One Last Guess

dawhizz

Pace talked a lot today about drafting players with top intangibles, who fit the positive "vibe" in the locker room, and wanting to immediately get better. I'm taking that to heart here when I try a draft that makes sense and that Pace might be trying to pull off based on that criteria. I'm assuming no trades, though I'm sure the Bears would love to trade down in the first and then back into the first to get Kizer.

1) Jamal Adams, S, LSU - Clean medicals, solid player, and reportedly one of the best leaders LSU has had in a decade. Hooker is a better pass defender, but Bears were worse in run defense than pass defense last year, and Adams is a better pass defender than Hooker is a tackler/run defender. Plus, you don't want to draft scared, but Hooker's medical questions are hard for me to overlook and maybe even harder for Pace to overlook.

2) Evan Engram, TE, Ole Miss - Bears have reportedly done a ton of work him and he can help at TE and outside receiver.

3) Josh Dobbs, QB, Tennessee - Top leader, smart guy, great arm, and plenty of starts under his belt. Plus, his running ability can give him some experience this year in short yardage/goal line situations.

4) Chris Godwin, WR, Penn State - Doesn't have great size or speed, but gets the job done, particularly in big games, and great team player who is an asset blocking.

4) Dalvin Tomlinson, DE, Alabama - Smart versatile defensive leader. Can be a run stuffing compliment to Bullard on the end or kick inside on passing downs.

5) Cam Sutton, CB, Tennessee - In a deep CB draft, someone will tumble. Sutton's probably more of a nickel with fringe outside corner size and is coming off an injury, but if healthy he's got starter ability. Team captain.

7) Cameron Lee, OT, Illinois State - Developmentsl tackle with great size who is more technically sound than lots of small school guys and hasn't missed a practice or game in two years.

This will surely be obsolete in 24 hours . . .

Pace talked a lot today about drafting players with top intangibles, who fit the positive "vibe" in the locker room, and wanting to immediately get better. I'm taking that to heart here when I try a draft that makes sense and that Pace might be trying to pull off based on that criteria. I'm assuming no trades, though I'm sure the Bears would love to trade down in the first and then back into the first to get Kizer.

1) Jamal Adams, S, LSU - Clean medicals, solid player, and reportedly one of the best leaders LSU has had in a decade. Hooker is a better pass defender, but Bears were worse in run defense than pass defense last year, and Adams is a better pass defender than Hooker is a tackler/run defender. Plus, you don't want to draft scared, but Hooker's medical questions are hard for me to overlook and maybe even harder for Pace to overlook.

2) Evan Engram, TE, Ole Miss - Bears have reportedly done a ton of work him and he can help at TE and outside receiver.

3) Josh Dobbs, QB, Tennessee - Top leader, smart guy, great arm, and plenty of starts under his belt. Plus, his running ability can give him some experience this year in short yardage/goal line situations.

4) Chris Godwin, WR, Penn State - Doesn't have great size or speed, but gets the job done, particularly in big games, and great team player who is an asset blocking.

4) Dalvin Tomlinson, DE, Alabama - Smart versatile defensive leader. Can be a run stuffing compliment to Bullard on the end or kick inside on passing downs.

5) Cam Sutton, CB, Tennessee - In a deep CB draft, someone will tumble. Sutton's probably more of a nickel with fringe outside corner size and is coming off an injury, but if healthy he's got starter ability. Team captain.

7) Cameron Lee, OT, Illinois State - Developmentsl tackle with great size who is more technically sound than lots of small school guys and hasn't missed a practice or game in two years.

Good analysis. And I love drafting Cameron Lee the Illinois State guy.

As for Jamal Adams, is it just me, or in the last 24 hours everything has shifted to, "The Bears will draft Jamal Adams."

Assuming that is true, we still don't know what San Fran is going to do.

Good analysis. And I love drafting Cameron Lee the Illinois State guy.

As for Jamal Adams, is it just me, or in the last 24 hours everything has shifted to, "The Bears will draft Jamal Adams."

Assuming that is true, we still don't know what San Fran is going to do.

There is quite a few analysts who are split between Adams and Thomas. Mayock has Lattimore going to the Bears.

There is quite a few analysts who are split between Adams and Thomas. Mayock has Lattimore going to the Bears.

Out of all the realistic names (which excludes guys like OJ Howard), Lattimore makes me the most sick. That would be a horrible pick. With Cooper, Amukamara, Fuller, and LeBlanc, the Bears have enough depth and talent that they don't need to pick a CB until the mid-rounds.

Out of all the realistic names (which excludes guys like OJ Howard), Lattimore makes me the most sick. That would be a horrible pick. With Cooper, Amukamara, Fuller, and LeBlanc, the Bears have enough depth and talent that they don't need to pick a CB until the mid-rounds.

I agree and what scares me is when I feel like this about a player going into the draft more often than not that is who the Bears select. I pray it is not so.........

I agree. If we go DB with our #3 pick I'd rather it be one of Adams or Hooker (in that order). Both are rare talents and would bring game changing abilities to the secondary provided Hooker stays healthy. We have two wild cards picking ahead of us who the heck knows what Cleveland will do, it's Cleveland nuff said. Niners could go any number of ways and will depend a lot on what the Browns do at 1. Who knows we could be sitting at 3 with Garrett on the board.

That may be my most favorite draft.

At 1 )tribusky

At 2) Leonard fournette

Bears. Myles Garrett

More wishful thinking, we end up with Solomon Thomas

Fox and Fangio has the new Vonn Miller

I've heard and read disappointing things about Cooper, and think he should be no more than depth. Prince isn't a #1 and isn't a long term option either. Fuller is Fuller, if they do go Lattimore, I would honestly like to see Fuller at safety. LeBlanc is pretty meh to me.

He's not my first choice, but I would have zero problem drafting Lattimore.

Since it's just Rd 1 today I'm only forced to make one pick: Jamal Adams FS/SS/UltraSafety (didn't we used to have the Ultra Back?)

I do not see Cleveland moving all the way up to #3 to select Trubisky, much less #2. I suspect all their shopping around is to see who, if anyone, will move down and accept a pick or picks from next year's draft.

If the 49ers are stuck at #2 I think Thomas is their pick. They don't have a decent DE for their scheme and Thomas is that at LDE.

Bears simply go BPA and Need and bring home a stud DB.

I've heard and read disappointing things about Cooper, and think he should be no more than depth. Prince isn't a #1 and isn't a long term option either. Fuller is Fuller, if they do go Lattimore, I would honestly like to see Fuller at safety. LeBlanc is pretty meh to me.

He's not my first choice, but I would have zero problem drafting Lattimore.

You don't sign a guy to a $6M contract for depth. Coop's starting. And Prince isn't a #1, but he's a fine #2. He's been solid his entire career, but gets a bad rap for not living up to the draft status. Fuller, yeah, I agree he's been a disappointment. But as the #3 guy, he's solid. You're right about duration, however, because none are long term. LeBlanc on the other hand is someone the staff appears to love, so he's not going anywhere.

Lattimore would just make very little sense when considering team need in conjunction with BPA.

For the first round either (in no particular order); Watson, Adams, Howard or Mike Williams/Reuben Foster if later in the first round. Why Mike Williams? Well he's a pretty good WR and apparently a high character guy.

Really though just about any Alabama defender depending on where in the first round we end up.