Trades... Garoppolo and Ajayi

adam

Seahawks traded for LT Duane Brown, they gave up 5th RD 2018 pick, 2nd RD 2019 pick, and Jeremy Lane CB

49ers traded for Jimmy Garoppolo QB, they gave up a 2nd RD 2018 pick.

Eagles traded for Jay Ajayi RB, they gave up a 4th RD 2018 pick.

Bills traded for Kelvin Benjamin WR, they gave up 3rd RD and 7th RD 2018 picks

Jets traded for Rashard Robinson CB for a 5th RD 2018 pick.

Browns fax machine was not plugged in, they tried to trade for AJ McCarrons. Probably a 2nd RD 2018 pick like JG.

Seahawks traded for LT Duane Brown, they gave up 5th RD 2018 pick, 2nd RD 2019 pick, and Jeremy Lane CB

49ers traded for Jimmy Garoppolo QB, they gave up a 2nd RD 2018 pick.

Eagles traded for Jay Ajayi RB, they gave up a 4th RD 2018 pick.

Jets traded for Rashard Robinson CB for a 5th RD 2018 pick.

Browns fax machine was not plugged in, they tried to trade for AJ McCarrons. Probably a 2nd RD 2018 pick like JG.

I'm the most surprised by the Ajayi trade. Only a 4th Rd pick for him means Gase wanted him gone for some reason. Follow that up with Kelvin Benjamin, which on a team that is fragile emotionally (need more tears Cam!) this won't help their psyche. Seattle gave up too much for Brown.

I'm the most surprised by the Ajayi trade. Only a 4th Rd pick for him means Gase wanted him gone for some reason. Follow that up with Kelvin Benjamin, which on a team that is fragile emotionally (need more tears Cam!) this won't help their psyche. Seattle gave up too much for Brown.

Seattle is in desperate need of o-line and Brown is a 3 time pro bowl LT. They spread the cost of picks out, so it will depend on what type of contract Brown gets to see if the deal ends up biting them. Seattle might have enough now to push for a title with a weaker NFC since GB lost Rodgers. If the Bears were not already depleted of draft picks, I would have considered it.

Seattle is in desperate need of o-line and Brown is a 3 time pro bowl LT. They spread the cost of picks out, so it will depend on what type of contract Brown gets to see if the deal ends up biting them. Seattle might have enough now to push for a title with a weaker NFC since GB lost Rodgers. If the Bears were not already depleted of draft picks, I would have considered it.

Seattle's oline issues are more troubling that Houston's, it's hard to see how Houston is not in a similar position in terms of the playoffs. They got back draft picks for a disgruntled player which is what they need after all the deals for Osweiller and Watson.

I know Cleveland is getting crap about the deal not getting submitted in time but really, they probably dodged a bullet. Is McCarron even a starter in this league? A 2nd round pick!?

I think he is. He's one of those smart game manager types who has just enough intangibles to make up for the less than superstar skills. Make no mistake, he also has skills, but just not top 5 arm or anything like that.

I think he is. He's one of those smart game manager types who has just enough intangibles to make up for the less than superstar skills. Make no mistake, he also has skills, but just not top 5 arm or anything like that.

Maybe, but everyone knows he's not a franchise QB. If he were he'd already be the starter in Cinn, or surely somewhere else in the NFL in 2017. Cleveland should be placing it's bets on a QB with franchise potential not average-at-best QBs. They had those guys with Hoyer and McCown. They moved on from them because they aren't franchise types (true) when they should have kept at least McCown for his leadership in the QB room while drafting a talented rookie.

In exchange for giving up the 12th pick they earned Houston's 1st Rd pick in 2018. Now they try to trade a 2018 2nd Rd and 3rd Rd pick for a QB who becomes a FA in 2018, which is probably equivalent to the value of the Texans 1st Rd pick they received. If McCarron was their guy all along why not make that deal last offseason? They you get a full year with him before he hits Free Agency.

If there was any future confidence in Kizer the Browns just shot it to pieces with that near deal and now every team knows they will draft a QB high in 2018. If they have the 1st overall it's not necessarily a problem unless you could trade back one or two spots like the 49ers did with Chicago. Kizer already struggles with mental toughness so none of this helps his confidence. The NFL rules may have saved Cleveland from making a bad deal but it won't stop things from falling apart in their locker room. The only hope for Brown's fans is that this death spiral of roster mismanagement will lead to a new front office, and later a new head coach.

