Updated Draft Order

adam

LOL still my meaty friend.

The draft is set to try to provide the worst teams with the first shot at talent.

If you cant see that past your doublethink, then I think that just goes right along with my premise.

SOS is crap though. It doesn't take anything into account like your opponent's SOS which actually drives your SOS.

You can't control your SOS, but you can control head to head matchups and Winning Pct against common opponents.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SOS is crap though. It doesn't take anything into account like your opponent's SOS which actually drives your SOS.

You can't control your SOS, but you can control head to head matchups and Winning Pct against common opponents.

I agree. Head to head and winning percentage among common opponents makes more sense.

Peace :dabears

I agree. Head to head and winning percentage among common opponents makes more sense.

I agree with that too. Im just saying, I understand how the SOS works and why. I prefer it like they used to do it too.

LOL still my meaty friend.

The draft is set to try to provide the worst teams with the first shot at talent.

If you cant see that past your doublethink, then I think that just goes right along with my premise.

It's not doublethink, but you tell yourself what you need to.

Teams that tie in terms of record shouldn't have their draft seeding penalized by the fact they just so happened to play damn near every team that is going to the playoffs. That's not a true indication they are better than another team which has the same record but played worse teams.

It's not doublethink, but you tell yourself what you need to.

Teams that tie in terms of record shouldn't have their draft seeding penalized by the fact they just so happened to play damn near every team that is going to the playoffs. That's not a true indication they are better than another team which has the same record but played worse teams.

If you dont understand the logic of it then that's your problem.

Personally, I preferred the old tiebreakers, head to head, division, conference etc.

But yes, if two teams have an equal record, the one that played inferior competition is worse.

Youve got it backwards still. You dont get penalized for playing better teams, you are ELEVATED. The thing you're not grasping is that the draft is in reverse order and "penalizes" teams for being BETTER.

By your logic, you get "penalized" for having a better record too. It's really not that hard to understand. The worst team picks first.

DUH.

If you dont understand the logic of it then that's your problem.

Personally, I preferred the old tiebreakers, head to head, division, conference etc.

But yes, if two teams have an equal record, the one that played inferior competition is worse.

Youve got it backwards still. You dont get penalized for playing better teams, you are ELEVATED. The thing you're not grasping is that the draft is in reverse order and "penalizes" teams for being BETTER.

By your logic, you get "penalized" for having a better record too. It's really not that hard to understand. The worst team picks first.

DUH.

Is English your second language? You do realize there are multiple meanings to words, right? Colloquially (look it up), saying something like "I don't understand the reasoning of that decision." often means "I don't agree with the reasoning of that decision."

As for the elevation in draft order and what not, I completely get it still.

Your reasoning, and the NFL's, is flawed. You said, "But yes, if two teams have an equal record, the one that played inferior competition is worse." That can easily be proven false.

-You race on a track against Usain Bolt, Carl Lewis, and Michael Johnson. You go 0-3.

-Rookie Eddie Jackson races on a track against Bruce Jenner (pre-op), Devin Hester, and Randy Moss. He goes 0-3.

-If everybody listed raced each other, the three guys you faced would go #1-#3 in whatever order.

-You raced against better competition and have the same record as Eddie Jackson. Therefore, you're faster/better than Eddie Jackson.

Is English your second language? You do realize there are multiple meanings to words, right? Colloquially (look it up), saying something like "I don't understand the reasoning of that decision." often means "I don't agree with the reasoning of that decision."

As for the elevation in draft order and what not, I completely get it still.

Your reasoning, and the NFL's, is flawed. You said, "But yes, if two teams have an equal record, the one that played inferior competition is worse." That can easily be proven false.

-You race on a track against Usain Bolt, Carl Lewis, and Michael Johnson. You go 0-3.

-Rookie Eddie Jackson races on a track against Bruce Jenner (pre-op), Devin Hester, and Randy Moss. He goes 0-3.

-If everybody listed raced each other, the three guys you faced would go #1-#3 in whatever order.

-You raced against better competition and have the same record as Eddie Jackson. Therefore, you're faster/better than Eddie Jackson.

Youre smarter than the NFL. smarter than Pace, smarter than anyone but Steve Rosenblum, who you sound a lot like.

OK Mr. Common Wisdom, youre right about everything. Every cliche is true.

But back in the real world, youre overly sure of yourself, and under equipped to take these issues on.

