Trubisky Rumor

AZ54

I still fully believe that we will draft a QB in the 1st round. I don't know which one or where we will pick him, but I don't see us not drafting a QB in the 1st round.

I can see it either way, but I agree I wouldnt be surprised at all. If a trade is involved, then so much the more likely, either down from #3 OR up from our second round, especially since a first round pick gets an extra contract year, so it's worth trading up from the 2nd round a few slots to the late 1st, even if your guy was still going to be there in the early second...

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're right. Not only is this draft weird, but the Bears draft needs are also. Pace brought in FAs to cover nearly every need. This draft is open to grab the best player available or reach on a difficult position to fill like QB. This draft has Garrett then about 10-12 players that can go anywhere in no order.

You are absolutely right that we are not really desperate at any position. The problem is that every position needs an upgrade. Let me put it this way, how many positions are we very happy with and set for at least the next two seasons? I can only think of two: ILB and OG. Which also happen to be considered two of the lesser valued positions in football.

So while we are not desperate, we need just about everything.

You are absolutely right that we are not really desperate at any position. The problem is that every position needs an upgrade. Let me put it this way, how many positions are we very happy with and set for at least the next two seasons? I can only think of two: ILB and OG. Which also happen to be considered two of the lesser valued positions in football.

So while we are not desperate, we need just about everything.

I think we are desperately in need of a franchise QB. I think we should draft QB's until we hit. Just call me the Jason of QB's...we need a franchise QB and I won't approve of any draft where we aren't taking a QB with one of our 1st two picks. And if they suck...go again in two years...and go again and keep going until we get it right. Now in this, we need to build a quality oline around them (which I think we have) and provide the player with quality coaching (I think we have it on the offensive side, but was more convinced when we had Gase) and of course give him the right weapons (Howard helps...but our receiving corps leaves a ton to be desired). We probably have the worse receiving corps in the NFL right now (I can't even factor in White until he proves he can be healthy and we know I have the same opinion of Zach Miller since he has proven he's never healthy...albeit he's great when he is). Meredith & Simms are the only young players with much upside and while Wheaton has some talent...he isn't anything overly special.

I think we are desperately in need of a franchise QB. I think we should draft QB's until we hit. Just call me the Jason of QB's...we need a franchise QB and I won't approve of any draft where we aren't taking a QB with one of our 1st two picks. And if they suck...go again in two years...and go again and keep going until we get it right. Now in this, we need to build a quality oline around them (which I think we have) and provide the player with quality coaching (I think we have it on the offensive side, but was more convinced when we had Gase) and of course give him the right weapons (Howard helps...but our receiving corps leaves a ton to be desired). We probably have the worse receiving corps in the NFL right now (I can't even factor in White until he proves he can be healthy and we know I have the same opinion of Zach Miller since he has proven he's never healthy...albeit he's great when he is). Meredith & Simms are the only young players with much upside and while Wheaton has some talent...he isn't anything overly special.

I agree. In fact I wouldnt be shocked if 3 of the top four picks go to QB, WR and TE.

I still fully believe that we will draft a QB in the 1st round. I don't know which one or where we will pick him, but I don't see us not drafting a QB in the 1st round.

They are doing the homework to find out who will be the best, but truth is, maybe they find out none of them will. They all have drawbacks. When a Andrew Luck comes out, it is very obvious, and his career has leveled off due to a lack of talent around him. You just never know who it may be , but I do not think #3 is the spot to take a chance just for sake of drafting a QB you do not believe will be special. If they do draft one, then they believe he can be, and i will trust them for it. If they are wrong, fired, if right, we make them heroes.

I wouldn't be too surprised if we go QB, OT, WR, TE with our top four pics

Agree on 3 of your four, thinking WR may be not such a priority since they did some patch work in FA. I believe the only reason you listed that position is because you are not sold on what they have currently. A safety has to be in the top 4.

Yea, I feel like the cupboard is pretty bare at that position. I'd love for white to be healthy and productive while Meredith was a huge surprise for me last year. The FA pickups are a plus though. I'd just hate to have a new qb and him have a lack of weapons to throw to. We'd then start judging him on the sum of his parts instead of his(qb) actual performance.

Yea, I feel like the cupboard is pretty bare at that position. I'd love for white to be healthy and productive while Meredith was a huge surprise for me last year. The FA pickups are a plus though. I'd just hate to have a new qb and him have a lack of weapons to throw to. We'd then start judging him on the sum of his parts instead of his(qb) actual performance.

I'm witcha and also feel there is no one that takes the safety out of the box for Howard.

I wouldn't be too surprised if we go QB, OT, WR, TE with our top four pics

I see this too if the player is too good too pass. A good pathess catching TE could also be that WR if we can get someone like Engram. Then maybe they draft a late rd WR. If they are moving Fuller or Hall to Safety, they may not draft one. They have many young bodies in the backfield, just no bluechips.