From all this they'll end up with Rosen and his prickly attitude. That should fit in well on a rebuilding franchise.

Maybe, but everyone knows he's not a franchise QB. If he were he'd already be the starter in Cinn, or surely somewhere else in the NFL in 2017.

I don't think that's true. The Bengals had control and may have just wanted to keep him as a backup. And Dalton has been an all-pro several times. AJ wasn't starting in Cincy.

I don't think that's true. The Bengals had control and may have just wanted to keep him as a backup. And Dalton has been an all-pro several times. AJ wasn't starting in Cincy.

True, we can't put it past the Bengals not to make a trade in their best long term interest. However, looking back at all the big deals made for QBs it's obvious none of those teams felt McCarron was worthy. That includes the Browns who preferred to use a high 2nd Rd pick on Kizer over McCarron. The 49ers again verified that with their lack of action on a QB last year and now the trade with the Patriots.

True, we can't put it past the Bengals not to make a trade in their best long term interest. However, looking back at all the big deals made for QBs it's obvious none of those teams felt McCarron was worthy. That includes the Browns who preferred to use a high 2nd Rd pick on Kizer over McCarron. The 49ers again verified that with their lack of action on a QB last year and now the trade with the Patriots.

That's too simplistic.

It's possible the Browns didn't want to trade a draft pick intra-division.

It's also possible the Browns or the Niners, or any other team, thought a player at their draft pick was more valuable than McCarron. Particularly since they leveraged their second round pick to move back into the first round for a guy (Reuben Foster) many thought should have gone much earlier if not for shoulder concerns (which he hasn't hurt this year...just lots of other things).

That's too simplistic.

It's possible the Browns didn't want to trade a draft pick intra-division.

It's also possible the Browns or the Niners, or any other team, thought a player at their draft pick was more valuable than McCarron. Particularly since they leveraged their second round pick to move back into the first round for a guy (Reuben Foster) many thought should have gone much earlier if not for shoulder concerns (which he hasn't hurt this year...just lots of other things).

If you feel the QB is a franchise player I don't think you worry about losing out on guy like Reuben Foster, or a draft pick because it would go a division rival. Which leads back to my point that McCarron is not a franchise caliber QB and a lot, if not all, of the QB needy teams in the NFL feel that way.

The fact so many shied away from Garropolo and instead traded away 1st Rd picks plus more to get rookie QBs was more surprising to me. I thought somewhere in the draft a team would give up a 1st for him. Unless as you say NE wouldn't budge off their high demands. Maybe the rumors of NE high demands inflated the Bengals ego and they thought they could out-smart their competition and get a great deal. Instead teams went hard after Watson, Mahomes, and Trubisky. Now the Bengals will get nothing in exchange except a 16 game insurance policy they refused to cash in when Dalton was playing poorly.

If you feel the QB is a franchise player I don't think you worry about losing out on guy like Reuben Foster, or a draft pick because it would go a division rival. Which leads back to my point that McCarron is not a franchise caliber QB and a lot, if not all, of the QB needy teams in the NFL feel that way.

The fact so many shied away from Garropolo and instead traded away 1st Rd picks plus more to get rookie QBs was more surprising to me. I thought somewhere in the draft a team would give up a 1st for him. Unless as you say NE wouldn't budge off their high demands. Maybe the rumors of NE high demands inflated the Bengals ego and they thought they could out-smart their competition and get a great deal. Instead teams went hard after Watson, Mahomes, and Trubisky. Now the Bengals will get nothing in exchange except a 16 game insurance policy they refused to cash in when Dalton was playing poorly.

I think Browns are looking so bad for passing up Franchise type QBs in the last two years of drafting they were just trying to safe face and grab a average prospect which is better than what they have.

I know draft picks are valuable and I do not like to see them traded away but unless there is something about Kelvin Benjamin I do not know I would have pulled the trigger on that trade. I think Buffalo got a real bargain. Every game I have seen KB in he has impressed me.

I know draft picks are valuable and I do not like to see them traded away but unless there is something about Kelvin Benjamin I do not know I would have pulled the trigger on that trade. I think Buffalo got a real bargain. Every game I have seen KB in he has impressed me.

Idk since he came back from injury he doesn't seem like the same person to me.