Give me a good reason not to trade back

jason

Let's say the Bears end up where they are at or slightly better in the draft. With all the clamor and hype for QBs this year, is there a player good enough for the Bears to stay where they are at?

Convince me, and likely everyone else, why the Bears should stay where they are at. Because I don't see it.

This is a 100% trade back kind of draft.

Let's say the Bears end up where they are at or slightly better in the draft. With all the clamor and hype for QBs this year, is there a player good enough for the Bears to stay where they are at?

Convince me, and likely everyone else, why the Bears should stay where they are at. Because I don't see it.

IF we get a top 5 pick, I would say that should be the choice, but it is possible that we win 3 of the last 5 games and I think that would drop us out of the top of the draft and may make that difficult.

I'll stay put because we need to protect the biscuit. Draft LT Connor Williams. I know he's got occasional technique issues to work on but it's not a consistent problem and he's still young so some of that is to be expected. There is improvement from his 2016 film to 2017. He has the athleticism and vision to handle stunts and blitzes. Add in a bit of nasty because he has no problems burying his opponent or driving them back 5 yards off the LOS when he can. He's pretty good at getting to 2nd level blocks too. I'd like to see more strength on run blocks but again, he's young and that will naturally improve in time. For now, we use a zone blocking scheme and his feet and quickness are perfect fits for that. Draft him, put him at RT, and put Massie on the bench as our backup swing OT for a year...a significant albeit expensive improvement from today's backup OT who's name I don't even know.

My other top 10 choice is Bradley Chubb but I admit he's not an elite talent so a trade down out of the top 5 to give him up is ok if the value is there.

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=connor+williams+h...iai=v6HARqp8yNQ

From 2016...

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=connor+williams+h...iai=9k2MtQ_q9Vs

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/te...nking-nfl-fits/

C’mon Jason, who you kiddding? You know Pace is going to trade up for some obscure QB turned WR in the first round (that no one else considered) then a bunch of D2 players for the rest of the draft. Calling them all BPA.

I'm just not familiar with the players. But all I can say if there is a top 5 talent at LT...we draft him.