Vikings at Bears Official Game Thread

adam

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whitehair with another terrible snap. He's really starting to piss me off.

Also, in the 4th quarter, and terrible receivers, Trubisky needs to start using his legs more to pick up these 3rd downs, especially if MIN is in man coverage.

Completely agree. Whitehair just plain sucks right now with the snaps and no receiver can get open and loggains isn't even trying to call anything to push the ball down field. I'm really disappointed with the fact we don't even see Shaheen and Wheaton has 0 seperation

What I'd love to see after this game is three things:

1) A new OL configuration of Whitehair/Sitton/Grasu/Long/Leno.

2) 75% of plays with two TEs in the game

3) A very run-heavy offense, with most passes coming off of play-action or bootlegs

Trubisky looked fine to me. I'm not worried about the mistake at the end. He'll learn. He just has zero talent to work with, especially if they can't run the ball.

If this were Madden, I'd simulate the season already and move onto next year. It's going to get real ugly now, especially as the injuries continue to pile up.

Also, Ryan Pace sucks as a pro scout. Outside of Aikeem Hicks, his free agent acquisitions have been horrendous. That, and a continued cycle of bad drafting is keeping the Bears from making progress as a franchise. Of course, a lot of this can be expedited if Trubisky turns himself into a star, but it's going to take another year before we find that out.

Trubisky looked fine to me. I'm not worried about the mistake at the end. He'll learn. He just has zero talent to work with, especially if they can't run the ball.

If this were Madden, I'd simulate the season already and move onto next year. It's going to get real ugly now, especially as the injuries continue to pile up.

Also, Ryan Pace sucks as a pro scout. Outside of Aikeem Hicks, his free agent acquisitions have been horrendous. That, and a continued cycle of bad drafting is keeping the Bears from making progress as a franchise. Of course, a lot of this can be expedited if Trubisky turns himself into a star, but it's going to take another year before we find that out.

I nodded while reading this entire post.

This draft doesn't look to bad so far. Jackson was out there holding his own and making plays, we've seen what Cohen can do and trubisky didn't look bad at all. But over all I do agree. We need some body on offense to step up. Hopefully that starts to happen with trubisky in there. Whitehair needs to removed from center. For as good as he was last yr he sucks this yr. And on defense look no further than all the injuries stacking up at ILB. Christian Jones can't be called upon to call out plays and stuff. Hopefully trevethan coming back next week will help that a little. And was this the game that sparks Floyd?

Dowell Loggains can leave this team at any time. Zero imagination as a play caller. You can't continue to run these generic short yardage plays and hope to be a competent offense. At some point, you have to throw the ball downfield, regardless of the talent on offense. Get a PI call or something. Jesus.

The play calling was weak, the execution was poor, but it was also evident just how shitty the receiving corps is.

Listening to Olin Kreutz on the radio, and he brought up a great point. Jordan Howard averaged 7 ypc last year running out of shotgun formations. To my knowledge, there haven't been many instances, if any, this year where Howard has ran it out of a shotgun formation. Really speaks to the inability of this coaching staff to formulate a gameplan using this information that is available to them.

There is no reason in the world why the Bears aren't running more shotgun/read option stuff with Trubisky right now. The Texans have been doing this with Watson to keep him comfortable, and by god, it seems to be working for them..

They are getting there hands on too many balls of late...the turnovers are going to come...I'm convinced we are going to have a huge defensive games (when it comes to TO's).

I sure hope so. Unfortunately after what we noticed last yr and what we've seen so far this yr. Especially with how banged up at LB we are I don't have that same level of confidence that you do. We are through game #5 and still have 0 INTs

I was at the game and I am done with Fox. A delay of game penalty after a timeout? A timeout needs to be called after a timeout? That's all on the coaching.

I want him gone.

Peace :dabears

Completely agree. Did does seem lost out there and loggains doesn't have a clue how to formulate an actual game plan. I was getting bored watching the game because outside of a couple trick play we all knew what was being called. And they showed 1 stat that when the offense is in a single back 2 WRs and 2TE formation they have run out of that 22 of 25 times. That's predictable

Completely agree. Did does seem lost out there and loggains doesn't have a clue how to formulate an actual game plan. I was getting bored watching the game because outside of a couple trick play we all knew what was being called. And they showed 1 stat that when the offense is in a single back 2 WRs and 2TE formation they have run out of that 22 of 25 times. That's predictable

Wow. I must have missed that stat. That even more of a reason to run double-TE formations and leak a TE out into the zone's soft spot.

I was at the game and I am done with Fox. A delay of game penalty after a timeout? A timeout needs to be called after a timeout? That's all on the coaching.

I want him gone.

Peace :dabears

It was interesting, Fox mentioned they didn't have a football ready (because refs switch in / out a kicking ball) and that is what drove the delay of game. We may have gotten too cute, but that made me feel a bit better about that sequence of events (or at least that's how I rationalized it).

Agreed. Did any of the wrs look like they belonged on an NFL team? No confidence in Fox.

I don't think the receivers not looking like they belong on an NFL team has anything to do with Fox. Blame the front office or use injuries as an excuse, but Fox can only do so much. Wheaton is also rusty from injuries, etc. Not excusing his bad play but I'd give him a couple more weeks before cutting him loose (and either way he is still, sadly, better than most of what we have at wideout). We have a really really bad WR corps. The units with Johnny Knox and Devin Hester are significantly better then this corps.