Head Coach Rumors

Chitownhustla

Problem is that out of everyone we have interviewed the only person that we can actually announce the hiring of prior to Fangio becoming a FA is Nagy

You can’t announce it till their team is out of the playoff?

Well I guess if Fangio signs a new contract as the DC Pace will have a deal worked out with a new HC.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Problem is that out of everyone we have interviewed the only person that we can actually announce the hiring of prior to Fangio becoming a FA is Nagy

The rumor mill will suffice. No announcement was made but the NFL world knows the Lions are working on deal to make Matt Patricia their new HC.

Great post, I think you are right. The only reason to block Fangio from interviewing is with hopes of hiring your new HC and keeping him on, it makes complete sense.

There is also the professional courtesy of Pace helping Fangio. If Fangio doesn't want anything to do with Marvin Lewis and the Bengals then Pace helps him out by denying the interview request. That doesn't put Fangio in the uncomfortable spot of declining an interview just a few days before he might be a FA.

Where have you seen this? I missed it!

There are a lot of breadcrumbs on the trail. Here's a couple...

https://sportsnaut.com/2018/01/report-matt-...ad-coach-lions/

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/01/06/matt-patr...lions-coach-job

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2018/01/l...icia-head-coach

The other thing you look for is that his name cools off regarding other head coaching searches.

With Matt Patricia you have to add in that Teryl Austin was in the HC running but today he's reportedly in contract negotiations with the Bengals to be their new DC. Which also means some new HC doesn't want him as the DC.

There is also the professional courtesy of Pace helping Fangio. If Fangio doesn't want anything to do with Marvin Lewis and the Bengals then Pace helps him out by denying the interview request. That doesn't put Fangio in the uncomfortable spot of declining an interview just a few days before he might be a FA.

I would be safe to say Vic won't be a head coach. So his options are Oakland, up in the air. If he stays in cold weather, he helped build this, as for Packers only advantage is having Rodgers. I think he would choose here, the Bears will make him the highest paid DC.

I would be safe to say Vic won't be a head coach. So his options are Oakland, up in the air. If he stays in cold weather, he helped build this, as for Packers only advantage is having Rodgers. I think he would choose here, the Bears will make him the highest paid DC.

Based on his statement about wanting to stay here it is safe to assume Fangio likes working with Pace and feels confident he'll bring in the talent he wants/needs. Green Bay's front office is in transition so he has no idea how that will play out. I too think Fangio would stick with the top 10 defense he just built with almost all young talent.