Bears vs. Packers Game Thread

AZ54

After watching the MNF game I found myself wondering if the Packers did Trubisky a bit of a favor by revealing the defensive game plan they'll be using against us. They seemed to be blitzing often and from all angles trying to force some mistakes like New Orleans was able to do. I didn't get to see the game against the Packers earlier in the year so perhaps this is what they did there against Glennon? Regardless, I can't see why they wouldn't go after us in the same manner except we have a better running game than Detroit. Trubisky will finally need to get the ball out on a hot read but doing so could be more challenging with another new WR, Inman, on the field.

Bulaga just went out with a torn ACL. I shed no tears. The Defensive front must take advantage and get early pressure as well as keeping containment on Hundley. He doesn't look comfortable staying in the pocket even though he tends to hold the ball a long time.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No doubt they will attack with blitzes from all angles, Trubisky will see that from here on out till he and the offense can prove they can beat it and use that aggressiveness to our advantage. Need to run more screens, this could be a way to get Cohen more involved and get him in open space with blockers in front. Like that video posted in another thread about hot reads there are plays where there is no hot called at the line or not in the play design. It's little things we can do with play design and reads that can help Trubisky out.

I think we can take advantage of the Bulaga injury. We've watched our D grow in confidence and swagger. This unit is finding it's stride and keeping us in game against high scoring offenses like GB used to be with Rodgers. I think we can get after Hundley and make his day miserable. I can see us forcing turnovers that will help our offense.

This is the John Fox game.

We win, Fox stays. We lose, he goes. Something tells me Pace would prefer to move on, but the McCaskeys might want to see it play out a bit longer. The thing that stops that is losing yet again to the Packers twice in a season while they only play a backup. We win, and McCaskeys are happy-ish.

I really want to beat the living @h!t out of GB regardless...

After watching the MNF game I found myself wondering if the Packers did Trubisky a bit of a favor by revealing the defensive game plan they'll be using against us. They seemed to be blitzing often and from all angles trying to force some mistakes like New Orleans was able to do. I didn't get to see the game against the Packers earlier in the year so perhaps this is what they did there against Glennon? Regardless, I can't see why they wouldn't go after us in the same manner except we have a better running game than Detroit. Trubisky will finally need to get the ball out on a hot read but doing so could be more challenging with another new WR, Inman, on the field.

Bulaga just went out with a torn ACL. I shed no tears. The Defensive front must take advantage and get early pressure as well as keeping containment on Hundley. He doesn't look comfortable staying in the pocket even though he tends to hold the ball a long time.

http://www.chicagobears.com/team/injury-report.html

Looks like Whitehair will be able to play. Long is a bit more of a question mark with limited participation but I expect he'll find a way to play with the bad finger. It also appears that we'll have Grasu available to play.

Trevathan DNP on Wed's practice so he might not be available Sunday. Could mean we'll see Kwit and Jones with Timu (full participation) as backup.

http://www.chicagobears.com/team/injury-report.html

Looks like Whitehair will be able to play. Long is a bit more of a question mark with limited participation but I expect he'll find a way to play with the bad finger. It also appears that we'll have Grasu available to play.

Trevathan DNP on Wed's practice so he might not be available Sunday. Could mean we'll see Kwit and Jones with Timu (full participation) as backup.

Trevathan not playing could be an issue. Although Jones is improving in his overall play he struggles with calling formations.

We are favored by 6, at home, coming off a bye, and GB is coming off a short week after playing on MNF. This is definitely a defining moment for the team this year. If we win, and the offense plays well, we have a shot. If we lose, Fox and Loggains need to go. This would be an unacceptable loss considering how we lost in New Orleans.

My hope is the coaches were purposely modifying the game plan to make sure there is very little tape out there on Trubisky and we will come out and surprise GB with a flurry of quick passes, bootlegs, etc.

I am concerned about Long. He seems to always be injured. Hopefully Trevathan's calf will heal. Two weeks should be enough time to make all these guys fresh.

Hundley is terrible, and seems to be at his cap. There are a couple of plays where he is looking at a wide open receiver, yet he waits and throws to a different receiver who is doubled (https://twitter.com/JTrain36/status/927728702980546560). I see our defense dominating, while the offense does enough to build and keep a lead.

Bears 27 - Packers 10

Trubisky STILL doesn't have the option to audible. Either he's not a bright guy or this coaching staff doesn't know how to handle a young quarterback. I'm going to go with the latter.

This coaching staff will RUIN Trubisky if Pace doesn't bring an offensive mind as a HC next year. He is developing bad habits because of shitty play calling.

Not sure what to say. Trevathan missing on D looks to be an issue. Penalties and no time for Trubisky are killing them on offense. I love me some Fox but coming out of a bye week and playing like this is pretty sad. Especially with a team on a four (?) day rest and led by Hundley.

As I type the player I’m excited about, Inman, makes a huge catch.

Why are we looking so unorganised. The oline is all other the place and our improved defense is looking poor. If Fox can’t doesn’t get significant improvement in the 2nd half I am unsure he can make us improve and I have been supportive of this coaching staff.

I know Long is out but Whitehair is playing the position he was drafted to play so I didn’t expect the oline to look this bad.

I was expecting to good performance today considering we were coming off the bye week.

The Packers are blitzing on every play, yet the awareness of Trubisky doesn't seem to be there to throw it to the hot receiver. Whoever the TE is should be having a field day with slants over the middle of the field, because the ILB's are crashing so hard. Somebody is open. Trubisky needs to be able to find them, instead of taking unnecessary sacks.

In fairness to him, though, the offensive line with Grasu as the center is awful.

Why are we looking so unorganised. The oline is all other the place and our improved defense is looking poor. If Fox can’t doesn’t get significant improvement in the 2nd half I am unsure he can make us improve and I have been supportive of this coaching staff.

I know Long is out but Whitehair is playing the position he was drafted to play so I didn’t expect the oline to look this bad.

I was expecting to good performance today considering we were coming off the bye week.

How do you not have focus coming out of the break, numerous penalties , potential TD turning into a touch back. We will still have big of balls this team has with adjustments after the half. They should be steam rolling the pack. Grasu as OC is disrupting the flow of the Oline.

Someone needs to be a leader on this team and start kicking some ass and push this forward.

Trevathan and Long being out is huge.

How do you not have focus coming out of the break, numerous penalties , potential TD turning into a touch back. We will still have big of balls this team has with adjustments after the half. They should be steam rolling the pack. Grasu as OC is disrupting the flow of the Oline.

Someone needs to be a leader on this team and start kicking some ass and push this forward.

Trevathan and Long being out is huge.

The D keeps giving up 3rd down conversions. This is not looking good.

If I didn’t have the benefit of seeing Goff turn it around l would say that Trubisky is not worthy of a #2 overall pick. Having nearly two weeks to prepare and he looks to be regressing instead of improving. Granted Loggains leaves ALOT to be desired but there have been a few plays out there that Trubisky deifintly should have made. I’ve seen pee wee players perform better.

If I didn’t have the benefit of seeing Goff turn it around l would say that Trubisky is not worthy of a #2 overall pick. Having nearly two weeks to prepare and he looks to be regressing instead of improving. Granted Loggains leaves ALOT to be desired but there have been a few plays out there that Trubisky deifintly should have made. I’ve seen pee wee players perform better.

And Trubisky proves his ability in two plays...one for a TD. Keep proving me wrong Mitchell.