Bears at Cardinals Preseason Game #2 Thread

adam

First score of the game on 2nd drive (a FG by Barth) , all Cohen so far who looks amazing. Glennon with all short passes, 4-5 for 10 yards and his incompletion was thrown right at a defender for a near interception.

After two drives against Cards #1 offense, the defense has been solid forcing two punts. Some nice pressure from the front 7.

Wow, Cut...um I mean Glennon, rolls out and throws into triple coverage and somehow it is not intercepted and returned for a pick 6. Then on the next play he doesn't let the screen develop and throws it to Carey who is covered.

I hope that's the last we see of Glennon, I've seen enough. He is the worst parts of Cutler and Hoyer but less mobile.

Bears leave Glennon in and he leads them on a short drive that leads to his first TD pass to Kendall Wright.

Even with that TD, all of his completions have been very basic and short.

The defense has been borderline dominant, a ton of pressure, and stuffing the run.

Bears leave Glennon in and he leads them on a short drive that leads to his first TD pass to Kendall Wright.

Even with that TD, all of his completions have been very basic and short.

The defense has been borderline dominant, a ton of pressure, and stuffing the run.

Got to love that up to this point everyone has agreed we have a good front 7 and we have seen the front 7 look good. Palmer never looked comfortable back there at all. But unfortunately if the front 7 can't get home then our secondary is going to get lit up. Constantly leaving guys open. Fuller got pass PB that looked like borderline pass interference.

LeBlanc gets robbed on a fumble/interception that was returned for a TD. They ruled down by contact but the WR never had full control.

I honestly think the refs made the right call on that one. To me if appeared his knee was down just before the ball came loose. I will concede that none of the shots I saw were conclusive for sure

Wow, Cut...um I mean Glennon, rolls out and throws into triple coverage and somehow it is not intercepted and returned for a pick 6. Then on the next play he doesn't let the screen develop and throws it to Carey who is covered.

I hope that's the last we see of Glennon, I've seen enough. He is the worst parts of Cutler and Hoyer but less mobile.

Who do you want to start week 1?

Peace :dabears

How did trubisky look? I had the biggest event in our town going on, couldnt watch the game

He played ok. It was tough to judge him because of how bad his oline was and the play calling was ridiculous IMO. Kept calling runs instead of letting him do what he can do. He did throw the game winning TD though and did lead us on another FG try that agueyo just missed by a mile and might have been the worst try I've seen in a long time where the snap and placement were good

How did trubisky look? I had the biggest event in our town going on, couldnt watch the game

Not as sharp as last week, but some had to do with the shitty playcalling and garbage OL he was playing with. There were too many run plays called on 1st and 2nd down that resulted in negative yardage, putting him in long distance situations. His ball placement wasn't as good. A lot of his pass attempts were towards the ankles of the receivers, and two of his passes were put in harm's way. One almost got picked near the sideline (although the receiver slipped coming back to the ball, which messed up the timing), and the other was on a deep pass that was thrown too far to the inside and not towards the sideline where only the receiver could make a play.

Despite all that, he still ended up completed 75% of his passes (6 for 8 for 60 yards and 1 TD). The kid has talent. I do think that he was having a bit of trouble identifying Arizona's exotic blitz packages. That's something to keep an eye on for later if he were ever to play in a regular season game. That's to be expected for most rookies, though. That'll come with time.

Not as sharp as last week, but some had to do with the shitty playcalling and garbage OL he was playing with. There were too many run plays called on 1st and 2nd down that resulted in negative yardage, putting him in long distance situations. His ball placement wasn't as good. A lot of his pass attempts were towards the ankles of the receivers, and two of his passes were put in harm's way. One almost got picked near the sideline (although the receiver slipped coming back to the ball, which messed up the timing), and the other was on a deep pass that was thrown too far to the inside and not towards the sideline where only the receiver could make a play.

Despite all that, he still ended up completed 75% of his passes (6 for 8 for 60 yards and 1 TD). The kid has talent. I do think that he was having a bit of trouble identifying Arizona's exotic blitz packages. That's something to keep an eye on for later if he were ever to play in a regular season game. That's to be expected for most rookies, though. That'll come with time.