We have upgraded all of our needs, but think they take do BPA which means we will not be picking a QB at #3. If they value one worth the pick, I will be happy but, I have spent hours looking at information and most QB talk are based on need and truly do not have the value .

I think we go with 1) Thomas, Allen, or Adams

in two if one of the top QBs are left, not likely I would like us to grab Engram/TE. He will be a huge addition to our offense that will offset the potential lack of a true WR. This is Whites third year, and we forget he was views as a #1. Hopefully this is the year, he stays healthy.

In the third I see us grabbing a CB like a Cordrea Tankersley/CB or a OT prospect like Garcia or R. Johnson.

In the 4th we grab a QB prospect with worse odds at being successful but maybe we get lucky and find a Prescott. someone like Peterman or Dobbs.

Also in the 4th this is a spot to add a CB or OT prospect that we didnt grab in the 3rd. Players like Raul Douglas or Howard Wilson at CB . OT prospects like Conor McDermott or Adam Bisnowaty

In the 5th we could grab a WR prospect. K D Cannon and Kenny Golladay.

In the 7th, I suspect a another saftey or CB prospect to play ST. Xaiver Woods comes to mind.

so it looks this way

1) Adams/SS

2) Engram/TE

3) Cordrea Tankeersley/CB

4) Peterman/QB

4) Adam Bisnowaty/OT

5) Kenny Golladay/WR

7) Xaiver Woods/S

Depending how the board falls this could be drastically off but we fill some needs with this draft.

We did not add a DL but we still have releases after the draft of Veterans and maybe Bullard takes a step forward.( he was highly regarded coming out last year) some players just need more time and more strength.

We will bring a couple kickers so most positions are filled.

Some interesting tweets from Greg Gabriel:

Trubisky is not on Bears board

Allen is not in mix

If Garrett and Watson go 1& 2, Bears will go with Thomas.

He has some inside connections, but doubt the Bears would allow this to get out.

So that would say the Bears board is:

1. Garrett

2. Watson

3. Thomas

That could be. It could be smoke too. Aaron Lemming who does Scout Bears forum says he has sources that say Watson is Bears guy too.

Nobody knows anything, everybody's guessing.

I think Garrett will not make it to three.

If it is a QB it will be Watson early or Peterman/Dobbs late

the choice will be between Thomas or Allen

on the outside Adams.

I would say Hooker would be in play but the injuries drag him down.

Nobody knows anything, everybody's guessing.

I think Garrett will not make it to three.

If it is a QB it will be Watson early or Peterman/Dobbs late

the choice will be between Thomas or Allen

on the outside Adams.

I would say Hooker would be in play but the injuries drag him down.

They all guess like you and I do, but they get payed to do so. That is what make this week so much fun...until we say wtf

Some interesting tweets from Greg Gabriel:

Trubisky is not on Bears board

Allen is not in mix

If Garrett and Watson go 1& 2, Bears will go with Thomas.

He has some inside connections, but doubt the Bears would allow this to get out.

If Allen is not in the mix--the means we are concerned about his medical.

I can't remember ever seeing so much speculation about the #2 pick.

Tonight, Greg Gabriel is tweeting about the possibility of Cleveland trading up to 3 for Trubisky. The Bears would get 12, 33, & 53 in return. That comes about 40 pts shy on the trade chart, so maybe we get a 6th also. It is highly possible if Pace wants to give up 3. Bears can bluff Cleveland by suggesting they will take Trubisky to push them to deal. What could we draft with this? Is 3 too good to give up?

1-12

2-33

2-37

2-53

3-98

Tonight, Greg Gabriel is tweeting about the possibility of Cleveland trading up to 3 for Trubisky. The Bears would get 12, 33, & 53 in return. That comes about 40 pts shy on the trade chart, so maybe we get a 6th also. It is highly possible if Pace wants to give up 3. Bears can bluff Cleveland by suggesting they will take Trubisky to push them to deal. What could we draft with this? Is 3 too good to give up?

1-12

2-33

2-37

2-53

3-98

I would only do that if we could use 37 and another pick to move back into the first. So two 1st's and the #1 pick in the 2nd would be sweet. We could then go BPA twice and get a QB in the first 33 picks. That would be awesome.

1-12

2-33

2-37

2-53

3-98

I would be okay with that...presume we would be taking a QB @ 12. That said, I think it is possible that 3 QB's are gone before the 12th pick comes up. Watson, Mahomes, Trubisky are going in the first round. I see at least two of the Bills, Jets, and Cardinals drafting a QB (plus of course the Browns with one of there 1st two picks). Niners and Bears are wildcards. I don't know if Kizer goes in the 1st, but I'd be stunned if the other 3 QB's don't go in the 1st round.

