Falcons at Bears Official Week 1 Game Thread

Stinger226

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reports are White's shoulder was wrapped up and his arm was in a sling. Whatever the injury is (collarbone, seperated/dislocated shoulder) he's probably going to be out a while. Would not be surprised to see him IR'd again, which would likely end his Bears career.

Sucks and could be the last straw on his career here if you can call it a career. Gotta be honest, will he be missed? Through preseason and up to the injury today It's been a where's waldo with him. I had high expectations when we drafted him and he's done nothing to shake the bust label. Sad but it's time to move on and give up on him. WR should be a priority next draft obviously we need to find a stud. Hard to know who to throw to with a lot of average to mediocre at the position.

Almost every sack was on Glennon, even the last sack to end the game. You just can't take a sack there. How long do you expect Massie to hang onto a block, especially on a known passing down? Glennon has zero mobility and is a liability back there. Without the threat of Glennon getting out of the pocket, they can drop the LB's to take out the TE's. Once they stop Cohen we will start getting shut out.

Trubisky is much better suited for the 2-minute drill because he adds his mobility as a weapon. Glennon is a limited one-dimensional QB.

Considering this is a rebuilding team that isn't going to win alot of games a moral victory is exactly what we needed. We hung with them despite no WRs really

Agree, and it sucks to lose we had multiple dropped TD's that would have won the game. Belemay was held and it should have been 1st and goal at the 1. We were within inches of beating the defending NFC champs who's high powered offense was held to 23 points. Tackling does need cleaned up and there's no excuse for the Hooper TD but that is one play. The Bears didn't quit they fought hard and put themselves in position to win this game. A game almost no one gave them a chance to even be in. Atlanta escaped with a win. I don't usually like moral victories there are different kinds of moral victories. Not getting blown out by the Falcons could be considered a moral victory, but we not only didn't get blown out but we should have won this game we had it there for the taking. This is the type of loss you can build on and build confidence from. I feel like our defense will keep us in games, and our offense will take time to find it's identity. There was a point when they seemed to open the playbook and we got our WR's more involved and that sparked the offense. We're thin there and it's going to take contributions from all of them and our TE's.

For a rebuilding team, you want to become competitive first, then there is a point between finding ways to lose and finding ways to win. In a game inches that can be a very fine line. Today we had a win in our grasp and came up just short. Here's hoping it makes the players hungry and work on taking these "almost victories" and make them wins.

That wasnt his fault, you need one more second to get the ball out.

Uh, no. Watch the play again to refresh your memory.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2017091001/2...&tab=videos

Massie gets beat, and there is pressure coming from Leno's man on the left side, but Glennon inexplicably runs back into where Brooks Reed is circling back to when he very easily could have taken a few steps towards the right and had more than enough time to make something happen. This was going on the entire game, because Glennon has no idea where the defense is coming from.

Uh, no. Watch the play again to refresh your memory.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2017091001/2...&tab=videos

Massie gets beat, and there is pressure coming from Leno's man on the left side, but Glennon inexplicably runs back into where Brooks Reed is circling back to when he very easily could have taken a few steps towards the right and had more than enough time to make something happen. This was going on the entire game, because Glennon has no idea where the defense is coming from.

Glennon should've never been put in that position. Bellamy's drop was sorta explainable but Howard's was criminal.

Agree, and it sucks to lose we had multiple dropped TD's that would have won the game. Belemay was held and it should have been 1st and goal at the 1. We were within inches of beating the defending NFC champs who's high powered offense was held to 23 points. Tackling does need cleaned up and there's no excuse for the Hooper TD but that is one play. The Bears didn't quit they fought hard and put themselves in position to win this game. A game almost no one gave them a chance to even be in. Atlanta escaped with a win. I don't usually like moral victories there are different kinds of moral victories. Not getting blown out by the Falcons could be considered a moral victory, but we not only didn't get blown out but we should have won this game we had it there for the taking. This is the type of loss you can build on and build confidence from. I feel like our defense will keep us in games, and our offense will take time to find it's identity. There was a point when they seemed to open the playbook and we got our WR's more involved and that sparked the offense. We're thin there and it's going to take contributions from all of them and our TE's.

For a rebuilding team, you want to become competitive first, then there is a point between finding ways to lose and finding ways to win. In a game inches that can be a very fine line. Today we had a win in our grasp and came up just short. Here's hoping it makes the players hungry and work on taking these "almost victories" and make them wins.

Great analysis and totally agree. Wasn't able to watch the whole game but did notice the overall stat lines were almost duplicate of one another. And like you said, considering the Falcons were just in the SB last year I think our team did pretty good. A better measure will be next week when GB plays them. If ATL blows them out we should be even more encouraged.

With regards to Glennons play (and considering I only saw from about mid 3rd quarter on) I'd say it's way too early to pull the plug on him. I understand his passes were short and 'West Coast offensish' but what I didn't see was Glennon making dumb (Cutler like) choices. He was nearly sacked at one point and instead of forcing it downfield threw it out of bounds. He also seemed to be finding the open man; whether it be Sims, Miller, Thompson, Bellamy or Cohen instead of throwing it into double and triple coverage and that's pretty encouraging. And remember this is supposed to be a two headed RBC where we hardly saw any of 2016 Howard. He ended up with 52 rush yards and a pedestrian 4 yard average. And don't forget the horrible drop at the end of the game.

Granted I'd like to see what Trubisky could offer on what appears a more athletic zone offense scheme but for now Glennons pocket presence is welcome and he should be given some more opportunities. He certainly didn't lose this game for us.

I'm not sure what game Jeff Dickerson was watching but he referred to Glennon as "impressive"....

http://www.espn.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_/i...by-mike-glennon

Something weird is going on in Bear's media with Glennon. I just heard Jim Miller on the radio talk about how well Glennon played yesterday, too. It's almost like these guys have been programmed by Fox to set the bar so low for Glennon because Trubisky is a rookie and is "not ready."