Bears at Bucs Official Week 2 Game Thread

AZ54

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are the odds John Fox praises Mike Glennon for his 2nd half performance?

If Trubisky isn't the starter next week, he needs to be fired.

Fire Fox now. He doesn't have a handle on the team, the time period he's coaching in and any appreciation of the fact that he can't win a game in the NFL anymore. Pathetic product the McKaskey's are putting on the field.

So, I was right. Looks like Glennon is a lock again for week 3. Fox's stubbornness knows no bounds. I wonder when the rebellion is coming from the players. We are almost in an identical situation as last year. Getting embarrassed in week 2 while losing a half doze players to injury. Not that the playoffs was ever a realistic goal, but the Bears are basically already playing for their season in week 3. We know what the statistics are for teams that begin the year 0-3. As a player who's been around for a few of these John Fox years, that's got to be pretty mentally draining.

It's actually quite remarkable how this man even has a job at this point. He's 9-24. Yes, 9-24. The only coach in Bears history who has a worse winning % than Fox was Abe Gibron (11-30). There's no doubt in my mind that if Fox makes it through the year, he will end up breaking that mark.

So, I was right. Looks like Glennon is a lock again for week 3. Fox's stubbornness knows no bounds. I wonder when the rebellion is coming from the players. We are almost in an identical situation as last year. Getting embarrassed in week 2 while losing a half doze players to injury. Not that the playoffs was ever a realistic goal, but the Bears are basically already playing for their season in week 3. We know what the statistics are for teams that begin the year 0-3. As a player who's been around for a few of these John Fox years, that's got to be pretty mentally draining.

It's actually quite remarkable how this man even has a job at this point. He's 9-24. Yes, 9-24. The only coach in Bears history who has a worse winning % than Fox was Abe Gibron (11-30). There's no doubt in my mind that if Fox makes it through the year, he will end up breaking that mark.

He will not get fired during the year. That is not how the McCaskey's operate. Further, if Dr. Death doesn't get fired mid-season, no one will.

Peace :dabears

Fox should be fired and I'm not too far away from wanting Pace fired too.

This is a continued stretch of embarassment that is on par with the league's worst franchises.

He will not get fired during the year. That is not how the McCaskey's operate. Further, if Dr. Death doesn't get fired mid-season, no one will.

Maybe.

In Trestman's case, though, the team didn't start to unravel until midway through his second season. This is John Fox's 3rd year as head coach, and in each one of his 3 seasons, the Bears have started out 0-2. That hasn't happened in 50 years in Bears history. The first year was supposed to be bad, but they've been going backwards ever since. After next week's loss, they're essentially going to eliminate themselves from playoff contention before the 4th game of the season for the second year in a row. That's not acceptable. I don't know if he can survive another 14 games like this.

Fire Fox now. He doesn't have a handle on the team, the time period he's coaching in and any appreciation of the fact that he can't win a game in the NFL anymore. Pathetic product the McKaskey's are putting on the field.

I'm not completely on the 'fire Fox' bandwagon yet. Here's why; for as bad as they looked today the team played pretty well against Atlanta last week. And as I type this Atlanta is enviscerating Aaron Rodgers and the Fudgepackers right now. In just the few mins I've been watching the Pack has committed two costly 'false start' penalties, a pick play by the "vaunted" (in his mind) Martellus Bennett and Aaron threw a nice Cutler-esque INT deep at their end of the field. All things considered, I don't think all is lost...not yet.

Veteran leaders like Trevathan (with his repeated costly holding penalties) and Glennon with his reincarnation of Cutler did more harm to the team than did Fox' coaching. If he thinks Trubisky should sit for the start of next week but knowing both he (Fox) and Glennon are on an extremely short leash I'll stay faithful. If Glennon shows a whisper of failure next week then Fox needs to yank him...post haste.

In the meantime I'm going to cheer for the Dirty Birds and hope Coach McCarthy gets another personal foul call. And as I write this Rodgers threw a nice lateral pass to no one that was picked up for a TD by ATL. Lolololololollllll!!!!

Watching parts of the game again, which is hard to do at this point, made it look worse.

