a fan of Kelly's. Smells like Manziel too much). I'd rather see a high end safety drafted sooner (like in the second spot) but if this kid from Iowa fits the bill, what the heck? Getting Corey Davis would be a great steal. And why am I not shocked you have two OTs in your draft? 😳

'What if" Trubisky ends up being the Ryan Leaf to Watson or Kizer's Manning? Obviously not the best analogy but the point being, you go with what you know. Pace has experience as a scout and by now knows what his team needs based on his past experience paired with the team needs and the position he's held for the last three years.

When it comes down to it though, we really won't know what we got or misse on until the season starts. Personally to me, you can't trust the Mayocks, Kipers and other so called 'draft experts' to choose for you.

'What if" Trubisky ends up being the Ryan Leaf to Watson or Kizer's Manning? Obviously not the best analogy but the point being, you go with what you know. Pace has experience as a scout and by now knows what his team needs based on his past experience paired with the team needs and the position he's held for the last three years.

When it comes down to it though, we really won't know what we got or misse on until the season starts. Personally to me, you can't trust the Mayocks, Kipers and other so called 'draft experts' to choose for you.

Good point. Although I'll disagree with trusting the Mayocks and Kipers. Their job is to predict what 21 year olds will do when they reach the National Football League. The fact is that nobody knows for sure what the hell they will do once they are multi-millionaires with endoresments.

I don't know about you, but I was a complete drunken jackass when I was 21. Not the wise all knowing sage I am today

:rolleyes:

But getting back to you being right, Pace's seat is already getting warm. He has to do what he thinks is best or he'll be gone.

Good point. Although I'll disagree with trusting the Mayocks and Kipers. Their job is to predict what 21 year olds will do when they reach the National Football League. The fact is that nobody knows for sure what the hell they will do once they are multi-millionaires with endoresments.

I don't know about you, but I was a complete drunken jackass when I was 21. Not the wise all knowing sage I am today

:rolleyes:

But getting back to you being right, Pace's seat is already getting warm. He has to do what he thinks is best or he'll be gone.

Ha! I enlisted in the military at 17 and there's a whole lot of blank space until I was in my early 20s. But yeah, you're absolutely right. If I was given a gob of money I'd be that more of a jerk, especially at that age.

It really is a tough call being in those shoes. I've been a lot more wrong than right when I try to predict how well a kid will do in the NFL.

Not bad especially since Watson is first. (Have to say not a fan of Kelly's. Smells like Manziel too much). I'd rather see a high end safety drafted sooner (like in the second spot) but if this kid from Iowa fits the bill, what the heck? Getting Corey Davis would be a great steal. And why am I not shocked you have two OTs in your draft? 😳

That late, Kelly can smell like Manziel all he wants. If he turns into the good version, he's a huge steal. If he turns into the bad version, he's an easy cut.

As for the two OTs, you and every other Bears who wants a franchise QB should want the same. Haven't we proven the concept of putting a good QB behind a shit line enough times? The Bears have had one season of good OL play in forever, and that just happens to be the year the Bears went to the Super Bowl.

Well, that's completely flawed logic Jason. If you want Watson you'd be fine with him at#3 or#1 for that matter. Only wanting him at 12 all of a sudden makes him a good pick?...geez

Flawed logic in your opinion. I don't think it is.

I think there are a few guys that are much better talent overall than Watson, and even more than the other QBs. I think Watson at 3 is a reach, regardless of whether or not he's a potential franchise QB. Key word: potential. If the Bears move back to #12, it's assumed that handful of guys (e.g. Garrett, Allen, Adams, Hooker) is gone.

Going by your philosophy, anyone who likes a first round QB, regardless of position, should mortgage their entire franchise's future and move up to #1 in order to get their guy.

Going by your philosophy, anyone who likes a first round QB, regardless of position, should mortgage their entire franchise's future and move up to #1 in order to get their guy.

I totally agree they should, if there is a chance they won't get to draft him. If you see the QB for your franchise, you get him ASAP, and trade up if needed.

If you are worried about getting the best value for the pick when drafting a QB, he probably isn't worth wasting the draft pick on. At best you take a flyer on them in round 3 if you aren't sold on them. No reason to risk your first or 2nd round pick on a QB that you don't want to tie your franchise to.

Just because I'm curious; why is Trubisky (at QB) even THE topic of discussion? What has he done? Who has he played against? He's got what 13 games started under his belt and??? Is it because "experts" like Kiper and Mayock deem it so? He didn't play on an NFL style offense and of those 13 starts has a record of 8-5 so again, what gives? Granted I live in Alaska so it's possible I'm removed a bit from reality but still I wonder.

Of course if Cleveland or SFChicago thinks he worthy then fine by me.

fixed

Peter King‏ @SI_PeterKing 5h5 hours ago

Just finished writing why the Bears didn’t overpay for Trubisky for MMQB. I’m sure there will be widespread agreement.

Interesting, can't wait to see what Peter King says about the move.