RB Depth Chart

jason

After the first preseason game, one thing is clear: The RB depth chart is going to get interesting.

Howard is locked in at #1, but Cohen was damn impressive. I thought Carey was pretty damn impressive in limited carries as well.

Cunningham may have surprised some with his one big run, and for his sake it better over shadow the rest. He didn't look all that explosive to me. In fact, when he came in after Cohen is looked like a significant slow down.

Right now I'd say Carey is #2, Cohen is #3, and Cunningham is fighting with Langford for #4.

After the first preseason game, one thing is clear: The RB depth chart is going to get interesting.

Howard is locked in at #2, but Cohen was damn impressive. I thought Carey was pretty damn impressive in limited carries as well.

Cunningham may have surprised some with his one big run, and for his sake it better over shadow the rest. He didn't look all that explosive to me. In fact, when he came in after Cohen is looked like a significant slow down.

Right now I'd say Carey is #2, Cohen is #3, and Cunningham is fighting with Langford for #4.

they keep trying to get rid of Carey but he keeps coming back. I suspect after Howard and Cohen, it will be who has the most upside with STs . think Langsford is all but gone.

Langford is an easy cut candidate. With the emergence of Howard, he seems like the odd man out. I am sure there are a few needy RB teams that would take a flyer for him.

I would say WR is going to be another interesting battle. Meredith, White, Wright, Cruz, Wheaton, Gentry, Bellamy?

Langford is an easy cut candidate. With the emergence of Howard, he seems like the odd man out. I am sure there are a few needy RB teams that would take a flyer for him.

I would say WR is going to be another interesting battle. Meredith, White, Wright, Cruz, Wheaton, Gentry, Bellamy?

I really want to see what Wheaton can do but if he can't get healthy here soon he's gone I think. So is bellamy

I really want to see what Wheaton can do but if he can't get healthy here soon he's gone I think. So is bellamy

It seems like Wheaton has a skill-set that will keep him around, which is his speed. We really don't have a downfield threat with his speed. I sure hope Wheaton gets healthy cause it is nice to have someone who can stretch the field, but didn't he have health issues with the Steelers as well? I remember him being one of those guys the Steelers thought was going to emerge into a really good threat, but he was never able to take that next step forward.

It seems like Wheaton has a skill-set that will keep him around, which is his speed. We really don't have a downfield threat with his speed. I sure hope Wheaton gets healthy cause it is nice to have someone who can stretch the field, but didn't he have health issues with the Steelers as well? I remember him being one of those guys the Steelers thought was going to emerge into a really good threat, but he was never able to take that next step forward.

Yes he missed all of last yr but don't remember what for

Langford is going to get cut. Howard is the surefire #1, and it looks like Tarik Cohen is going to be the #2, as his role in the offense is projected to be very large. Carey and Cunningham all have special teams experience, which Langford does not. He's the odd man out, in my opinion—especially if he can't get back on the field before pre-season is over.

Langford is going to get cut. Howard is the surefire #1, and it looks like Tarik Cohen is going to be the #2, as his role in the offense is projected to be very large. Carey and Cunningham all have special teams experience, which Langford does not. He's the odd man out, in my opinion—especially if he can't get back on the field before pre-season is over.

I'm starting to think your right after I heard last night he suffered another injury. Considered to be minor except he won't play tonight

I also think the combo of Howard-Carey-Cohen-Cunningham provide the biggest diversity as a group that we have had in a long time. All have very unique strengths.

I love the 1-2 punch that I think Howard and Cohen can bring. Just thinking of the possibility of Howard and the offense softening up the dline and then Cohen breaking of that 40-50 yd Run or catch. It does appear that Cohen has great hands out of the back field. Then you got Carey who is a solid contributer and a great special teams player. Want to see more of Cunningham but he did look like he had that burst

That is Kevin White's description as well.

I might go as far as to say Cohen looks like he could be a legit #1 type back if he can prove to handle the heavier workload. Right now at least, he is clearly no worse than the 2nd best RB on this roster. The moves he showed off tonight got me all kinds of excited. I thought he might break one of those for a long TD run. Bouncing on guys left and right. He's so much fun to watch out there. I can definitely see some Darren Sproles in him.

Update:

Tarik Cohen has FIRMLY placed himself at the #2 spot. There is no doubt whatsoever he's going to get serious touches this year.

Love the excitement he brings. Would love to see Trubisky get a shot with the first string to see how this offense can really move. Glennon gives the WRs no chance and the running game could be that much better if they had that threat.