"The Toilet Bowl" Browns at Bears Game Thread

adam

Go Bears?

Merry Christmas, it's snowing in Chicago.

We win, guarantee a lesser draft spot, but save some face by not losing to a winless team. We also go undefeated in the division (AFC North). Mr. Ohio is already 1-0 against Ohio teams. Can he make it 2-0?

We lose, become "the team that lost to the Browns", maintain draft position, and guarantee Fox's fate.

I am just hoping for a bounce back game for Trubisky and hope that Gordon doesn't go off when our CB's fall down (which they will).

Bears 17 - 13

We Flush the Toilet Bowl! :dabears

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bears score a TD on 2nd drive, after a nice punt return by Cohen (no penalty either).

On drive, Trubisky had a nice play fake rollout to hit Sims for a long gain. He also had a few scrambles for some nice gains.

Nugent has XP blocked. Kicker problems continue. Bears 6-0.

Well, that's two sacks in the first half to one of the worst pass rushing teams in the league.

Make that 3, all on 3rd down. Last two, multiple players get there. I know we have multiple subs in, but man, we really have to think about making O-Line #1 priority this offseason. We need 2-3 upgrades.

Gotta say, as much as I don’t like Pace, seems he may have found a nice safety tandem in Amos and Jackson. Amos is really developing into a true SS and Jackson looks to have that coverage-rangy ability needed at FS.

Agree! Which is why I don't really want a safety in the draft. Jackson has that "Mike Brown feel" to him.

Make that 3, all on 3rd down. Last two, multiple players get there. I know we have multiple subs in, but man, we really have to think about making O-Line #1 priority this offseason. We need 2-3 upgrades.

Notre Dame LT Mike McGlinchy would be ideal. He can step in at RT day one eventually move to LT if Leno flops. If we lose today and end up top 5, it would be great to move down to get him as I see him as a 12-20th rated player since he doesn't look like a sure LT. Otherwise, Chubb OLB would be a great top 5 pick.

Gotta say, as much as I don’t like Pace, seems he may have found a nice safety tandem in Amos and Jackson. Amos is really developing into a true SS and Jackson looks to have that coverage-rangy ability needed at FS.

Pace has drafted quite well. White was a disaster but I can’t blame a guy because of injuries, but other then that he’s found lots of quality players in the draft. We are a good offseason away from being a playoff contender.

Our oline is basically on IR. What do you expect. We don’t have a backup with any experience. Long, Sutton, Compton all out. Massive hurt in the game and obviously Kush hurt in preseason.

I expected the Bears to trade down, acquire more picks, and select an assortment of talent that included help for an already below average OL.

I expected the Bears to trade down, acquire more picks, and select an assortment of talent that included help for an already below average OL.

Sounds good. So we would have glennon at qb and a mediocre record and be wondering how are we ever going to get a QB. No thanks...I’ll take the shot at Trubisky. Bout time we had a gm with the courage to go get the guy he wanted to be our franchise QB.

The Bears can't afford to pass on great talent with character concerns. The Bears need talent, regardless. Enough of the super safe.

I disagree with the character matter cause character does matter. That said Gordon always plays hard and while he has issues, I don’t think they are similar to other players. Substance abuse is no joke though and you don’t want that to spread to others. We have massive needs at wideout though, but you need to be a able to depend on those guys.