14 players on IR, 11 starters

Connorbear

2 straight yrs now of a long list of injuries. I know fox and company said they were going to look into it. If they did anything it obviously didn't work

It could be we have guys who are injury prone; It could also be that football is a violent sport and sometimes its just bad luck and you get more impacted some years (vs. other years).

It could be we have guys who are injury prone; It could also be that football is a violent sport and sometimes its just bad luck and you get more impacted some years (vs. other years).

Yes I totally get the luck portion. But usually it's more random but we are talking at least 2 straight yrs and alot of it is the soft tissue injuries. Broken bones and such is just bad luck. To me this doesn't feel like just bad luck. I feel there is something more than just that. But yes some of it is definitely bad luck

Yes I totally get the luck portion. But usually it's more random but we are talking at least 2 straight yrs and alot of it is the soft tissue injuries. Broken bones and such is just bad luck. To me this doesn't feel like just bad luck. I feel there is something more than just that. But yes some of it is definitely bad luck

It's really is hard to judge this team when the last two years 1/2 of the starters went on IR, let alone many prime time players playing one week and out the next week.

We you completely remake the roster, its the depth that ends up killing you.

With one more draft and some luck with the injuries, I think we can be a contending team for at least a winning record.

It's really is hard to judge this team when the last two years 1/2 of the starters went on IR, let alone many prime time players playing one week and out the next week.

We you completely remake the roster, its the depth that ends up killing you.

With one more draft and some luck with the injuries, I think we can be a contending team for at least a winning record.

What we need is for pace to find some true playmakers regardless of what side of the ball it is. Both sides are void of them. We need some serious luck to find us for damn sure. I am so lost right now with this team is hard to find some hope. Pace brings in guys who "might" be diamonds in the rough but coaching staff doesn't use them. Sure would like to know why an Adam Shaheen can't even find the damn field. Is the staff just not like him at all? Really depressing for sure

I think reality is that 80-90% of football injuries, and injuries in life in general are soft tissue. It's the stuff that connects the bones, which are stronger and should break less often. Unless your name is Kevin White.

I called this years ago. Looks like I was right.

Why are the Bears struggling so hard to win games this year?

The Offensive and Defensive rosters were full of experienced talent, and we finally had coaches with a scheme that can put up points.

The answer was the Bears biggest offseason loss, and it's someone you might never have heard of.

Rusty Jones was the Bears Strength and Conditioning coach from 2005 through spring of 2013.

During that time, the Bears were relatively injury free. Here's a Story from Sports Illustrated about Rusty Jones, and his philosophy of training to avoid injuries, as contrasted with training to gain maximum strength.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writ...programs/1.html

Rusty retired this past year, and we brought in Mike Clark from Kansas City. He was described as being of the opposing school of thought, and interested in "maximizing power and explosion" in the players.

http://www.windycitygridiron.com/2013/6/3/...r-and-explosion

Now we are looking at that same roster of experienced players on the sideline with injuries, missing at least some games. Melton, Paea, McLellin, Briggs, DJ Williams, Tillman, Peppers comprise the heart of the defense and all have missed games due to injury this season. On Offense, Jay Cutler is out with muscle pulls and now an ankle that was probably injured due to limited movement because of his groin.

In fact, none of these players broke a bone. In all cases it was a pulled or ruptured muscle or tendon.

If all those players had remained healthy on defense, I wonder what our defense would like like now, as they started to gel. I wonder what the destination of the healthy 2013 Bears squad would have been.

How badly do we miss Rusty Jones?

http://www.talkbears.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9587

Having lost as many starters over the last 2 years has the Bears haves makes it really difficult to decide where the roster is. Putting Long and Unrien on injured reserve may be interesting though for the future.

In know that Grasu has set the world on light but I hope Whitehair is moved to RG allowing Grasu if his hand injury has healed to play centre. If he shows any ability we might have the option to keep him there or trade him if he looks good. Whatever happens playing Grasu if fit for 4 consecutive games will enable the Bears to decide if he is an asset or a liability that needs to be released.

The open spot at DE is interesting because I have wondered frequently why Bullard hasn’t won the starting role. Now he can’t hide and similar to Grasu I would like him to play out the season as the starter and we will know exactly what we’ve got.

Also it would be good for the coaching staff to put them both on an alert that now is the time to show there high draft position wasn’t a reach.

Having lost as many starters over the last 2 years has the Bears haves makes it really difficult to decide where the roster is. Putting Long and Unrien on injured reserve may be interesting though for the future.

In know that Grasu has set the world on light but I hope Whitehair is moved to RG allowing Grasu if his hand injury has healed to play centre. If he shows any ability we might have the option to keep him there or trade him if he looks good. Whatever happens playing Grasu if fit for 4 consecutive games will enable the Bears to decide if he is an asset or a liability that needs to be released.

The open spot at DE is interesting because I have wondered frequently why Bullard hasn’t won the starting role. Now he can’t hide and similar to Grasu I would like him to play out the season as the starter and we will know exactly what we’ve got.

Also it would be good for the coaching staff to put them both on an alert that now is the time to show there high draft position wasn’t a reach.

We would 1st have to trust that the coaches will play the guys otherwise we won't actually know anything at all. Just like several others. Wouldn't it be a perfect time to see what Shaheen could do yet he can't even get on the field.

I hate the idea of tanking to get a better draft position but if we start Grasu, Bullard, Shaheen and give substantial playing time to Braunecker and Robertson-Harris if they play terrible we will know they aren’t going to be counted on moving forward and we will continue losing resulting in a higher draft pick.

If they play well and build confidence they may be looked at as being starters for the next coaching regime and if we win a few games along the way the team will feel better when the new season arrives.

One thing I really hope happens next season is that our schedule at the start of the season is a little kinder. We have had brutal starts the past 2 years and I don’t think this has helped us.

I think the transition at DE has already started. Look at Bullard's stats

http://www.nfl.com/player/jonathanbullard/2555335/gamelogs

Unrein

http://www.nfl.com/player/mitchunrein/2508016/gamelogs

Then toss in the new guy who just got back healthy in RRH:

http://www.nfl.com/player/royrobertsonharr...556665/gamelogs

Numbers are never the entire story in sports but given where we are at I think the coaches and front office are comfortable letting Bullard and RRH handle things from here on out.