Sidenote, If we did pass on guys, Pitt's QB impressed me a lot during Gruden's QB camp. Seemed very sharp.

I would be okay with that...presume we would be taking a QB @ 12. That said, I think it is possible that 3 QB's are gone before the 12th pick comes up. Watson, Mahomes, Trubisky are going in the first round. I see at least two of the Bills, Jets, and Cardinals drafting a QB (plus of course the Browns with one of there 1st two picks). Niners and Bears are wildcards. I don't know if Kizer goes in the 1st, but I'd be stunned if the other 3 QB's don't go in the 1st round.

Sidenote, If we did pass on guys, Pitt's QB impressed me a lot during Gruden's QB camp. Seemed very sharp.

I do not see the Cardinals drafting a QB in the 1st Rd. Carson Palmer decided to come back for one more year to have a shot at the Superbowl. It seems Arians with his health issues could be in the same boat, and possibly Fitzgerald. I can't imagine the conversation with Palmer in the offseason was centered on him returning and then helping the team win by finding his replacement. Maybe in the 2nd Rd they'll draft a QB but in the first I expect they'll be drafting someone they think will help them win this year.

Jets are a possibility but after putting so many resources into QBs lately I tend to think their management and coaches are in a spot where they must find immediate help this year. No QB is ready to help them.

Buffalo might be tempted to draft a QB. That doesn't appear to be at the top of the fans' wish list.

http://billswire.usatoday.com/2017/04/25/n...ream-scenarios/

1-12

2-33

2-37

2-53

3-98

I'm good with this trade. The trade chart is a guideline not something that is set in stone. With so many teams looking to trade back because of the depth of this draft, and thus little reason for many teams to move up, it simply drops the market value of the early picks.

Three 2nd Rd picks gives Pace tons of flexibility to maneuver anywhere he wants to be in the rest of the draft.

1-12

2-33

2-37

2-53

3-98

IF there is any truth to this rumor it begs the question of why. There is a little rumor of the Bears liking Trubisky but he's also the QB we've spent the least time with among the top 4. On the flip side we've been very active around Watson, Mahomes, and Kizer. If we want Trubisky we'd just stay at #3 and take him, why trade back with Cleveland? Prior to this Cleveland was reportedly in talks with the Jets to trade up to #6.

Apparently there are some rumors of the Jaguars being very interested in taking Watson at #4.

http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2017/4/25/154...-could-take-him

I've felt all along that Watson's leadership is the better fit for Cleveland (I'm sure I'll get change back on my 2 cents) so perhaps all this talk of Trubisky is smoke when their real target has been Watson all along.

Thursday is going to be very interesting.

1-12

2-33

2-37

2-53

3-98

If they offered that WITHOUT the extra 6th, I shake their hand and turn in the trade within seconds.

1-12: Deshaun Watson, QB, Clemson - He might be there later, but why dick around?

2-33: Ryan Ramczyk, OT, Wisconsin - Got a franchise guy, now he needs protection.

2-37: Corey Davis, WR, Western Michigan - Got a franchise guy with protection, now he needs a favorite target.

2-53: Malik McDowell, DE/DT, Michigan State - Elite talent with some inconsistencies. He starts over Unrein and could rotate into NT in a pinch.

3-98: Desmond King, S, Iowa - Enough offense to make the franchise QB feel good, let's fill holes on D. King makes a good transition to S. Ball hawk.

4: Rasul Douglas, CB, West Virginia - Starting corner with good size, good instincts, and great on the break. A definite ball hawk.

4: Michael Roberts, TE, Toledo - Best blocking TE in the draft, to protect that franchise QB (sensing a trend?). He's also a dangerous red zone threat (16 TDs last year).

5: Chad Wheeler, OT, USC - His character concerns cause him to crash, but

. He lets defenders get into to his body too much, but otherwise I like what I see. One more guy to solidify the protection and make Watson feel relaxed in the pocket.

7: Chad Kelly, QB, Ole Miss - It's time to really invest in the QB position. Kelly has great skill and could stand to mature. Perfect bench QB with huge upside.

. If we want Trubisky we'd just stay at #3 and take him, why trade back with Cleveland?

If the Bears really do want Trubisky, than yes they should draft him.

What the Bears have is the upper bargaining chip with Cleveland. Cleveland is rumored to take Trubisky #1, that is how bad they want him. They are most likely feeling out the draft to were they can trade up to and still take Garrett #1. Like you said, they have discussed with NYJ. Jax at #4 has mentioned drafting Trubisky, that leaves the Bears at #3 to leapfrog Jax.

It comes down to how bad Cleveland wants him. The Bears can tell Cleveland they may take him at #3 but we also like another QB and can deal, how much are you willing to pay?