Glennon is horrible.

I have no idea what Pace was thinking or saw in this guy. His feet are in cement, he drops back and doesn't move regardless of the pressure. He has his mind made up before the play starts. It was clearly evident on the 2 INTs that were more his fault than I have ever seen it be a QB's fault. On the one to Sims, Shaheen is wide open in Glennon's field of view with room to run on the outside, yet Glennon throws to a spot where it was virtually impossible for Sims to catch the ball (defender on left, right, and over the top). Then on the pick-6, he threw to the outside, late and behind the receiver, making the play even easier for the defender.

On a few plays where there was pressure, Leno got pushed into his back and instead of moving away from that pressure, Glennon instead looks at Leno like "what are you doing with my tots man?" then throws a noodle arm incompletion.

The level of ineptitude is mind blowing. If we fired Fox/Loggains right now, and released Glennon/Bellamy, the team would instantly improve.

I can't blame the defense for this as 20 pts came off turnovers. Outside of Mike Evans, no other receiver had more than 3 receptions or 39 yards. The leading rusher, Rodgers only had 67 yards with most in garbage time. The defense only allowed one play longer than 20 yards (21 yard pass to Jackson). Winston barely broke 200 yds passing and only had 60% completion %.

It is amazing how the media will say that TB dominated us, but between the turnovers (Glennon x3 and Cohen x1) and penalties, everything was self-induced.

Watching parts of the game again, which is hard to do at this point, made it look worse.

Glennon is horrible.

I have no idea what Pace was thinking or saw in this guy. His feet are in cement, he drops back and doesn't move regardless of the pressure. He has his mind made up before the play starts. It was clearly evident on the 2 INTs that were more his fault than I have ever seen it be a QB's fault. On the one to Sims, Shaheen is wide open in Glennon's field of view with room to run on the outside, yet Glennon throws to a spot where it was virtually impossible for Sims to catch the ball (defender on left, right, and over the top). Then on the pick-6, he threw to the outside, late and behind the receiver, making the play even easier for the defender.

On a few plays where there was pressure, Leno got pushed into his back and instead of moving away from that pressure, Glennon instead looks at Leno like "what are you doing with my tots man?" then throws a noodle arm incompletion.

The level of ineptitude is mind blowing. If we fired Fox/Loggains right now, and released Glennon/Bellamy, the team would instantly improve.

I can't blame the defense for this as 20 pts came off turnovers. Outside of Mike Evans, no other receiver had more than 3 receptions or 39 yards. The leading rusher, Rodgers only had 67 yards with most in garbage time. The defense only allowed one play longer than 20 yards (21 yard pass to Jackson). Winston barely broke 200 yds passing and only had 60% completion %.

It is amazing how the media will say that TB dominated us, but between the turnovers (Glennon x3 and Cohen x1) and penalties, everything was self-induced.

No question that the turnovers and defensive holding penalties were the difference in the game.

I watched the game yesterday on NFL gamepass and must say this is my worse experience post Trestman. However I am not making excuses but where we are at the moment we can't afford to make turnovers and/or sustain injuries.

Regarding turnovers our inability to provide offensive production means we can't behind in a game and expect to be competitive. Just look at our depth chart excluding Glennon and we have lost our 2 starting wideouts, Wheaton is still unavailable and this is also the case with Long. If you factor in other wideouts getting banged up, losing Compton/ Sinton as well as Howard being banged up then we haven't got a recipe for success

Regarding where we are as a franchise then if we feel Pace is making the correct roster judgements and the turnover in players was necessary then we are still in the rebuilding mode because we can't be competitive with losing these players because the depth we have in place isn't good enough. If this is true then whether we keep or fire Fox won't make a major difference unless he's lost the players which I don't believe.

If Pace doesn't know what he's doing then we are in a serious situation and it may need to be blown up again. This will mean we won't be competitive for another 3 years or it is starting to seem like ever.

At the moment depending on if Detroit win or lose we are 1 to 2 games behind in our division so it's not drastic yet.

Another thing to factor in is the last 2 years the NFL hasn't been helpful with there scheduling for the 1st 4 weeks of the season.