Bears vs Cincinnati. Game Thread

bowlingtwig

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This has to be pointed out of the offense other than penalties have been exceptional. Looking at all phases this is the first time in a long while I have thoroughly enjoyed a Bears game and I feel proud of the team.

Definitely has been awhile since we could thoroughly enjoy a game like this. Such a dominating performance

I know one game doesn’t make a career but I like what Shaheen has done today and the difference has got to be snaps. Over the last 3 weeks he has had 46, 17 and 9. He’s got to be on the pitch to know what player we’ve drafted.

Definitely looks good so far. 4 catches on 5 targets

How can we play at home so woefully against the 49ers and then play like this today.

Is this the gradual development of Trubisky and the light has come on now or is it the play calling.

I looked at the game many times last week on NFL gamepass coaches mode and thought Trubisky missed lots of passes by holding the ball and not hitting the player coming open. Also over throws and inaccurate passes.

We haven’t seen that so far today.

I would like to see how the season plays out before Pace and the others make a decision on the coaching staff. It hasn’t helped us in the past changing offensive co-ordinators and maybe we need to let this continue to breathe.

We have had significant injuries this year and our schedule at the start of the season was brutal.

Does it look like it? Its cold, on the road, and out of the playoffs, i would say not.

The positives: Tribusky looks like a high draft pick today.

Shaheen looks like he could be a stud.

If we get good oline play, we have Howard, Cohen, and Cunningham that can run.

Loggins wont be back, but he has been quite creative today.

A lot of guys hurt on the defensive side, but Callahan and Fuller are people we should be bringing back.

Jackson will probably end up being a star.

When we choose to run Howard,north and south, he looks so much better.

What we lack is consistently but I see us potentially getting there next year.

The positives: Tribusky looks like a high draft pick today.

Shaheen looks like he could be a stud.

If we get good oline play, we have Howard, Cohen, and Cunningham that can run.

Loggins wont be back, but he has been quite creative today.

A lot of guys hurt on the defensive side, but Callahan and Fuller are people we should be bringing back.

Jackson will probably end up being a star.

When we choose to run Howard,north and south, he looks so much better.

What we lack is consistently but I see us potentially getting there next year.

Days like today makes you think we are close for sure. In the 3 games against the AFC north we are 3-0 and avg 228 yards Rushing.

Really like hoe Trubisky is playing so far. Looks like their starting to let him play instead of reining him back all the time. Shame we have called plays like this recently.

I don’t care about losing games for draft position we need to build a winning attitude

They should have saved that for next season. They could have had a franchise-altering draft with a trade down with someone coming up to get a QB, and they blew that now. Next week is an auto-win vs. Cleveland. Detroit is out of it and Minne may have nothing to play for week 17 so 6-10 or 7-9 is possible, and that would be a disaster.

They should have saved that for next season. They could have had a franchise-altering draft with a trade down with someone coming up to get a QB, and they blew that now. Next week is an auto-win vs. Cleveland. Detroit is out of it and Minne may have nothing to play for week 17 so 6-10 or 7-9 is possible, and that would be a disaster.

" an auto-win vs. Cleveland". Ha ha. Now we will lose. Thanks Elgin. With this Fox team there are NO GIVENS.

Imagine that. Bears go to more shotgun sets, and both the ground game and passing game open up! They should have been doing this from the moment Trubisky began as the starter. I don't know what the statistic is anymore, but I know a few weeks ago that the Bears ran more plays under center than any team in the league... with a quarterback who had never taken a snap from under center prior to making it to the NFL.

Jordan Howard averaged over 7 ypc last year running out of the shotgun, yet it took 3/4 of a season for Fox and Loggains to realize they should probably go back to that. Another big day for him.. Crazy.

Imagine that. Bears go to more shotgun sets, and both the ground game and passing game open up! They should have been doing this from the moment Trubisky began as the starter. I don't know what the statistic is anymore, but I know a few weeks ago that the Bears ran more plays under center than any team in the league... with a quarterback who had never taken a snap from under center prior to making it to the NFL.

Jordan Howard averaged over 7 ypc last year running out of the shotgun, yet it took 3/4 of a season for Fox and Loggains to realize they should probably go back to that. Another big day for him.. Crazy.

This is one of the many reasons Fox and company need to go.

Peace :dabears

Where has this offensive play calling been all yr. Trubisky has absolutely dominated them right in the middle of the field. Almost reminds me of what SF did last week. Very impressive. And love how they are using Cohen today. Using him all over the field so the defense doesn't have a clue how he will be used

Yeah, it was nice to see, but where has this been all year. Everyone has been calling for this type of playcalling and we wait until Week 14 to put it on the display?

Trubisky has completed 79% of his passes the last two games with 7.9 yds per attempt, which is elite.

Howard and Cohen returned to their normal production and Shaheen and Wright both had big days.

1-9 in the NFC, 3-0 against the AFC. Go figure.

Yeah, it was nice to see, but where has this been all year. Everyone has been calling for this type of playcalling and we wait until Week 14 to put it on the display?

Trubisky has completed 79% of his passes the last two games with 7.9 yds per attempt, which is elite.

Howard and Cohen returned to their normal production and Shaheen and Wright both had big days.

1-9 in the NFC, 3-0 against the AFC. Go figure.

I think the play calling has been conservative for Tribusky's sake. They put something together and was able to run so there was a flow to the offense.