Youre smarter than the NFL. smarter than Pace, smarter than anyone but Steve Rosenblum, who you sound a lot like.

OK Mr. Common Wisdom, youre right about everything. Every cliche is true.

But back in the real world, youre overly sure of yourself, and under equipped to take these issues on.

Certainly smarter than you, because my example proves the flaw in the current system and your support of it.

Now in 6th, and pending 7th after TB loss tomorrow night.

1. Browns 0-14 (Doesn't matter) .521 SOS

2. Giants 2-12 (ARZ/WAS) .503 SOS

3. Colts 3-11 (BAL/HOU) .515 SOS

----------------------------------------------

4. 49ers 4-10 (JAX/LAR) .485 SOS

5. Texans 4-10 (PIT/IND) .494 SOS

6. Bears 4-10 (CLE/MIN) .580 SOS

7. Bucs 4-9 (ATL/CAR/NO) .533 SOS

8. Broncos 5-9 (WAS/KC) .509 SOS

9. Bengals 5-9 (DET/BAL) .444 SOS

10. Jets 5-9 (LAC/NE) .488 SOS

*Updated 12/17

Assuming a win against CLE and loss to MIN, we are looking at 5-11. That puts us no better than 7th, and no worse than 10th. We can only hope Broncos, Bengals (win one for Marv), or the Jets can win at least one more game.

Now in 6th, and pending 7th after TB loss tomorrow night.

2. Giants 2-12 (ARZ/WAS) .503 SOS

3. Colts 3-11 (BAL/HOU) .515 SOS

4. 49ers 4-10 (JAX/LAR) .485 SOS

5. Texans 4-10 (PIT/IND) .494 SOS

6. Bears 4-10 (CLE/MIN) .580 SOS

7. Bucs 4-9 (ATL/CAR/NO) .533 SOS

8. Broncos 5-9 (WAS/KC) .509 SOS

9. Bengals 5-9 (DET/BAL) .444 SOS

10. Jets 5-9 (LAC/NE) .488 SOS

*Updated 12/17

Assuming a win against CLE and loss to MIN, we are looking at 5-11. That puts us no better than 7th, and no worse than 10th. We can only hope Broncos, Bengals (win one for Marv), or the Jets can win at least one more game.

We could gain a spot from 49ers. They haven't lost some inserting grappolo

We could gain a spot from 49ers. They haven't lost some inserting grappolo

I think the Niners are done winning. They have the Jags and the Rams left, and both of those teams are really hot.

If the Bears lose out, however, they have a realistic chance of moving up one spot. The Texans will likely beat the Colts, making them a 5-win team.

I think the Niners are done winning. They have the Jags and the Rams left, and both of those teams are really hot.

If the Bears lose out, however, they have a realistic chance of moving up one spot. The Texans will likely beat the Colts, making them a 5-win team.

As much as I would like to see Trubisky get another win under his belt, we really need to lose these next two games. Most importantly, we need to see him continue to improve as a player.

2. Giants 2-12 (ARZ/WAS) .503 SOS L/L

3. Colts 3-11 (BAL/HOU) .515 SOS L/L

4. 49ers 4-10 (JAX/LAR) .485 SOS L/L

5. Texans 4-10 (PIT/IND) .494 SOS L/W

6. Bucs 4-10 (CAR/NO) .533 SOS L/L

7. Bears 4-10 (CLE/MIN) .580 SOS W/L

8. Broncos 5-9 (WAS/KC) .509 SOS L/L

9. Bengals 5-9 (DET/BAL) .444 SOS L/L

10. Jets 5-9 (LAC/NE) .488 SOS L/L

Based on the schedules, it looks like us and the Texans/Colts will be the only teams that win a game in the last two weeks. Denver has a shot against Washington too. So if we win one more and the Broncos, Bengals, and Jets lose out, we fall to 10th with one win.

2. Giants 2-12 (ARZ/WAS) .503 SOS L/L

3. Colts 3-11 (BAL/HOU) .515 SOS L/L

4. 49ers 4-10 (JAX/LAR) .485 SOS L/L

5. Texans 4-10 (PIT/IND) .494 SOS L/W

6. Bucs 4-10 (CAR/NO) .533 SOS L/L

7. Bears 4-10 (CLE/MIN) .580 SOS W/L

8. Broncos 5-9 (WAS/KC) .509 SOS L/L

9. Bengals 5-9 (DET/BAL) .444 SOS L/L

10. Jets 5-9 (LAC/NE) .488 SOS L/L

Based on the schedules, it looks like us and the Texans/Colts will be the only teams that win a game in the last two weeks. Denver has a shot against Washington too. So if we win one more and the Broncos, Bengals, and Jets lose out, we fall to 10th with one win.

