Given our lack of talent at receiving corps...

DABEARSDABOMB

Obviously we are not contending for anything this year and in general, I am a believer in keeping draft picks (if not acquiring more picks), but given how thin we are at the wide receiver position, should the Bears be actively looking at trading for someone who can be a long-term piece (vs. waiting until free agency/draft). Most of me stands in the, go with what we have camp (even if it is the worst corps in the league), however, another part of me says that if we are going to turn this over to Trubisky, we do want to put him in a position to succeed, and with the absolute lack of talent, are we actually stunting his growth by having such an incompetent corps out there? To go with that, we also have a really banged up oline (albeit, that hopefully can get better in the next couple weeks).

Not even sure who is out there, obviously Rams got Sammy Watkins right before season started.

Stay with what you have. Do not get rid of any picks.

Peace :dabears

For the love of everything draft related, I agree with this.

Rebuilding teams do NOT need to get rid of picks. They didn't need to do it for Trubisky, and they don't need to do it now.

How do we know how bad our WR corps is when we have Glennon throwing to these guys? His INT on the pass to Sims was not just a bad read it was also a pass that was quite a bit behind Sims. On a 5 yd route! On top of that Shaheen was wide open 5 yards to the right of Sims. I don't want to debate the quality of our WRs but you can reword it to ask what vet WR is really going to change what we see from Glennon? Keep the draft picks.

How do we know how bad our WR corps is when we have Glennon throwing to these guys? His INT on the pass to Sims was not just a bad read it was also a pass that was quite a bit behind Sims. On a 5 yd route! On top of that Shaheen was wide open 5 yards to the right of Sims. I don't want to debate the quality of our WRs but you can reword it to ask what vet WR is really going to change what we see from Glennon? Keep the draft picks.

True. Trubisky was making Deonte Thompson look pretty good during the pre-season.

Obviously we are not contending for anything this year and in general, I am a believer in keeping draft picks (if not acquiring more picks), but given how thin we are at the wide receiver position, should the Bears be actively looking at trading for someone who can be a long-term piece (vs. waiting until free agency/draft). Most of me stands in the, go with what we have camp (even if it is the worst corps in the league), however, another part of me says that if we are going to turn this over to Trubisky, we do want to put him in a position to succeed, and with the absolute lack of talent, are we actually stunting his growth by having such an incompetent corps out there? To go with that, we also have a really banged up oline (albeit, that hopefully can get better in the next couple weeks).

Not even sure who is out there, obviously Rams got Sammy Watkins right before season started.

To quote someone I greatly despies, "what difference does it make at this point? I say NO to trading for a WR and Pace needs to not shortcut the rebuilding process. So far I think Ryan has doe a nice job with FA and many of his draft picks. Why would we trade for a WR when the Bears could have kept AJ or traded him for another WR or position of need? In addition to my first point our current starting QB has no pocket awareness which complements his Jimmy Hoffa-esque cement feet!