Glennon will start the season and will be okay, not flashy and very average. It is clear to see Trubisky needs some time to adjust. It will all fall into place at the right time. We will run the ball and have a west coast type offense, with a top 10 defense, we will not be 0-5 to start the season.

Glennon will be serviceable at best and I assume he gets the start for the first few games. He has familiarity with Atlanta coming from TB, so that should help for Game 1. I see several red flags with Glennon that he needs to fix:

1. Most of his throws are initial reads or his first option. On his INT, he locked onto that WR the entire time making it easy for a defender to jump the route

2. He has a tendency to double clutch or tap the ball, which makes his throws late or behind the receivers, watch his incompletions

3. With his height, the play action, is very mechanical and slow...same for the bootleg rollout

4. I don't know if he has thrown a completion past 10 yards in the air (even though some have gone longer with RAC), which is concerning for the running game

5. Confidence...or lack thereof, I can't imagine Glennon himself, or the rest of the team is really confident when he is out there (speculation), because I know I am not

I hope he improves with more time in the offense.

Can anybody explain to me why Kevin White is only playing with the #1's in pre-season? He's done absolutely nothing to deserve the early exit treatment. He needs ALL the reps he can get, and in my opinion, he should be out there for the majority of all these pre-season games until he at least does SOMETHING out there to spark a boost in confidence.

The Bears should be doing this with both White and Trubisky. Enough with this Mark Sanchez crap. You can't tell me a single employee in the Bears organization thinks getting Mark Sanchez these meaningless reps in pre-season games is better for Trubisky for the present or the future. The way this thing has been set up so far in pre-season almost makes it look like the Bears are purposely going out of their way to avoid a QB controversy at all costs. Instead of winning football games, they are more focused on silencing the noise. I don't like it.

Last thing, is there any reason why Victor Cruz barely played last night despite being their best receiver? Is John Fox blind? I know the guy has been perpetually injured since his 4th year in the league, but they're treating him like he's some no name guy without much of a chance to make a roster. It just seems weird to me that the Bears haven't given him much of a chance to play with the 1's more.

Who do you want to start week 1?

Peace :dabears

I haven't even watched the game yet and my answer is Trubisky. I've been opposed since the beginning to how the Bears handled the QB process this offseason, and I still think they screwed up.

The guy who should start week 1 is Trubisky. Let him get his lumps. Let him learn from a ton of reps. Yeah, yeah, yeah, Aaron Rodgers, blah blah blah, but that's just not reality for most first round QBs, particularly those selected in the top 5. Just about any player at any level will tell you experience is the best teacher. He needs reps. Put him in week 1.

I haven't even watched the game yet and my answer is Trubisky. I've been opposed since the beginning to how the Bears handled the QB process this offseason, and I still think they screwed up.

The guy who should start week 1 is Trubisky. Let him get his lumps. Let him learn from a ton of reps. Yeah, yeah, yeah, Aaron Rodgers, blah blah blah, but that's just not reality for most first round QBs, particularly those selected in the top 5. Just about any player at any level will tell you experience is the best teacher. He needs reps. Put him in week 1.

Again, Jason and I agree. Now it must be because of the eclipse. Gotta go Trubisky at this point. I know a little mud will be on Paces face to have invested what he did with Glennon but at this point having him stay in is actually worse for the team. Like Jason says when you draft a skill player as high as the Bears did you just about MUST start them on day 1. Similar to how they should've started KW three years ago but couldn't. And similar to how they did with Floyd last year.

But to be sure we are really seeing what we're seeing; Trubisky hasn't really been tested yet. This is the same offense that both Barkley and Hoyer looked decent in last year. And Trub has yet to play a 1st team defense in a "real" game. One thing I did notice is they're actually using the heralded zone offense we kept hearing about. Lots of bootlegs and roll outs. The same scheme they were supposed to use with Cutler but never really got off the ground.

