Bears at Bucs Official Week 2 Game Thread

AZ54

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ugh, our first play a predictable inside run for a loss. On 2nd down, we use a timeout, then Glennon hangs in the pocket and makes a late pass to Wright. On 3rd and 5, another short pass but effective to Cohen for the first. He actually threw low to Cohen which is tough considering how short he is.

On next set of down, a nice quick play action pass to Bellamy for a first.

TB now stacking the box consistently, Howard tackled for loss. Glennon with another short pass, but completed to Cohen. Now 3rd an 5 and he completes another inside slant over the middle.

AND THERE IT IS, Glennon throws an INT into what looked like triple coverage, intended for Sims. Bears were in scoring position on the 22. Glennon never looked anywhere else, first read (which was horrible). Shaheen wide open on the sideline. After the replay, it was worse than I thought, Sims was not even turned around yet, and there were 3 TB defenders within 3 feet of Sims.

That INT was 110% on Glennon, had to know the coverage and the fact that he can see 3 defenders right there.

Ugh, our first play a predictable inside run for a loss. On 2nd down, we use a timeout, then Glennon hangs in the pocket and makes a late pass to Wright. On 3rd and 5, another short pass but effective to Cohen for the first. He actually threw low to Cohen which is tough considering how short he is.

On next set of down, a nice quick play action pass to Bellamy for a first.

TB now stacking the box consistently, Howard tackled for loss. Glennon with another short pass, but completed to Cohen. Now 3rd an 5 and he completes another inside slant over the middle.

AND THERE IT IS, Glennon throws an INT into what looked like triple coverage, intended for Sims. Bears were in scoring position on the 22. Glennon never looked anywhere else, first read (which was horrible). Shaheen wide open on the sideline. After the replay, it was worse than I thought, Sims was not even turned around yet, and there were 3 TB defenders within 3 feet of Sims.

That INT was 110% on Glennon, had to know the coverage and the fact that he can see 3 defenders right there.

Agreed. That's an atrocious throw by Glennon. How he doesn't see a fourth of the Tampa defense gang-banging Sims on that is anyone's guess.

Glennon. SMH.

Honestly, I'm done with Glennon already. The one thing the Bears need from Glennon is composure. If anything, it was Cutler's major flaw. That's the reason why he was hated by many. Composure leads to stupid turnovers. If Glennon is the same, and he appears to be, then it's Trubisky time.

Furthermore, this is not going to be an offensive juggernaut. Glennon needs to be smart with his decisions. We need a game manager to succeed. If there is nobody open, there are three options: 1) run, 2) take the sack, 3) throw it away. Get flustered and leave the ball unprotected in traffic is not an option.

That last defensive holding call was weak as hell. I almost never bash the officials since I am one, but that was bad. There were no elements of holding. It was just an inside chuck, no extended arms or grabbing. I'm guessing this was part of the crew's pre-game, and the Bears must have held more than they liked in last week's game.

Having said that, the TD was happening anyway.