I won't feel bad if Cleveland beats us in front of about 40K fans. I just want Trubisky to continue to get experience.

So if we win Sunday, we pick 11th? If that's the case, I'm thinking the coaches have a gave plan from Pace.

If we win Sunday, we are basically locked into 10th unless Broncos, Bengals, and Jets win one of their last two games (which we would move up one slot per team from 10th back down to 7th). If we win both, we are looking at anywhere between 11th and 14th.

So 2 losses, as high as 3rd (if all 4 other teams win 2) and has low as 7th (no change)

1 win and 1 loss, 7th-10th (no worse than current spot, or down to 10th due to DEN, CIN, NYJ not winning another game)

2 wins: 11th-14th

2L = 3-7th

1W1L = 7-10th

2W = 11-14th

If we win Sunday, we are basically locked into 10th unless Broncos, Bengals, and Jets win one of their last two games (which we would move up one slot per team from 10th back down to 7th). If we win both, we are looking at anywhere between 11th and 14th.

So 2 losses, as high as 3rd (if all 4 other teams win 2) and has low as 7th (no change)

1 win and 1 loss, 7th-10th (no worse than current spot, or down to 10th due to DEN, CIN, NYJ not winning another game)

2 wins: 11th-14th

2L = 3-7th

1W1L = 7-10th

2W = 11-14th

Thanks for the clarification!

Somehow the Bengals beat the Lions, which makes us only slide to 9th.

1. Browns 0-15

2. Giants 2-12 (ARZ/WAS)

3. Colts 3-12 (HOU)

-----------------------

4. 49ers 4-10 (JAX/LAR)

5. Texans 4-10 (PIT/IND)

6. Bucs 4-11 (NO)

-----------------------

7. Broncos 5-10 (KC)

8. Jets 5-10 (NE)

9. Bears 5-10 (MIN)

Barring any crazy unrealistic games, it looks like we will finish 9th with a loss against Minnesota next week.

Somehow the Bengals beat the Lions, which makes us only slide to 9th.

1. Browns 0-15

2. Giants 2-12 (ARZ/WAS)

3. Colts 3-12 (HOU)

-----------------------

4. 49ers 4-10 (JAX/LAR)

5. Texans 4-10 (PIT/IND)

6. Bucs 4-11 (NO)

-----------------------

7. Broncos 5-10 (KC)

8. Jets 5-10 (NE)

9. Bears 5-10 (MIN)

Barring any crazy unrealistic games, it looks like we will finish 9th with a loss against Minnesota next week.

I could see the Bears move up to 8 because KC clinched the division and have nothing else to play for. They aren't moving up, and will stay as a wild card team. And the Broncos have a very tough defense. But the Jets aren't beating the Pats. Best the Bears can do is 8 in my opinion.

I could see the Bears move up to 8 because KC clinched the division and have nothing else to play for. They aren't moving up, and will stay as a wild card team. And the Broncos have a very tough defense. But the Jets aren't beating the Pats. Best the Bears can do is 8 in my opinion.

Very true, if they have nothing to play for, they might as well use next week as their bye. So 8th or 9th, unless we win :ph34r:

Updated with the late games, and the 49ers win. If they can beat the Rams next week (who knows), we could go as low as 7th (w/ 49ers and Broncos wins) and we lose. If we somehow win, we are looking at 11th or 12th.

1. Browns 0-15

2. Giants 2-13 (WAS)

3. Colts 3-12 (HOU)

4. Bucs 4-11 (NO)

5. Texans 4-10 (PIT/IND) will move to 4th with loss (Browns own pick)

-----------------------

6. Broncos 5-10 (KC)

7. 49ers 5-10 (LAR)

8. Jets 5-10 (NE)

9. Bears 5-10 (MIN)

-----------------------

10. Bengals 6-9 (BAL)

11. Dolphins 6-9 (BUF)

12. Raiders 6-8 (PHI/LAC) will move to 11th with loss tomorrow