No doubt this style plays better to Trubs style or at least ability. Glennon is more a pocket passer and looks ridiculous on the move. Hindsight being what it is I wish now they had signed Gabbert instead of Glennon. That kid has some good mobility and would look much better playing this scheme. And please someone flush Sanchez now!!! Even him wearing #6 makes it harder to feel like we've turned the page on the 'great mistake'.

I think it is a mistake to rush Trubisky. He's shown a ton...but taking lumps isn't always a good thing and I think it is better for Trubisky to be in a position where he can truly learn from his lumps. I want to maximize his reps in the preseason though, where he is more then prepared to go against 2nd stringers.

I think it is a mistake to rush Trubisky. He's shown a ton...but taking lumps isn't always a good thing and I think it is better for Trubisky to be in a position where he can truly learn from his lumps. I want to maximize his reps in the preseason though, where he is more then prepared to go against 2nd stringers.

completely agree. we are not a superbowl contender, although i think it's a good possibility we can make the playoffs, so there is no NEED to rush him into the lineup. that is how you take a real chance to ruin a raw qb. give him some time and we could have a decade player who is more than average.

who cares where he was drafted or how other draftee's compare. let's do the right thing for once and win the war, not the battle.

Can anybody explain to me why Kevin White is only playing with the #1's in pre-season? He's done absolutely nothing to deserve the early exit treatment. He needs ALL the reps he can get, and in my opinion, he should be out there for the majority of all these pre-season games until he at least does SOMETHING out there to spark a boost in confidence.

The Bears should be doing this with both White and Trubisky. Enough with this Mark Sanchez crap. You can't tell me a single employee in the Bears organization thinks getting Mark Sanchez these meaningless reps in pre-season games is better for Trubisky for the present or the future. The way this thing has been set up so far in pre-season almost makes it look like the Bears are purposely going out of their way to avoid a QB controversy at all costs. Instead of winning football games, they are more focused on silencing the noise. I don't like it.

Last thing, is there any reason why Victor Cruz barely played last night despite being their best receiver? Is John Fox blind? I know the guy has been perpetually injured since his 4th year in the league, but they're treating him like he's some no name guy without much of a chance to make a roster. It just seems weird to me that the Bears haven't given him much of a chance to play with the 1's more.

I don't think you'll get any real answers there. I feel ya though.

I don't mind Trubisky sitting the first 5 games. The schedule is brutal! But for the whole season I don't know if it makes a huge difference. Glennons not Farve so the Rogers analogy as they say doesn't work for me.

I don't think you'll get any real answers there. I feel ya though.

I don't mind Trubisky sitting the first 5 games. The schedule is brutal! But for the whole season I don't know if it makes a huge difference. Glennons not Farve so the Rogers analogy as they say doesn't work for me.

I think the reality is Trubisky controls his destiny. We aren't going to not play him when he is ready. The reality is Glennon is here to be the bridge until Trubisky is ready. We didn't invest the #2 pick in Trubisky to not play him WHEN HE IS READY. The key is when he is ready. Until then, we shouldn't put a panic mode on and just throw Trubisky to the wolves because he is the 2nd pick. John Fox has not been afraid to play / use young QB's, just look back to Denver when he made the switch to Tebow from Orton (and of course Tebow went on that ridiculous playoff run).

completely agree. we are not a superbowl contender, although i think it's a good possibility we can make the playoffs, so there is no NEED to rush him into the lineup. that is how you take a real chance to ruin a raw qb. give him some time and we could have a decade player who is more than average.

who cares where he was drafted or how other draftee's compare. let's do the right thing for once and win the war, not the battle.

Based on what we've seen so far with Glennon and should that trend continue, they simply do not only effect the overall team preparedness but potentially the development of other players. In this case your TEs and WRs.

Standing on the sideline watching plays is a lot different than actually being in the game.

Based on what we've seen so far with Glennon and should that trend continue, they simply do not only effect the overall team preparedness but potentially the development of other players. In this case your TEs and WRs.

Standing on the sideline watching plays is a lot different than actually being in the game.

Co-signed.